Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Elder

User Image
Story of the Divine Promise:
Quote:
A higher power once promised his people, he will save those who are in need in times of desperation. Many believed they will achieve harmony and peace when he saves. The sacred entity once said to his people, "Evil may take over, but good will always triumph".

Matthew Prior Wrote:
Quote:
Charity is that which opens in each heart a little heaven.

Table of Contents
1. Introduction
2. Charity News
3. Owner Info
4. Donators and Regulars
5. Giveaway Event
6. Giveaway Event
7. Rules
8. Blacklist
9. Donation Form & Guest Book
10. Adoption Center & Form
11. Donatees and Waiting List
12. Awards
13. Links
14. Reserved

Visitor Count
Please <3 the thread, we've worked hard

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eloquent Elder

User ImageUser Image

Alura's Status: User Image

Total Donated: 1,963,895,913*

July 24th: Everything is going smoothly, or so I hope, so I haven't had much to post on as far as announcements go. I've actually had some extra time to go roaming around and hopefully promoting the charity and the contests. As much as I love getting art for the regulars here, these types of contests still don't seem as fun as the theme ones. I guess it's the surprise factor of seeing what Gaia artists can really do when given free rein. Hopefully I'll be able to host another of those soon, they really are the most fun I've had on this site.

May11th 2012: Some great new pre-anniversary events up! There are awesome opportunities for regulars and newcomers alike, so scroll down and check them out. Quite honestly, I'm sitting here, typing and going...'What the hell! It's been almost Seven Years! I think back when I started this charity, a few months was impressive, and now it's been years.... It's like looking into the future and seeing colonizations on other planets. But I'm not the only one, please pay your respects to the other legendary charities on Gaia and their owners. I think I'll try to get a list and maybe do something special for all of us, anyone whose stuck with it this long deserves it.

April 11th 2012: The Great Planning Charlie Brown! So I've buckled down and started setting up for the Anniversary Event. A few of the contests/games require you to be a regular so advertisement has started now. I'm going to be screening for some mods ( a first with my charity) because I want the event to be huge and I'm going to need the help. Contests right now will include an advertisement contest and the banner contest, also maybe an avi art contest (Ally wants art =0!). Games we'll have are bingo (thank you Malfoy Mistress), guess the mystery box, and a lucky number roll. More will be explained on these shortly. The main event begins August 17th!

March 23rd 2012: Great contests going on right now! We have the Easter Egg hunt and the Banner contest. I commissioned my first ever uber special signature for the charity that I'm excited about. I'm just generally happy about getting back into the swing of things on Gaia and making some nice plans for the future.

February 6th 2012: Super long and horribly unintended hiatus! I'm really sorry, but extenuating circumstances haven't allowed me to be online in quite some time. I really hope my regulars and everyone else can forgive me. I assure you it was not of my own doing and I have missed you all something terrible.

October 5th 2005: Dreamcatchers Charity opens!

**These figures do not include prize money from events

Eloquent Elder

User ImageUser Image

User Image
~Name~ Alura19
~Birthday~ September 1
~Favorite Authors~ Stephen King, Sara Douglass, and all the great philosophers.
~Favorite Anime~ Yu Yu Hakusho, Witch Hunter Robin, Fushigi Yugi... etc.
~Life's Ambition~ To find a potato that looks like Jesus and sell it on ebay.
~Other~ I enjoy randomness, isolation chambers, and running over small children in my free time.

Eloquent Elder

User ImageUser Image

~These are the wonderful people who have dedicated their time and money into helping others achieve their dreams and keeping this charity alive.

User ImageDonators:
1.-26.
Earlier Donations
60. Uvin- 30k heart heart
61. pOiSoN rAiNbOw KiSsEs- 3k + items
62. Mythea- raised 244k in GSN Event heart heart
63. Otakkun- 20k :heart
64. Minathea- Jack'd 2k7 Set and 2 Olympic Trophies heart heart
65. Unknown Benefactor- Winged Anklets eek heart eek
66. Annira- Kiki Kitty, Lovely Petals, Angelic lace, Chyaku Norisu Scarf, Future Lady Soldier Gari User Image
67. Anonymous- Divided Stars (I love you)
68. BeckaBaka- 500k + a lot of items heart heart

User Image Regulars:
1. Annira
2. Ember Ignite
3. Intimate Rain
4. Hiriyou
5. linkismyhero
6. Kairisesshy
7. Shivelamouse
8. Otakkun
9. Creiaei
10. mmariep2
11. Forgotten1
12. Sleeb
13. Draugma < I'm sorry crying

Eloquent Elder

User Image User Image
Ally's Full and Uncensored Inventory

Beginning Date: Open
Ending Date: September 1st
What to expect: This event is meant to give Gaian's a chance at that expensive item they've always wanted, or help to boost the quest of a particularly ambitious dream. A lot of my inventory, will be sold or donated. Most of the commons and event items will sell to generate a hefty pot of gold. Please do not feel like you need to ask for one of the items in my inventory. Many current Cash Shop Items will be given as I have a surplus of Gaia Cash to spend. That list is there just to give you an idea of what might be given away in addition to gold. Please be honest with your requests, that's all I ask. There is no set limit to the amount of gold or the price of the items to be given out, nor is there a limit to the number of people that will receive. It's all about giving to the deserving, period.

Note: Regular Donations and Adoptions will be suspended for the duration of the Giveaway. If you've been donated to or adopted you are still eligible for the giveaway. This giveaway is closed to no one. I promise not to miss your form. Everyone is carefully recorded with their wish and page number. I will also do my best to make sure everyone gets something, even if it's not what they asked for. Expect updates on Tuesdays, I'll quote every form that was sent in and send out some giveaway items. If you don't get anything that Tuesday it means either I'm considering you for something bigger, or you haven't posted at all since your form.

Things to be Donated (or sold)
This is not a full list, and it obviously excludes gold, but it's some of the funner items I have to give.
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Things We Like, a.k.a Brownie Points:
These are not requirements to enter, they are simply nice things you can do if you so choose.
1. Advertise (posting in the thread, adding our banner, telling your friends**, and just participating)
2. Making Banners (I suck at it, so if anyone else wants to have a go...)
3. Avi Art
4. Posting in the thread (We can't stress how much this is appreciated)
5. Being nice

Open!

[color=darkgreen]
Username:
Gaia Join Date:
The one item you are wishing for:
Fun things you'd like us to know:
[/color]

Eloquent Elder

User Image User Image

User Image Adopt a Kiki User Image
So I do have one special item to be donated. A sweet and adorable Kiki Kitty, but like real kitties, this one needs a loving home. Well I decided that the best way to find such a home was to have a kitty naming contest. That's it! All you have to do is pick the perfect name and the kitty will be yours. Please limit one entry per Gaian. This contest will last the duration of the giveaway with winner determined on the last day. Must be active in the thread at least three days to participate.

Open!

[color=darkgreen]Your Username:
Your Kiki Kitty Name:[/color]

Entries:
Your Username:0c o
Your Kiki Kitty Name: Beyoncé

Your Username: The_Fallen_Soul1998
Your Kiki Kitty Name: Crystal.

Your Username: IX Red Panda XI
Your Kiki Kitty Name:...hm id name him... BonBon OuO;

Your Username: Draugma
Your Kiki Kitty Name: Benjamin. o uo;

Your Username: Vampireluver123
Your Kiki Kitty Name: Caliope

Your Username: AylaniOpal
Your Kiki Kitty Name:Cherrie

Your Username: Vickyvmp3
Your Kiki Kitty Name: Artemis

Your Username: Velomia
Your Kiki Kitty Name: Chupaloop

Catch a Falling Star
A fairly easy game where all you have to do is quote the post that has a star dust bottle located in it. There are 16 in all and each one is unique and corresponds to a particular item. Be the first to quote it and win the item. I can't say when they'll be posted, but I'll try for different times of the day to be fair to international Gaians or those that just have wonky sleep schedules (like me). You may only win this game once, so choose your bottle carefully! Must be active in the thread for at least three days to participate.

Winners

Zenistar won a Nightmare Sash
Draugma won a Raging Night Jewel
xxloliipOpxx won a Song of Amour
Vampireluver123 won a Crimson Promise

Example of Star Dust Bottle (please don't quote this one)
User Image

Eloquent Elder

User ImageUser Image

~Live them, Love them, Obey them.~

Thread Rules
- Please follow the ToS.
- Do Not Pm me for any reason other than specified contest entries.
- Do not beg for gold or items.
- Do not quote any of these posts for any reason.
- Absolutely no advertising in my thread without my explicit permission.
- Please try to keep the quoting to a maximum of 3.
- Do not stretch my pages, it makes them constipated.
- Grammar and spelling are your friends since I need to be able to read your post
- If you do not read these rules and/or ignore my rules I will probably ignore your posts all together, just as if you where a small dust mite floating around the thread.
-Please do not steal my thread layouts (yes it's here because it has happened)

Donation Eligibility
- Please fill out the form in the following post.
- Must have a quest thread more than a week old.
- Donations will be sent out once a week.
- Please do not inquire about the status of your donation, if it's declined a letter will be posted, otherwise it's processing.
- Do not complain because you where dissatisfied with your donated amount or did not receive a donation.
- I donate to questors, not charities. Owners and Co-owners need not apply, you will be turned down.
- It does not need to be an item quest (Breedable pets, avi art, etc. are all acceptable)
- Prove that you have read and understand the rules by placing 'Donation Request' in 'Orange' above your form.
- If your application was declined you may resubmit in two weeks time, unless otherwise stated.
(I reserve the right to modify any rules or policies as I see fit and without notice.)
(I do not have to donate to you!)

Eloquent Elder

User Image

~Break any thread rules and I will imprison you here and all posts following your banishment will be deleted.~

101. Elegant Destruction: For killing the shoutbox just by looking at it! (We really love her)

Eloquent Elder

User ImageUser Image

~If you would like to be considered for a donation, please read the entire page before filling out the form and posting it in the thread.~

CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO GIVEAWAY EVENT

Single-Time Donation Form

Username:
Favorite book:
Your happiest memory:
What country do you live in:
The item you are questing for:
How much gold you have saved:
How much the item costs:
Working! link to your quest thread:

Adoption Form

What is your favorite part of Gaia:
How do you spend most of your time here:
Who is the nicest person you've met and why:
So you're stranded on a desert island and...?
How many charities have you applied to:
Anything you'd like us to know:

~Please Sign the Guest Book~
To sign just click the box below and then type your name and message. We like to know what you think, even if you're just passing through.

User Image

Eloquent Elder

User ImageUser Image
~An extended Donation System for Dedicated Questors~

About Adoption
This is a special program for those Gaians that need and deserve something extra. An adoptee will recieve weekly donations of at least 20K in gold or items depending on the charities funds. The total amount donated will vary but will not exceeded 1 million. Donatees will be kept on until their quest is completed, or the maximum amount has been reached.

What we look for in Adoptees
Those who will be considered for adoption must display a dedication, not only to their quest, but to getting the most out of Gaia. Yes pixels are shiny and pretty, but they are not the most important thing. Adoptees must also show an active interest in the charity by posting in the thread and/or participating in our numerous contests.

Adoption Rules
-You must be active in the thread for at least one week prior to applying for adoption-
-You must have been an active member of Gaia for at least two months-
-The item you are questing must be over 15K-
-You must meet all other donation requirements as explained in the rules post-
-You must post a Single-Time Donation Form in the same post as your adoption form-
-You must stay active in the charity thread on a regular basis-
-Do not apply if there is not a free spot-
-You may only apply once for adoption-
-You must be actively working towards your quest-

Adoption Spots
1. OPEN
2. OPEN
3. OPEN

Completed Adoptions
Ember Ignite- 155k
The Malfoy Mistress- 400k
Quel Dommage- 100k
Hiriyou- 101k
Otakkun- 28.5k
Creiaei- 60k
Am_I_God- 106.5k

Eloquent Elder

User Image

~A list of those assisted by this charity and the gold and/or items they received.~

Donatees 1 to 89
Donatees 90 to 200
201. mmariep2- bouncy antenna + holly jolly earmuffs
202. ellisam- gift of the goddess
203. Quel Dommage- Coco kitty
204. Gin_Kaze- 28k
205. Ganymede Mj- Benny the Puppy
206. Badeye- 30k
207. lifre- wedding doves
208. LauraBrokenInside- 15k
209. Nicoledm- 4k
210. mimi1708- 4k
211. Miss Jenny Vane- 1500 tickets
212. Kusari Mitsukai- 4k
213. hermione_watson1- 15k
214. Ganymede Mj- 30k
215. xxloliipOpxx- 15k
216. Remoria- 5k
217. nicolas-giovanni- 10k
218. Tainted Dessert- 14k
219. onecoolc- 3k
220. Elenyae- 3k
221. Renee the Rabid Squirrel- 3k
222. Uvin- 27k (to final finish his angelic scarf quest!)
223. whispering_x_demon- 4k
224. -=Naida_ Nymph=- 10k
225. Jessk- 10k
226. Am_I_God- 106.5k
227. Quick_Star_blossom- 10k
228. Leihya_Tearfall- 10k
229. Ray Valentine- 3k
230. Mighty chicken lady- 5k
231. -RazzberryWerewolfPoet- 20k
232. Queen_Rini- 5k
233. Spirit of Adventure- 10k
234. OtherWorldShukumei- 15k
235. Forgotten1- 12k
236. Mmariep2- 63k
237. Mothie- 100k
238. Am_I_God- 70k
239. Uvin- 12k
240. xxloliipOpxx- 100k
241. KyogreGirl- 9k
242. Am_I_God- 41 inks + 10k
243. Lady_Dean1690- 15k
244. Ember Ignite- 30k
245. Intimate Rain- 15k + 3 fish baits
246. Onsin- 25k
247. maddyj1995- 22k
248. Arisa~Blade- 30k
249. LookAtKimberlyJoy - 30k
250. The_Fallen_Soul1998- 35k
251. Nady-Chan- 15k
252. Rhea Valente- 100k
253. Draugma- 140k
254. Yuvreenroks- Keiko's Cake
255. [Detective Usagi E Tsuki]- 1 million
256. TheYellowUmbrella143- Heavenly Drapes
257. Miss Cider- Monarch Gown
258. Lunar Kyra-hime- Holy Gauntlets
259. Anonymous- Wonderland
260. Ghetto Onigiri- May 2012 Letter

User Image

~Next Donation Date: Suspended for Giveaway Event~

Eloquent Elder

User ImageUser Image

Charity Awards

User Image
Thank you so much Silver.Starz heart whee heart

User Image
Thank you LoveDoc! Hopefully the charity will live up to this honor.

Eloquent Elder

User ImageUser Image

Links to the Charity:

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/dreamcatchers-charity-giveaway-event-win-a-kiki/t.13413887/][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Alura19/Banner Contest/Evelin333.png[/img][/url]

Links to Other Charities & Affiliates:

User Image

[User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Eloquent Elder

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces