Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallo, Indigo here.
I have one last quest which is also a contest, and it's a big one.
I am questing for one trillion gold! Yeah, I know, that's a whole lot of gold, and to complicate matters, I'm have a contest to go right along with it. Here's how it works:

If you help me reach this goal either by:

Making a direct donation of gold or items, or by SELLING items I purchase and make profit from, you will receive a prize from me.

Each 10,000th gold - 1000 Gold Prize
Each 100,000th gold - 10,000 Gold Prize
Each 1,000,000th gold - 100,000 Gold Prize
Each 10,000,000th gold - 1,000,000 Gold Prize
Each 100,000,000th gold - 10,000,000 Gold Prize
Each 1,000,000,000th gold - 100,000,000 Gold Prize
Each 10,000,000,000th gold - 1,000,000,000 Gold Prize
Each 100,000,000,000th gold - 10,000,000,000 Gold Prize
And finally, whomever I receive my 1 trillionth gold from will receive a 100,000,000,000 gold prize!

That makes this the single largest prize contest on Gaia ever, with a top prize of one hundred billion in pure gold.

Now there is a catch - there always is, isn't there? What's the catch? It's the deadline - the deadline for this contest is 31 Dec 07!

And since I have prizes to give at various milestones, it's going to take a lot to get there.

So, how do you play this game? It's easy - if you sell items in the marketplace, you're already playing and don't know it. I purchase items there all the time, and if I happen to purchase from you and the resell of an item I've bought takes me to one of the milestones I've listed, you'll be receiving a trade from me with an amount of gold as listed above in it.

If you make a donation (trade) of gold or items to me that hits a milestone, you'll be receiving a trade as indicated.

If I trade direct with you for something and the result of that trade takes me to a milestone, you'll receive a prize via trade as well.

I will also be giving random prizes to people who post in this thread. Bumpers, posters, promoters - all of you will have a chance to win various items, or small prize purses.

Now hopefully you've had a chance to understand the scope of the quest/contest. There's a huge amount of gold at stake here, for everyone, and the quickest, easiest way to win is by selling in the marketplace - but watch your prices! I only buy things that are profitable for me - so if you keep your prices low, you're going to make gold from the sale, but you could also end up making a whole lot more than you ever imagined!

Good luck!

Indigo
Reserved for Milestone Winners.

First Winner: moonseyes26 - 1,000 Gold + 5,000 First Prize Award

Special Prize Awards: DeathWyrmNexus, October 2007 Collectible Letter

October Bump Prize Winner: dbdcdhdj

November Bump Prize:calebthecat

1,000 Gold Winners:
Phate Oman, crazmonke, sakura3496, -Bubblegum Fairie-, DeathWyrmNexus, Tarkanos (Double Prize Award), Phate Oman, epionine

10,000 Gold Winners:
Phate Oman, moonseyes26, Tamara Rain)

100,000 Gold Winners:
Meekin

1,000,000 Gold Winners:
Phate Oman (way to go!)

10,000,000 Gold Winners:

100,000,000 Gold Winners:

1,000,000,000 Gold Winners:

10,000,000,000 Gold Winners:

Grand Prize - 100,000,000,000 Gold Winner:
Bumped to be seen - this forum overflows fast.
I've just had my first prize winner, moonseyes26. As a special bonus, for being my first first-tier winner, a bonus of 5,000 gold!

~I
This needs bumped again.
Bump required.

Perhaps I need to reiterate - bumpers, promoters and posters also have a chance to win prizes as well!

~I
It's a Quest, it's a Contest, it's a Con-Quest!
All you need to play is a trading pass (that's the only way I can award prizes!). If you sell in the market at reasonable prices, you can win a prize. Direct donations (gold or items) can win a prize. Promoting this contest, posting/bumping here can also win smaller prizes.

There's just one catch: you have to claim your prize within 24 hours of being notified you've won, or the prize award will go back into the pool.

Good luck!

~I
Call me a noob or what, but isn't this against the ToS?
Not at all. We're free to quest for anything we like and free to hold our own games/contests so long as we're not deceptive, and award the prizes fairly.
yay first bump of this thread!!

Bump!

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
bumpalishios

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nice work, Demari, but this isn't just a donation thread =)
My last winner came out of the marketplace - things I'd bought from him and resold took me to a 10k milestone.

If you don't mind, I would like to use this, but I'd like to modify the text, unless you'd rather do the modifications, in which case, PM me and I'll give you my suggestion.

~I

Original Fairy

15,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
Needs bumped again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash