A higher power once promised his people, he will save those who are in need in times of desperation. Many believed they will achieve harmony and peace when he saves. The sacred entity once said to his people, "Evil may take over, but good will always triumph".
Matthew Prior Wrote:
Charity is that which opens in each heart a little heaven.
Table of Contents
2. Charity News
3. Owner Info
5. Special Events
9. Request Forms
10. Donated and Waiting List
15. Reserved Visitors!
Please <3 the thread, we've worked hard
Total Donated: 104.51 Billion*
(this is based on the price at time of donation as does not reflect inflation)
January 12th:To everyone that I've reached out to,
Gosh I can't thank you all enough, for both the trust and encouragement. I contacted you with ill tidings, but all I came away with was love and support. That is what makes this forum the best on Gaia and the reason that I've stayed for so long. Days ago I was having so many doubts about how many people even still appreciate being here. I still love running a charity and everyone I've spoken with over these past few days brings me back to the reason that I do this, why we all do this.
Thank you all for everything!
January 5th: Where does one even begin to update these days. It's actually very painful because there is so little to say. Everyone's abandoning this site, and it feels like this forum is getting hit worst of all. I've been considering moving to Chatterbox it's that bad. Sure I'd get a lot of trolling, but at least it would be something! April 21st:Update Time!
I feel like this Easter Event has been the best event time I've spent on the site. All the wonderful people I got to meet made it really special to me. I got some amazing presents, gave away a whole bunch of gifts, won some adorable little grunnies, and got the most beautiful avi art ( thank you MissLoony). It's made it feel more like the old Gaia that we all loved. So thank you to those wonderful people and I hope to see you around.
That being said, the charity has been a busy gifting beaver so I need to update the giveaway items. Due to some really generous gifts and donations to the charity we have about 200 million to give and an even better item selection. That's after the two billion we gave away in about two weeks! I do however have a favour to ask sweatdrop. Since I'm on an iPad right now, I can't get the links to the item images so I can put them on the front page. If anyone is willing, could you pm me the coded links so I can copy paste them. Needless to say I'd love you forever and you would have dibs on an item you like.
In addition to items and gold I might have something better... MissLoony, who did my sig art has generously offered me another free avi art. I honestly feel so privileged just to have one, so I'd like to gift someone my 'voucher'. I'll need to ask her if that's okay first.
So I'll go pick though the invo and get back to you all, sorry for the long update.
Oh and thanks Gaia for making me type it twice, since you crashed right when I was hitting the post button >.<
October 5th 2005:Dreamcatchers Charity opens!
**These figures do not include prize money from events
~Name~Alura19 (You may call me Ally if you'd like) ~Birthday~ September 1 ~Favorite Authors~Stephen King, Sara Douglass, Neil Gaiman and classical literature. ~Favorite Anime~ Yu Yu Hakusho, Witch Hunter Robin, Fushigi Yugi. ~Life's Ambition~To find a potato that looks like Jesus and sell it on ebay. ~Other~ I started Dreamcatchers about 5 months after I found Gaia. A few people helped me get my angelic pendant and I was so thankful. It was my decision to put that energy back into helping others. Almost ten years later... and here we are.
I'm a full-time professional, so excuse minor delays. I'll nerd about anything from books, movies, news, and definitely Harry Potter.
**I'm currently looking to hire a Moderator for the thread. Form to come soon, until then PM if you have questions. **
~These are the wonderful people who have dedicated their time and money into helping others achieve their dreams and keeping this charity alive.~
Donators to the Charity:
1.- 65. Earlier Donations
66. Annira- Kiki Kitty, Lovely Petals, Angelic lace, Chyaku Norisu Scarf, Future Lady Soldier Gari
67. Anonymous- Divided Stars (I love you)
68. BeckaBaka- 500k + a lot of items heartheart
69. Sparoo- 22,334,455g heart
70. Tholia- 55 million + a lot of hope (it meant the world to me)
71. Silent Empathy- 1 Billion eek
72. Mn_426- 100 Million heart
73. Anon- Flutterfly heart
74. Aeris Dysnomia- 10 billion gonkheartheart (thank you so much, I'll make sure it goes to a good cause)
75. IvySnowDrop- 2.5 billion (you all are too much, thank you a million times over for everything)
76. Anon- Philosophers Cache
77. Rie_lil_vamp- 50 Billion (thank you so much!!! I'll make sure it goes towards some great events.)
- Please follow the ToS.
- Do not beg for gold or items.
- Absolutely no advertising in my thread without my explicit permission.
- Grammar and spelling are your friends since I need to be able to read your post
- If you do not read these rules and/or ignore my rules I will probably ignore your posts all together, just as if you where a small dust mite floating around the thread.
-Mules are not allowed unless you explain in your first post the reason you're using one, and it should be a legit one at that.
- Please fill out the form in the following post.
- A quest thread is preferred, but not necessarily required.
- Please do not inquire about the status of your donation, if it's declined a letter will be posted, otherwise it's processing.
- Do not complain because you where dissatisfied with your donated amount or did not receive a donation.
- It does not need to be an item quest (Breedable pets, avi art, etc. are all acceptable)
- Prove that you have read and understand the rules by placing 'Donation Request' in 'Orange' above your form.
- If your application was declined you may resubmit in two weeks time, unless otherwise stated. (I reserve the right to modify any rules or policies as I see fit and without notice.)
(I do not have to donate to you!)
Break any thread rules and I will imprison you here and all posts following your banishment will be deleted.
-CMBreeh, Traavis, and zachearys- same douche bag scamming people up and down the charity/quest forums. CHARITY OWNERS BEWARE!
~An extended Donation System for Dedicated Questors~
This is a special program for those Gaians that need and deserve something extra. An adoptee will recieve weekly donations of at least 1 Billion in gold or items depending on the charities funds. The total amount donated will vary but will not exceeded 50 Billion. Those donated to will be kept on until their quest is completed, or the maximum amount has been reached.
What we look for in Gaians we Adopt:
Those who will be considered for adoption must display a dedication, not only to their quest, but to getting the most out of Gaia. Yes pixels are shiny and pretty, but they are not the most important thing. To be considered you must also show an active interest in the charity by posting in the thread and/or participating in our numerous contests.
-You must be active in the thread for at least one week prior to applying for adoption-
-You must have been an active member of Gaia for at least two months-
-The item you are questing must be over 10 billion-
-You must meet all other donation requirements as explained in the rules post-
-You must stay active in the charity thread on a regular basis-
-You must be actively working towards your quest-
Ember Ignite- 155k
The Malfoy Mistress- 400k
Quel Dommage- 100k
~If you would like to be considered for a donation, please read the entire page before filling out the form and posting it in the thread.~
Single-Time Donation Form
Your happiest memory:
What country do you live in:
The item you are questing for:
How much gold you have saved:
How much the item costs:
Working! link to your quest thread:
What is your favorite part of Gaia:
How do you spend most of your time here:
Who is the nicest person you've met and why:
So you're stranded on a desert island and...?
How many charities have you applied to:
Anything you'd like us to know:
~Please Sign the Guest Book~
To sign just click the box below and then type your name and message. We like to know what you think, even if you're just passing through.