Total Votes:[ 38 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37 38 39 > >>

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
This banner was made by Full_Metal_Jackie. Please do not steal or claim as your own work.
Prologue

Two centuries ago, in the elegant town of Durem lived a famous yet humble toy maker by the name of Adam Lockwood. He made his home near the edge of town where he lived with his loving wife, Lacey. She was the most beautiful woman he'd ever laid his eyes on with her long golden hair, fair skin, and sparkling sea blue eyes. When the time came, the couple was blessed with a beautiful daughter, Lucie. The strain of childbirth was too much for Lacey to bare and her life slipped away as their new born baby slept into her father's arms.
Lockwood then devoted his life to his sweet daughter, whom he loved with all his heart. Lucie was his whole world and his inspiration for his work. A day didn't pass where she wasn't seen with a smile on her face. Unknown to them, fate would strike the forsaken Lockwood family once again. One night, little 8 year old Lucie laid in bed, suffering from a intense fever and was as pale as a sheet. Lockwood called the town doctor in hopes of finding a cure for his daughter's illness. The doctor diagnosed little Lucie with scarlet fever. Devastated, Lockwood hoped and prayed by her bedside that his little girl would recover.
With his last glimmer hope, Lockwood retreated to his workshop and began to make a series of dolls for Lucie as a present for when she got better. Days went on and Lucie's condition began to worsen. She passed away before he could complete his work. Devastate Lockwood locked himself away and soon was diagnosed with tuberculosis. From then on, Lockwood devoted his life to completing the dolls he had been making for Lucie as final tribute to her. He closed his toy stores and stayed at his home, working day after day to complete his master piece. During his final days Lockwood began to dabble in the occult, desperately hoping to bring back his lost daughter. His attempts of resurrecting her failed. Instead, the collection of dolls he created with the love he had for child had become enchanted. Each doll was given a soul and they saw Lockwood, their creator, to be their father. He saw his daughter in each of them and grew to love them until the day he died.
Sometime after his death, the dolls were found and sold in auction separately as Adam Lockwood's final master piece to many wealthy families. This is where our tale of Lucie's Doll Collection begins and where many lives will end...

Hello everyone! Welcome to my quest thread!
I am hoping to collect 7 of each Lucie. For every donation I get I'll update a story that explains the origins of the Lucie dolls. Along with updating, I will also be providing thank you sketches of your avatar for donating.
I am questing for:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Home l Story Update l Rules l About Me/Signature l Donation Perks l List of Contributors l Quest Progress l Past Updates

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
Story Update:
Please subscribe to keep up with updates 3nodding

August 20, 2014

Chapter 3
Wilting Rose
As a new warm day approached, the nightmare continues for Abbey and Bethany as they sit in the police station.
Little Bethany looks up, confused, at her 17 year old sister whimpering in fear like a hurt pup fearing for it's life as they wait to speak with an officer. She tugs on Abbey's night shirt. "Abwey. Abwey. What's the matter? Where's mama and papa?"
Abbey stares blankly at the wall in silence, unsure of what to tell her little sister. Unsure of what even happened at all.
A woman officer walks up to Abbey with kind smile "Hello girls, I'm Detective Skylark. I'm going to need you to please tell me what happened."
Abbey looks at the middle aged officer with caramel brown hair and emerald eyes "I... I don't fully know... I heard my younger sister, Kiki, scream and I ran to check on her. She was suppose to be sleeping in the living room, but she was covered in blood when I walked in. This has to be the same person who wrecked her bedroom the night before." She's in a panic but tries to stay as calm as she can for Bethany.
Detective Skylark frowns "Did you hear someone come in?"
Abbey shakes her head "No, the doors and windows were locked. Our dad checked every one before going to bed." She rings her hands together, nervously.
"Do you have any family in the area we can call for you to stay with?" The detective's face fills with concern as she looks upon the girls.
Abbey looks down at Bethany "We could probably stay with our grandparents. They live in town."
Bethany tugs on her sister once again "What about mama and papa?"
Abbey stays silent and writes down their grandparents' number for the detective.
Later...
The detectives and officers search the house for any evidence towards the murderer. Detective Skylark notices the beautiful doll drenched in blood where Kiki had once laid. Her beautiful rose colored locks stained with crimson blood, the doll is taken by the detective as evidence.
The corpses of the poor family are transported to the morgue once pictures have been taken of the crime scene and prints have been dusted. The pink haired doll, left alone with the evidence, waits patiently.
As the police department continues to go over the case, the facts become thinner, Unsure of what to think, Detective Skylark goes to look at the doll I"If only we could see what you saw" She thinks to herself ad sighs. The doll's big eyes glisten as they look into the detective's, secretly plotting once again.
Later...
After hours of work with no result, the detectives decide to look over the evidence once again.They head to the evidence room only to find it in shambles. All evidence that could possibly help them was destroyed.
Detective Skylark looks at the scene, dumbfounded, when she suddenly notices the rosey haired doll has vanished. A window had been open and the cold winter night air blew softly as little snow crystals danced in air.
Into the night, the beautiful Rose disappears, only for the white snow to take over.

Home l Story Update l Rules l About Me/Signature l Donation Perks l List of Contributors l Quest Progress l Past Updates

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
Rules:
~ Please do NOT be rude
~ Please be patient with me
~ Follow the Gaia Rules and ToS
~ I am perfectly fine with bumpers, but I do prefer comments with actual content, advice, and conversations
~ I welcome PMs on important questions, though I would prefer them in the thread

Art Rules:
~ Please be patient with me since I do have things to do in RL that I must attend to first
~ You may not steal my art and/or claim it as your own (Please be a decent person and do not do this)
~ You may not edit or change my art in any way - that being said there are a few circumstances which I will allow, such as re-sizing for signature uses or banners, etc.
~ You must contact me if you are planning to edit my art in these ways
~ You must confirm and complete the trade before you receive your art
~ We will discuss avatar art in private message, I will ask you to confirm which outfit you want your avatar to be drawn in before I start working on any art
~ Characters and avatar designs belong to Gaia, original artwork created for this quest and all donators belongs to me
~ If you use my artwork elsewhere on Gaia or on another social media site please credit me and link back

Story Rules:
~ Same as with the art, please be patient with me for updates
~ Same with the art, please be a decent person and do not steal my story. This storyline was created by me.
~If you are chosen as a guest appearance in a story update, we will discuss your character in a private message including: name, appearance, personality, and a few examples of how you character would speak

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
About me:
Let's see... Where do I start?
You can call Raven or simply Mystica wink
I'm a 19 years old college student blaugh
I've been a Gaia user since my freshman year of high school
My hobbies are:
~ Art
~ Writing
I like gothic, lolita, steampunk, and Victorian styles. whee I'm a big fan of anime and manga. I'm also a bit of a mythology geek. 3nodding I love Marvel Comics.

Why Lucies:
I fell in love with the Lucie items after my best friend had shown them to me. heart They're were the perfect mix of cuteness and horror. 4laugh I grew up with porcelain dolls, so I have a bit of a fascination with them. I just love their cute little lolita style dresses. Once I saw them, I knew I had to collect them. whee

Signature:
User Image

If you'd like to link my thread with this as banner you can just copy and paste this code

[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/dolls-of-mystery-the-lucie-collection-quest-thread/t.93066883/][IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt274/fulmetaljackie/Mysticas Questing Thread Materials/Salinas-Thread-Signature-11.gif[/IMG][/URL]

This banner was made by Full_Metal_Jackie. Please do not claim as your own work.

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
Donation Perks:
As a thank you to everyone who donates, these are the prizes you shall receive.

For 75-175 million: Chibi Sketch: (Click to View)
User Image

For 175-250 million: Sketch: (Click to view)
User Image

For 250-500 million : Colored Sketch: (Click to view)
User Image

For 500+ million or a Lucie: You character guest stars in the story AND a colored sketch

~To see my completed previous commissions as examples, please visit my Journal~
~Link to My Journal for More Examples~

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
List of Contributors heart :
Thank you so much everyone! 4laugh
heart Full_Metal_Jackie
heart Cherubic Gummy Bear
heart Traffi The Traffic Cone
heart Shazel_Fable
heart KpopKatey
heart Ebony Harlequin
heart Tsukaene

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
Quest Progress!:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image 8/8 DONE! heart

User ImageUser Image 2/8

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image 8/8 DONE! heart

User ImageUser Image 2/8

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image 7/8

User Image 1/8

User ImageUser ImageUser Image 3/8

User Image 1/8

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
Past Updates:

July 12, 2014

Chapter 1
Rose
Modern Day...
Christmas Eve night and a joyful family gathers around the fireplace to engage is holiday cheer. With hot cocoa in hand, a young girl with short pink hair sits next to her older sister as they begin to exchange presents.
The older sister hands a present wrapped with white paper with pink little flowers to her younger sister "Merry Christmas, Kiki."
Kiki begins to glow with joy as she takes the gift "Thank you, Abbey!" she quickly unwraps it to reveal a brown case. She unlatched the lock and sees a gorgeous porcelain doll with rosie pink hair. Carefully, Kiki removes the doll from it's case. "Oh my! She's so cute!" she giggles as she looks at the doll in awe.
Abbey "Glad you like it." she grins and steals Kiki's hot cocoa while she's distracted with the doll.
Once presents are exchanged, stories been told, and laughs been let free, their mother stands with her toddler in hand. "Alright, now clean up the mess before going to bed." The toddler yawns and she holds on to her mother. "I'm going tuck Bethany in."
Kiki jumps up happily "Okay!" She leaves the doll on the floor next to her case before going to the kitchen to grab a trash bag for the scrapped wrapping paper.
While Kiki cleans up the paper, Abbey picks up the coffee mugs of cocoa to put in the sink when she suddenly gets a text. She looks over at her younger sister after putting the mugs down. "Kiki, can you do the dishes?"
Kiki looks up and smiles "Um, okay."
Abbey disappears to her room to text her friend leaving Kiki alone to clean up the mess. Her parents have gone to bed as well. As she puts the trash out and begins to clean the remaining dishes, Kiki starts to hum.
Alone in the dim house during the witching hour, a pair of eyes watches young Kiki carefully. A chill runs through her spine and she looks around only to see the doll sitting by the case just as she left her. The cold wind howls, blowing tiny crystals of snow through a cracked open window.
Kiki shivers "It's freezing." She walks over and shuts the window, still feeling a chill. Those mysterious eyes haven't removed their gaze; every move she makes, they follow. Once done with her chores, Kiki yawns as she walks back to the beautiful doll and picks her up. "Time for bed." She puts the doll carefully back in it's case before retiring to her room and cuddling into her bed only to fall fast asleep.
As Kiki dreams of sugar plums and Christmas treats, mischievous eyes watch her once again. The world falls silent a tiny feet make their way to her bed, standing over her. Little hands stroke her hair, the moon illuminating those crystal orbs that gaze upon her. A dark grin stretches on her admirer's face, gripping something in the dark. The object glistens, revealing a silver blade and dark intent. The small figure snickers."It's time to play."

July 25, 2014

Chapter 2
The Rose's Thorns
Next morning...
Kiki wakes up in her bed to the warmth of the winter sun, yawning as she stretches and kicks the blankets off her body. She rubs her eyes as she sits up. Her eyes suddenly widen when her vision focuses upon the room. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" She screams at the top of her lungs.
Her father runs in, breathing heavily. "What?! What's the matter?!" He looks at the room and is jawdrop.
Her older and little sister as standing behind him, just as dumbfounded.
Kiki's room is in total disarray; teddy bears decapitated and quartered, stuffing scattered across the room. The wall across from Kiki has the words "Let's play" carved into its powder pink paint.
Kiki's body shakes from fear as she looks at her father and siblings "D-daddy... Uh, what's going on? W-who would do this?"
Her father pulls her out of the room swiftly and hugs her "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"
Kiki shakes her head "I'm fine, but, um, what's going on? Who would do this?" Tears form in her eyes.
Her father looks back at the room "I don't know." He looks at his oldest daughter, Abbey. "Take your sisters into the living room. I'm calling the police."
gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_crown gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_nitemareright
The police come over to the house and question the girls along with taking photos of the crime scene.
In distraught, Kiki looks over towards her bedroom to see the porcelain doll on the shelf, staring right at her, unharmed. A cold shiver runs down her spine. "What's going on? Why is this happening?" She can't help but think to herself.
The police conclude there was no force entry and they found a kitchen knife under Kiki's bed. The police questioned Kiki and her parents of the possibility of someone in their house had committed the deed.
Their father jumps up in anger "Are you suggesting one of my daughters did this?!?!"
The police officer and his wife try to calm him down. "Please sir, sit down. We just have to explore the options."
Kiki "I, uh, I was asleep the whole. I didn't hear a thing."
Her father growls "No one in family would do such a thing."
After investigating the house, the police leave and the family attempts to go on with their lives. Kiki, on the other hand, is unable to shake that spooked feeling she has.
gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_crown gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_nitemareright
That night...
Kiki sleeps in the living room, terrified to return to her room. As the witching hour approaches, she can hear the tick tick ticking of the clocks in the dead silence. Every breath she takes is loudest as she stares blankly at the base of the Christmas tree.
"CREEEEEEEEEK!!!"
Kiki freezes where she lies, her eyes shifting towards the source of the noise. The door to her bedroom is open and a tiny shadowed figure is standing at the doorway. The figure walks away towards Kiki's parents bedroom. Terrified, Kiki just sits in the silence, the cold wind howling wildly into the night.
In her parents' room, the shadowed figure creeps up onto the bed. The father moans in his sleep. The figure stands over him, silver blade in hand. It grins and chuckles a bit before lifting it's arm, the silver moon illuminating the knife in its hand. Swiftly, the blade comes down slicing into the father's flash, blood splattering onto his wife's face.
Confused and tired, the wife touches her cheek, slowly opening her eyes to find the porcelain doll standing over her husband, covered in crimson blood. Before she can let out a scream, the doll slits her throat as well. Blood paints the walls and soaks the bed as the doll leaves the room.
Once returning to the living room, Kiki can hear the little patter patter footstep of the rose haired porcelain beauty. Blood drips from the silver blade, her little dress soaked in the blood of her victims. She makes her way to Kiki, that sinister grin pasted across her face.
The porcelain doll looks into Kiki's bright blue eyes "Are you ready play?" she chuckles.
Kiki shakes in fear, speechless.
The porcelain doll takes her silver blade and slashes towards Kiki who jumps back in fear. She lets out a scream, terrified for her life.
The doll shakes head "Tsk tsk tsk. You shouldn't have done that." she sings. The doll pulls Kiki's hair and starts stabbing her violently. Kiki's blood splatters every where as she let's out a desperate scream for help.
Abbey hears the cries and immediately runs to check on her sister. She sees the blood soaked doll siting by her sister's lifeless body. Terrified, she runs to little Bethany's room and calls the police.
Abbey speaks with an officer "Someone help. My sister was just killed. Someone's in the house. Please oh God please help us." She says with tears in her eyes. After giving the police the information, she takes little Bethany and climbs out the window, running for their lives to safety. "Oh God! Kiki! No! Oh my God! Someone! Anyone! Help!"

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100

Lonely Spirit

18,940 Points