Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Winner

OMG IT'S SO CUTE
*pokes its stummy*
Teehee!

So my team apparently isn't as great as I thought. I can't get past 18 matches in the Battle Maison.
But I've discovered my weaknesses, so now I have to go back and figure out how to hash them out.

Romantic Gekko

7,775 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I love competitive pokemon, but I'm a noob who doesn't know all the rules and I'm not good or patient enough to IV Breed etc. So I just make a team I like that's probably s**t and try to make it work even though it's bad.
Also ******** double wabbufet with leftovers.

Shirtless Winner

If you don't like the work, you can always use the online simulators and set up your team virtually and battle people to see how it works out.
Then if you want, you can create the real team on your game.

And I think Wobbuffet with leftovers is banned.
Somewhere it was at least.

Main rules for the overall metagame are:
Species clause: can't have two of the same 'dex number in your party
Item clause: cannot use two of the same item on two different Pokemon
Time limit clause
Ubers are banned from all but the Uber tier.

It really depends on what/where you're playing for the different clauses; it apparently differs greatly. In genV, drizzle+swift swim are illegal, but not in genVI. Double Team and Minimize are illegal in doubles, but not singles, or something. Enigma berry and Soul Dew were banned in some competitions. Could only have one Pokemon with Baton Pass on your team.
It's pretty confusing. x3 Kinda just have to look into whatever you're going into.

They're not complicated. It's usually only one or two things more than the overall clauses.

And actually, IV breeding I don't much mind anymore 'cause I have good parents to start off with now and once you have the Hatching O Power and Flame Body, hatching is quick. EV breeding is the tedious crap.

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Shirtless Winner

Hullo~

Here you go, DM:
6v6 Metagame
VGC/Flat Battles (doubles) (although, I'm not sure about the native-Kalos thing; I'm hearing different things)

Generous Citizen

Fluskie
nice thread

Username: Fluskie
Item Quested: 30bil gold
Progress on Quest: 5bil

So you are just questing for more gold? o.O

Shy Cat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Generous 100
Mario_Maniac
Fluskie
nice thread

Username: Fluskie
Item Quested: 30bil gold
Progress on Quest: 5bil

So you are just questing for more gold? o.O

yup

Generous Citizen

lol I don't think anyone has come in here before questing for just gold =P

Shirtless Winner

Actually, I thought about half of them did. x3

So I had to bring my car in a few weeks ago because the water pump broke. Seven hours and $1000 later, I'm still having problems.
Brought it in yesterday for a diagnosis (at a different place), expecting them to tell me I needed a new tranny, expecting the worse, and they just told me the water pump is leaking because the wrong coolant was put into it.
The whole job has to be redone.
Funny thing is that I told them originally that my car takes a certain type of coolant, and they told me it doesn't.
So good news! I might have to wait for my car again and deal with the original mechanic again, but I won't have to pay more for it.
I won't have to get a new car! Yay!

So I'll just be carless for the weekend. I think it'll be my first weekend at my house all summer, haha.

Romantic Gekko

7,775 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I'm Pretty sure the native Kalos thing was just for the Pokemon official ran VGC tourneys. I remember them mentioning it on stream. But in general most people just use Smogon.

But yea Wabbafet with leftovers is banned under Smogon I believe. Or it used to be. But I saw two friend do it once and it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Shirtless Winner

I think Wobbuffet was banned from doubles as well.
And I couldn't figure out if 'native Kalos' meant only the Kalos poke'dex, or if it could be a species outside Kalos but bred in Kalos:

Pokemon that are transported in via PokeTransfer/Bank don't have the hexagon stamp, but I think their babies hatched in Kalos do. Not sure if they were accepted, as I've read that those species only obtainable through the Friend Safari were not allowed.
*shrug*

Versatile Codger

Kalos native means only pokemon in the kalos dex.

Shirtless Winner

@Vestigia - Damn.

@ Ask - Hullo.

Romantic Gekko

7,775 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Kalos Dex is indeed Kalos only Pokedex. Also. I have spend about 20 hours this week trying to get a shiny Pumpkaboo. FML.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff