Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Reality Fallacy

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
K76
Lucky you. You have more time to relax. Our Christmas break is definitely shorter but as you said, we do have more breaks during the school year. Also, I have 4 and a half months summer break. Die Grundschulen und Hochschulen haben zwei Monaten.
berath
Oh? Our classes started on the same day! How does your schedule look? Not too heavy, I hope. Mine's insane...
Emo Punk Mistress
I guess. :I
Watervoir
Boo!

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Uwah~! You scared me! D:

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Watervoir
Uwah~! You scared me! D:
lol. <3

Familiar Phantom

So whoever wants those new achievements has to come play heralds of chaos with me twisted

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Anybody wanna save my life? Help me anazlyse this stinkin' poem for my German Literature Course! I got the translation down, but I don't get what I'm meant to interpret from this. Is the woman a prostitute? Are the two sections alternate outcomes of a date?

GABRIELE WOHMANN: IMITATION (1987)
A
Sie betraten die Bar, und sanft leitete er sie an einen intimen Nischentisch. Seine Augen waren zärtlich und roh, besitzergreifend. Sie atmete schwer, im glänzenden Blick lagen Unsicherheit und Hoffnung.
-- You are terribly sweet, sagte er leise.
Sie schüttelte den Kopf, lächelte. Er beteuerte es ihr, umschloss mit einer Hand ihre gefalteten kleinen Finger, fragte, ob sie tanzen wolle.
Sie tanzten, dicht aneinandergedrängt und immer noch zu weit voneinander entfernt. Schwere, süße Betäubung. Die Musik, sein Atem, ihr Parfüm, Augen, Hände, Wärme. Ein Rausch.
Er verging nicht. Im Taxi brachte er sie nach Haus. Sie wohnte allein. Darf ich? O nein. Nur eine Tasse Kaffee. Bitte!
Er durfte. Zärtlicher großer Mann, seine erregende, wunderbare Liebe. Herzklopfen, sanft, sanft kam er zu ihr, ein paar Tränen, die nur die Augen füllten und nicht die Wangen hinunterliefen, ihre Hingabe, dem Zuschauer versprochen in der Glut eines Augenaufschlags, in der Verschmelzung ihrer Lippen.

B
-- Noch was trinken?
-- Ja, wär’ nicht schlecht.
Sie betraten die Bar, und missmutig bahnte er sich einen Weg durch die Tische, fand keinen guten Platz. Sie hinter ihm her.
Unsympathische muss er wirken mit seinem finsteren Gesicht, den unvergnügten Lippen.
Er bestellte das billigste Getränk, fand es immer noch zu teuer.
-- Hübscher Film, sagte sie.
-- Na, reichlich d**k aufgetragen, brummte er.
-- Was willst du, Kitsch ist’s immer.
Beleidigt saß sie, betrachtete mit geringschätziger Wehmut die Tanzpaare.
-- Blöd, bei der Hitze zu tanzen, sagte sie traurig.
Er sah auf, fixierte die aparte kleine Mulattin, schlank und drahtig und halb nackt in den Armen ihres Partners.
-- Kommt drauf an, sagte er.
Schwere, bittere Enttäuschung. Die Musik, sein festgenagelter Blick, dass man nicht geliebt wurde, dass man nicht liebte. Hitze. Eine schwache leise bohrende
Qual. Sie verging nicht. Verstimmt tappten sie durch die dunklen Straßen.

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
K76
So whoever wants those new achievements has to come play heralds of chaos with me twisted
I have never played that game, but I just might take up that offer one of these days. I need a distraction from all this work. DX

Familiar Phantom

Terrowva
K76
I have never played that game, but I just might take up that offer one of these days. I need a distraction from all this work. DX

I'm quitting and converting all of my essence to gold because I'm mad about how hard it is to get rare cards xD But I'll still play sometime if you want. Schoolwork?

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
K76
Aww. XD I figured there was some sort of catch, which is why I didn't start in the first place. I remember how wicked easy zOMG was when it was first introduced. Same thing with Gaia Aquariums. They always have to make it considerably harder for us to succeed in these games!

Yeah, this story is homework. I only had one and a half days to try to translate the thing myself, analyze it, and write a response again in German. I know it's not long, but I'm really struggling in German and it's not like I don't have any other work. My teacher's really inconsiderate. He posts the assignment a week late yet still forces us to complete it on time without hopes of an extension.

Familiar Phantom

Terrowva
K76
Aww. XD I figured there was some sort of catch, which is why I didn't start in the first place. I remember how wicked easy zOMG was when it was first introduced. Same thing with Gaia Aquariums. They always have to make it considerably harder for us to succeed in these games!

Yeah, this story is homework. I only had one and a half days to try to translate the thing myself, analyze it, and write a response again in German. I know it's not long, but I'm really struggling in German and it's not like I don't have any other work. My teacher's really inconsiderate. He posts the assignment a week late yet still forces us to complete it on time without hopes of an extension.

Yeah I never really got into zOMG but HoC is actually pretty fun as a game. But I blew 300k worth on card packs and didn't get any good cards so I'm just pulling out the rest of my money before they nerf the exchange rate xD But I can only pull out 50k per day.

If you need any help on the homework just ask 3nodding

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
K76
Yeah I never really got into zOMG but HoC is actually pretty fun as a game. But I blew 300k worth on card packs and didn't get any good cards so I'm just pulling out the rest of my money before they nerf the exchange rate xD But I can only pull out 50k per day.

If you need any help on the homework just ask 3nodding
Wow. You could get a really cool item out of that. Better just to spend it on good items rather than cards. lol. Good luck. XP

Some help would be nice. Mind just giving me a brief interpretation of that story I posted?

Familiar Phantom

Wooo always read steamy stuff in German class?

They entered the bar and he gently led her to an intimate table in a niche. His eyes were tender and raw, possessive. She breathed deeply, in her shining gaze were insecurity and hope.

"You are terribly sweet" he said softly

She shook her head, smiled. He reassured her, enclosed her folded little fingers with his hand and asked if she wanted to dance.

They danced, pressed onto each other but still always too far apart. Heavy, sweet numbness. The music, his breath, her perfume, eyes, hands, warmth. An ecstacy that didn't leave. He brought her home by taxi. She lived alone. May I? Aw hell naw. Just a cup of coffee, please!

He was allowed to. A tender, huge man, his exciting, wonderful love. Heartbeats, gently, gently, he came to her, a pair of tears, that just filled his eyes and didn't run down his cheeks, her devotion, promised to him in the embers of an eyeblink, in her pressed lips.

Wanna drink something else?
Yeah that wouldn't be bad.

They entered the bar and he angrily made his way through the tables, but couldn't find a good spot. She walked behind him.

He must have looked unlikable with his dark face and dissatisfied lips. He ordered the cheapest drink, but still thought it was too expensive.

Good film, she said
Whatever, too drawn-out, he grumbled
What is it you want? It's always trash.
She sat there insulted and watched dancing couples with contempt and sadness
It's stupid to dance in the heat, she said

He looked up, stared at the striking mulatto woman, thin and wiry and half naked in the arms of her parner.

Depends, he said

Heavy, bitter disappointment. The music, his piercing gaze, that one wasn't loved, didn't love [was heavy disappointment]. Heat. A week, quiet, drilling suffering that didn't go away. Angrily they felt their way through the dark streets.

So basically two really different experiences in the same place.

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
K76
Holy sh*t. Marry me. You have no idea how I've suffered, trying to translate that thing. Took me a while to figure that the two were comparisons rather than a continuous story, but I couldn't even compare them. My translation was so rough and the google translate was even worse! My God, thank-you so much. You just don't understand how thankful I am, man.

And yeah, it seems that our prof only selects readings that have to do with coming of age, romance, predators, and everything sultry. >_> Last week was Little Red Ridinghood. I honestly didn't know there were so many underlying sexual themes until we discussed it in class.

Familiar Phantom

Geld ist nicht notwendig :O I made a mistake on one thing though and edited the post just fyi.

My creative writing teacher was kind of like that xD writing about love was like a guaranteed A

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Are you sure? You totally just saved my life. Haha! Thanks so much!

That's so weird! XD

Sexual_Ram's Waifu

Valiant Werewolf

Hola. ¿Comó estás?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items