< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 135 136 137 > >> >>> »|

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The story thus far...

DarkRybrin

The oldest sister came down that quiet forest path to their cottage, picking disturbingly red hairs from her woven blade as she walked, and fixing her skirts before the other two saw and could jump to conclusions. The closer she came to home, the more noise she could hear, supposing the troublemaker duo were at it again. Still, the bounty she claimed today and food she carried in her satchel should be enough for a couple of weeks. She'd get them somewhere. Even if she rather run away, and have an adventure...
And not get pranked, bullied, or otherwise be bothered with children. Oh, woe was her.
Especially as she wasn't that much older, or that much better. If at all.

NocturnalVeil

The only brother in the small family group jumped down his favorite climbing tree and hurried up to the older sister. Curious about what the satchel might hold he followed his sister closely and studied the outside almost as if he could see through it. He though about snatching it but his sister didn't look to be in a good mood, it would be fun but probably not worth it...

DarkRybrin

The hooting of their farm of owl mushrooms was louder as well today, as she drew near. That probably meant her two younger sisters were in the thick of something. It actually made her a little relieved to see her younger brother, apart from the inevitable mess and destruction that awaited her. She waved to him, and as he started circling her like a fish, she reached in and tossed him out a truly impressively sized apple.
"What did you do today, kiddo?"
Yeah, she wasn't in the best of moods, but when was she ever? It came from nights of dreaming about something more. About not being a mother of three, with no other parents present.
"Talk to any neat animals today?"
All of her siblings had a talent, like she did. She was just naturally good with a sword. Her brother had a tendency to go forth and tame anything in his path.

NocturnalVeil

The brother caught the apple and looked around for any possible apple thiefs in form of sisters, then hid his prize in his big lumpy sleeves. he would grow in to the shirt eventually but it looked like it could take years.
"Not much, I played with the gray cat earlier."
After a second look around for any sisters he took a big bite from his apple but kept it hidden under his sleeve.
"Just the cat, I saw an owl too but it stayed up in the tree. it was really big and had big yellow eyes.." A long description of the owl continued..

DarkRybrin

The provider of apples was simply mildly amused, doing that half-listening thing people do when they've determined they've heard it all before; and the thing siblings due when they are actually incapable of tuning the other ones out.
"Did the cat tell you anything today?"
Sometimes...she strongly suspected the cat wasn't really a cat. It had told him some very strange things before. Many would discard her brother's ability to be like talking to imaginary friends, but he sometimes got useful, factual information out of animals.
They were in sight of the cottage now. It was a decent size for four, cared for the best they could, but they didn't put their money into home repair. Her first ever slaying bounty, and a few after that, had gone into making sure she had the best gear available. It was very important she do well in her profession. Maybe she would enter the Dueling Arena at some point...
If she didn't have kids to take care of.

The hooting of owl mushrooms grew louder, quite the fuss really. They were hard to care for and raise, but could be sold for decent prices when they reached maturity, as they were ideal to keep pests from crops. They only grew in certain areas, so it was at least stable, assured income for them.
"I don't suppose you could enlighten me as to what your sisters have been doing with the mushrooms...

NocturnalVeil

The boy scratched his head a bit while thinking on what the cat had said.
"He said weird things today. First he talked about a fat rat he caught but then he said that gray wasn't good for girls. Hmm, he said that there was a gray man with steel waiting on a rock for one of the three girls and that he was hungry for blood but didn't like rats at all. When the moon is hidden he will hunt his pray."
The boy took another bite from his apple and waved at a sparrow the flew past him.
"I don't know, ask them, not me." He said in a somewhat sassy tone.

DarkRybrin

Well, that was foreboding. She sighed a little, stretching her arms and fanning her hair slightly like it was too warm to cover up the sudden shiver that had gone through her. She didn't want her brother to think something was wrong. Sure, she had no idea what the cat was on about, but she could be damn sure there was something bad in the area, a man, and that he was particularly bad for her and her sisters. Well, ****.
"That's a cute story the cat told you. Just don't bring it up at dinner." She grinned then, patting the satchel. "We've got a lot of delicious things for dinner tonight. I'm going to shoo everyone inside early, since I'm going to need everyone's help."
Including a turkey, ham, bread, fruit...things they couldn't get typically on their own. It would be fantastic. That, and it would put the kids to sleep fast after dinner, and keep them busy and excited before it. And then? She was going out on patrol. Checking all the rock outcroppings of the area....anywhere a cat could get to reasonably within a day around the house. With her sword, she was fearless for herself. But very worried for her sisters and brother.

Hell, they annoyed her, but she loved them. Couldn't live without them.
And this brat particularly annoyed her. Again...at least he didn't realize what he had just said.
"Let's go do that then, kid."
She gave him a nudge with her knee in the direction of their owl-garden. The vegetable garden was in that direction too, but slightly separate. Different care requirements.

LoveForChii

"UGH!!!!!!!!" The girl screeched as she kicked at one of the owl mushrooms. "You're getting my only dress ALL DIRTY! What's the point of having you, if not to buy me clothes, if you're just going to RUIN them when I come to bring food?" The little one stomped to show her frustration.
"I'll have to go to the stream and clean this up before big sister sees.... She always gets grumpy when I make a mess... But I'll need a change of clothes, too, then..."
The little one peered over the farm toward the cottage. Her brother and older sister could be seen trudging toward the front door. Good thing I can become invisible when need be...
I'd only used it to creep up and scare older sister before. But this will work too...

The little one closed her eyes, breathed slowly, and felt herself fade away. After a few seconds, she knew she couldn't be seen until she opened her mouth again.
The little one crept up to the porch, her siblings inches away. While they were talking about that stupid smelly cat, she pulled the door open, hoping they wouldn't notice. Her siblings were occupied in their conversation, but she felt the glowing green eyes of that annoying cat on her back as she quietly pulled the door closed.

DarkRybrin

Well, that sounded like a temper tantrum. Instead of going to the front door as she initially would have, Krybr trooped around the house to see what had her little sister all up in arms. But no sister.
At least with whatever dangerous person there was lurking around, she didn't have to worry about the youngest. Invisibility was helpful in that way.

Hands on her hips, the eldest glanced about. She didn't hear any footsteps over the owls, though did see dropped scraps and compost on the ground. Where was the little brat?
"Kay kiddo, finish feeding the owls for your sister. I'll find her."
Time to tromp inside the house then like she intended, and find why the littlest was skirting her chores. At least, minus one owl, they all seemed fine. Though hungry.

NocturnalVeil

The boy wasn't thrilled over being put on feeding duty but couldn't object with a mouth full of apple and got to work. Hopefully dinner would be good, the apple was tasty but hardly filling him up. Growing boys could always eat more.
A wisper caught his attention and he turned around. The cat was sitting well hidden in the vegetation around the owl mushroom garden but he had heard where the sound came from and walked over to the cat. It looked very happy for a cat, sometimes the boy was sure the cat smiled at him rather than just looked that way.
"Ok I'll get inside but I have to finish feeding the owlies first" They boy replied to the cat.

LoveForChii

Inside the house, Mira scuffled toward the room she shared with her sisters. The room wasn't so small, though the big bed the sisters all shared took up a lot of room. She ran to the dresser, opened the bottom one that held her clothes, and grabbed something more suitable for going into the woods. She changed quickly, tucking her soiled dress into her satchel that was hanging on the coat rack her older sister had made to keep things tidy. Mira really did admire Krybr's tidiness, it made things so much prettier.
soap, soap.... bathroom...
The little one hurriedly grabbed the soap that sat on the sink's ledge and headed for the back door.
Krybr!!! What is she doing here?!
Mira wanted to yell, since now she was going to have to try harder, but then she's be visible again and everything would be ruined. Huffing under her breath, she headed toward the window, where her twin was seen finishing the chore she had left undone.
oops... I'll have to bring him something from the forest to make up for it.
She snuck out the front door again, avoided looking at that darned cat she knew was staring at her, and started running.

DarkRybrin

Dinner was to be amazing, a beast slain and villagers saved. Not that the kids would get that full story for a few more years. Hell, she couldn't even tell them their parent's story, or at least the one she suspected was true.
Krybr missed the exchange between her kid twin brother and one of the cats that were forever in false hope because of the owl mushrooms. Inside their quaint cottage, she searched for Mira.
"Mira. Miiira. Aren't you going to help me with dinner? I brought peaches and apples home."
A blatant trick, as with the fruit would come a chewing out, but sisters-standing-in-as-mothers were allowed to do that sort of thing. She even made a show of putting down her bag filled with food, and putting it all away in wax-sealed ceder cupboards, and the hatch door in the floor where things stayed cooler underground. But no Mira came out of hiding. That likely meant she wasn't here, though she could have sworn she heard footsteps.

The brat knew she was in trouble, clearly.
Back outside she went, still armed, though minus the heavy satchel packed with food.
"Could you ask your friends if they've seen your troublemaking sister anywhere? I don't think she's here."
Gods, the insanity of taking care of children with magic. Even if it was only one major ability per child...it drove a non-magic-user such as herself, who wanted to get on with her life, absolutely bat-crazy. And with the cat's report, she was starting to get antsy. Where was Mira?

DarkRybrin

Dinner was to be amazing, a beast slain and villagers saved. Not that the kids would get that full story for a few more years. Hell, she couldn't even tell them their parent's story, or at least the one she suspected was true.
Krybr missed the exchange between her kid twin brother and one of the cats that were forever in false hope because of the owl mushrooms. Inside their quaint cottage, she searched for Mira.
"Mira. Miiira. Aren't you going to help me with dinner? I brought peaches and apples home."
A blatant trick, as with the fruit would come a chewing out, but sisters-standing-in-as-mothers were allowed to do that sort of thing. She even made a show of putting down her bag filled with food, and putting it all away in wax-sealed ceder cupboards, and the hatch door in the floor where things stayed cooler underground. But no Mira came out of hiding. That likely meant she wasn't here, though she could have sworn she heard footsteps.

The brat knew she was in trouble, clearly.
Back outside she went, still armed, though minus the heavy satchel packed with food.
"Could you ask your friends if they've seen your troublemaking sister anywhere? I don't think she's here."
Gods, the insanity of taking care of children with magic. Even if it was only one major ability per child...it drove a non-magic-user such as herself, who wanted to get on with her life, absolutely bat-crazy. And with the cat's report, she was starting to get antsy. Where was Mira?

NocturnalVeil

Maro spun around when he heard Krybr and shook his head. "No need, the cat know where she's going. In the shade, under the gray, a girl alone in the glade. He said I should tell you before dark." Maro looked down to where that cat had been hiding but it had snuck off when Krybr started talking. "It's a weird cat... when is dinner ready? I fed the owls." Maro placed his hands behind his back and gave Krybr a look filled with anticipation while rocking slightly back and forth.

loveforchii

After scrubbing vigorously in the shallow brooke a mile from home, Mira sighed with satisfaction. Her dress was finally clean. She stood up from where she had been kneeling behind a big boulder to avoid the sun and put the freshly washed dress in her worn satchel and looked around.
uh oh... It's getting dark.
Her stomach rumbled softly and Mira realized that she hadn't eaten since breakfast.
Do I eat now and spoil my dinner, or do I go home hungry and ask for more than my fair share of food? Mira pondered for a moment before a heavy thunk was heard nearby.
Looking toward her right, Mira, crouched, went left toward the noise.
Peering through the bushes, a rabbit lay on the ground, not moving.
Food! Mira whispered excitedly, licking her lips as she imagined what Krybr could make with it.
Mira was ready to pounce when she remembered what Krybr was telling her this morning during their walk.
Be cautious. Always think things through. Your impulsive actions could cost you your life one day, Mira.
Someone had to kill this rabbit for it to get here. Maybe I should look for who did it.

Mira slowly faded, not wanting to be seen. She'd heard rumors about what happened to kids who stayed out after dark... Mira thought it might be sis making things up to scare her, but what if...
Silent, she creeped up toward the rabbit and saw a fancy arrow sticking out from its side.
Looking both ways around her, she pulled it out of the lifeless rabbit and inspected it.
Oh man, Krybr gave me a lesson on the different types of arrows and who sells them, but who would have thought it actually mattered?!
Mira stuffed the rabbit and arrow into her pack, making sure to hold onto the pack at least in one spot to ensure its invisibility. Ready to go home, Mira froze when she heard footsteps. Mira shut her eyes, wincing, trying not to be noticed. Invisibility did not stifle her sounds.

"Where the hell did that little rabbit go? I know I shot it around here. Damn Horas isn't feeding us s**t. The money, though... Almost makes it worth the loss of your precious morality. The one with the deep voice cackled.
"Shut up... Who cares, anyway? It's not like this town is anything special. Their ale is pretty nice, though. Maybe we can spare that inkeep?"

"You heard Horas. The whole dinky town. As soon as he sends the word. I think we're waiting on more fluid. It's gotta look like a forest fire. He doesn't know who saw what happened that night here. And he doesn't want to risk his precious reputation."

"If it weren't for the money...I'd have a problem with this. Too bad them lasses gotta eat, huh, Gale?"
The younger man laughed.
"C'mon, let's get outta here and spend those few coins we got on a real nice meal while we wait for our coin."
Mira turned her head, trying to memorize their faces and their pale gray cloaks with some symbol on them before they walked away. But it was all she could do to keep from crying.

After she was sure they wouldn't be able to hear her run, she rushed for her house, pulled open the door. Krybr and Maro jumped up, one furious and the other curious, but before a word could be uttered, Mira fell on the floor, sobbing, and choked out the words to piece together what had happened.

Shopper

LoveForChii

sorry. my bad. coz there's a no "no advertising" rule in your thread. I delete it. sorry again. sweatdrop

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
iKapamilya
LoveForChii

sorry. my bad. coz there's a no "no advertising" rule in your thread. I delete it. sorry again. sweatdrop

User Imagethank you. as the title infers, the thread is under construction. I'm making it right now and want to keep the front page clean. thanks again!

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
wow, I have so many things on the list it's so hard to choose what to quest! xP

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageI can't wait to get owlpocalypse!
That side bow is so me!

Enduring Gaian

12,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
LoveForChii

Hello there! I came by to give you a small donation and to let you know that I am questing hugs in my forum linked in my signiture.

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
125th
LoveForChii

Hello there! I came by to give you a small donation and to let you know that I am questing hugs in my forum linked in my signiture.

User Image
emotion_hug
Thank you very much!!
And I wish you best of luck on your quest, I hope that helps! ^

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
125th

User Image
HOLY CRAP, 100k?!?!?!?!
Thank you!!! emotion_kirakira

Enduring Gaian

12,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
LoveForChii

User Image
emotion_hug
Thank you very much!!
And I wish you best of luck on your quest, I hope that helps! ^

No problem, and thanks for the hug. You'll appear on my hugs list. smile

Lonely Hoarder

16,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
Goodluck Chii! <3

Invisible Hunter

9,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
CIeric
Goodluck Chii! <3

User Imagethanks! C:
How have you been?

Lonely Hoarder

16,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
LoveForChii
CIeric
Goodluck Chii! <3

User Imagethanks! C:
How have you been?

I've been ok, how about yourself?

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
CIeric
LoveForChii
CIeric
Goodluck Chii! <3

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/sillysally54321/stinker-belle.gifthanks! C:
How have you been?

I've been ok, how about yourself?

User ImageI'm okay too.
Trying to get through finals. And today's mother's day, which is the second busiest day of the year for resturaunts. I'm working a double. :/

Enchantress

Hey Chii :3 ~just visiting ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas