Welcome to Gaia! ::

Garbage

CASSI'S BIG QUEST
User Image
adorable art of my terminally ill plushie by the fabulous Davus_Nolo_Incitare

Okay, I've been on Gaia since October 03. I started noticing and attending events in December 03, and donating in January 04. The concept of questing didn't hit me until March or April 04, and back then I considered the 40k Fairy Wings to be nigh impossible. As such, there are many items I never got my hands on. I am questing for these items for two reasons.

Personal - either I really want these items, or [in rare cases] I want them for somebody else. There are many items I regret not questing for when they were cheaper, and I will constantly be kicking myself for dropping the Letter I was almost done paying for when I got my free Angelic Minis. Some items listed as personal quests will be items I want to have on hand so that my friends won't have such a hard time finding a seller if they want those items. Most personal quests will be strictly for myself.

Status - I won't lie. I'm an elitist, an arrogant oldbie, and I want to lord my seniority over newer members sometimes! Go ahead, call me a bad person. I won't deny it. But these items will almost definitely wind up going to my friends some day, if they ever decide to quest for them once I get sick of seeing the damn things.

I am aware that the posts may be slightly out of order. Considering that the date is completely unrelated to the order I'll be questing in, I figured it shouldn't much affect the order of posts, either. It's really not that important. What matters is that the thread is nice and neat overall, so that people know what I want and why.

Garbage

RULES

No advertising your:
  • quest
  • Guild
  • bar/tavern/hotel
  • dream avi
  • other random crap

Leave yer damn "post style" at the door

No images over the sig limits

Obey the ******** ToS

Garbage

Table of Contents

• Save Shnooky-wuggly-umpkins!
  • Rules
  • Table of Contents
  • Current status
  • Slippers
  • Bear Hats
  • OMG/AFK
  • Headphones
  • NM Minis
  • DT/Sash
  • NM Scarf
  • Jack
  • G Corp
  • Paper Bags
  • Why I'm not questing for a Halo/Corsage

Garbage

Current status

622,225 platinum

Garbage

Slippers

User Image
Personal quest.
I like bunnies. I practically have a fetish for fuzzy footwear. Clearly, questing for Bunny Slippers is the only logical conclusion one can reach when presented with these two facts!

User Image
Status quest.
I've never really been a fan of Chicky items. While the Slippers are cute, they're no exception. I have a hard time incorporating yellow into my outfits. The Slippers are a big "omg oldbie/elite" item.

Garbage

BEAR HATS
These are the July 2003 items.

User Image
Personal quest.
This is a quest for the sake of others. I have no interest in owning the Grizzly hat, but would like to have it on hand to make things easier if a friend should ever decide they want one.

User Image
Personal quest.
Donated heart

Garbage

OMG/AFK
These are the November 2003 items.

User Image
Status quest.
Bought.

User Image
Personal quest.
Bought.

Garbage

8 - headphones

User Image
Status quest.
I'm sure I could make a good outfit with these, but I never seem to think of it when I'm actually on TekTek xd May change to a Personal quest if I ever do remember.

User Image
donated!

Garbage

NM Minis
This is a September 2003 item

User Image
Donated!

Garbage

Devil Tail and Angelic Sash
Questing

User Image
Personal Quest
DT looks gooooooood.

User Image
Acquired!

Garbage

NM scarf
This is a December 2003 item

User Image
Personal quest.
donated heart

Garbage

Jack items
These are Halloween 2003 items

User Image
bought

User Image
bought

User Image
bought

User Image
bought

User Image
bought

User Image
bought

User Image
bought

Garbage

G Corp items
These are Halloween plot event items

User Image
bought

User Image
bought

User Image
bought

Garbage

Paper Bags
Halloween 2003 limited store items

User Image
bought

Garbage

Why I'm not Questing for the Halo or Corsage

Y'all may have noticed that the Halo & Corsage aren't in here.

Now, why would somebody make a massive impossible 03 quest thread and not include the Halo? Do I already have one?! No. Then why not quest for it? I'll tell you why.

I ******** hate the Halo, that's why I'm not questing for one. Screw the status. I'm questing for more than enough status items already. The Halo is one of the ugliest items on Gaia, and it takes too much effort to come up with an outfit it looks good with.

I make frequent jokes about buying a Halo from my friends, yes. I have a Halo listed in the wishlist on my profile, yes. I also make it more than clear whenever I discuss it seriously that if I ever really had a Halo of my own, I'd turn around and sell it within minutes. I have friends I may borrow a Halo from, eventually. But I have no desire to actually own one and won't shed any tears if they decide not to loan it to me.

My reasons for not wanting the Corsage are a bit simpler. While it's prettier than the Halo, it's just an unreasonable wish for somebody who's already questing for so many other 03. I don't doubt that it will take me a few years to get all these items, and with every month that goes by, inflation and bans will make it harder to find them for sale at a price I can achieve. The Corsage is beautiful, but even I need to show some reason and restraint.

edit: 28 July 2015: I have been randomly donated the Corsage! 4laugh

edit: 15 November 2020: eh, if I ever wind up with a Halo, I may keep it after all

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff