28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
A Quest for Luck[y]
A dream quest for Lucky the Cat

Introduction
Hello and welcome to my quest! :3

Feel free to donate, though it is no way required. A bump would do just as nicely if you have a moment to do so.

If you'd care to know more, check out the next post.

Table of Contents
Post 1 - Introduction
Post 2 - Why Quest for Lucky?
Post 3 - Announcements
Post 4 - Rules
Post 5 - Completion Progress
Post 6 - Schedule
Post 7 - Donations
Post 8 - Banners and Links
Post 9 - Contests
Post 10 - Auctions
User Image

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Zelda the Cat
A likeness indeed

User ImageWhy Quest for Lucky?
I'm questing for Lucky because he looks similar to a cat I had named Zelda.
My mother had got both my brother and myself a cat for Easter in 2005. My brother never really cared much for pets, so both cats sort of became mine. Their names were Spike and Zelda. The main reason my mom had got us Spike and Zelda was because our first cat, Buddy, was getting fairly old and she didn't want us to be too sad if he died.

I had a real soft spot for Zelda; she would lay right next to me in my bed at night, wake me up in the morning to let me know that she was hungry, and many other wonderful things. She had such a soft meow and didn't care to be held much, that I didn't mind. As long at she didn't mind me curling up with her for awhile, I didn't mind one bit.

After a few years, it seemed really odd that she was still really skinny. I kept wondering if something was wrong with her, but my family just told me that she had a fast metabolism. She ate on and off again at various times on wet and dry cat food, but it always seemed like she was hungry.

In October of 2009, we had a few tests done on Zelda to see what was wrong. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with feline leukemia. From what I was told, it was staged too far for medication to do much help for her. On October 26, 2009, Zelda was put to sleep, as well as my cat Buddy. Not to stray off-topic, but Buddy had lived a long life, he was roughly 20 years old, but we could tell that things were getting harder for him to do and that he was in pain, so putting him to sleep seemed like the kindest thing to do.

It broke my heart to have lost two cats in one day. I was semi-prepared for the loss of Buddy, he had came pretty close a few times in the past to being gone, but I wasn't ready to lose Zelda. She was so lovable, a great listener, as well as a cat with a habit of wanting to try any food anyone else happened to be eating. Both Zelda and Buddy are missed.

When they both were put to sleep, I quested for the LOLcat - Monorail Cat halo in their memory and achieved that item shortly after. I was incredibly happy and thankful to those who helped. Now, I would like to quest for Lucky in memory of Zelda and her untimely passing.

When I seen Lucky the Cat released, I knew I would end up questing for it one day...I just wasn't sure when. This is mostly due to the price of said item, that being at least 40 million gold, if not more.
User Image

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Announcements and Updates
What's been going on

User ImageAnnouncements
Monday, May 24th, 2010 - A Quest for Luck[y] thread opened
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Contest & Auction added (See post 9 & 10)
Monday, May 28th, 2010 - Birthday contest added
Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 - Reached 1 million gold for my quest!
Monday, August 2nd, 2010 - Updating contests and auctions
Friday, December 24th, 2010 - Went through inventory and added more items for quest to be sold/traded for, editing contests, auctions canceled due to no bids.
Tuesday, June 14th, 2011 - Bad news; One of my cats, Lynx, had to get put down today. She had mange really bad and the vets didn't want to treat her, mostly because it was expensive. I hope she's in a better place >:
Friday, November 11th, 2011 - Haven't been on Gaia much over the past few months, but I'm making a comeback. I hope to start up some new contests soon and clear some of my inventory to make funds. c:
Monday, April 30th, 2012 - The thread is getting a bit of a revamp, since I feel like it really needs it. Should be done before the week is over

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rules
These rules are not made to be broken

User ImageFollow These Rules:
- Follow all T.O.S.
- Do not quote anything on the first page.
- Please, do not advertise your own quests or ask for donations, unless it is in your signature.
- Please, do not page stretch.
- I would prefer if you were semi-literate when posting in here. That being said, please, no "chat speak" or "l33t" speak.
- Do not steal, take, or use any of the pictures or graphics in this thread. The pictures of Zelda are some I had snapped with my cellphone camera (Poor quality, I know D: ) and uploaded onto my deviantart account. If anyone takes or uses them without my permission you will be reported.

I may add more rules as I see fit.

Break any rules and you will be warned. If rule-breaking persists, you will be banned from the thread.

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Completion Progress
How far until my dream quest is complete

Progress
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This amount is given according to tektek.org, though the price will certainly vary.

Other items I have to sell/trade for Lucky;
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
From Beginning to End
When I hope to complete this quest

Schedule
Well, I was planning on waiting until after my birthday to start this quest, but I decided that I would put other quests aside and focus on this one. :3

I would really like to finish this quest around October 26th, 2010 or 2011, if possible. I'm more than willing to set it until late October 2011, but I hope if I work hard enough, I'll get Lucky a year after Zelda's passing.
User Image

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Donations
The kindness of others~

Donations
Snugglesome - 30k [My first donator for this quest! heart heart ]
krystalkat - 25k heart
Raceforlifek - various game and other items heart
PuzzBeef [formerly Hell-Hath-More-Fury] - 300k + 200k heart heart heart
Feevil - 2.5k heart
RadRedRecklessFanG - 15k heart
KandiiPanda - 3k heart
makiony - 100k heart heart
Wahya - 50k heart heart
Mrs Quark - 150k heart heart
akanekun - 200k heart heart
x- Sweet High - 100k heart heart
a frenzy of apathy - 100k heart heart
A really super awesome person who wishes to remain anonymous - 1 mil heart heart heart
S i c k W i t - 15k heart heart

heart Tippers heart
OtakuKat
catgame21234
D a F u k
solarssun
Dhez
Safire Waters
22andlucky
Strawberry Femme
crystanis
IIwizardeigesII
waiia

User Image

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Banners and Links
Spread the word~

Banners
Here is a simple banner I've made ^^;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/AQuestforLuck-y][img]http://tinyurl.com/2bnkdle[/img][/url]

- Links out -

Anyone is more than welcome to make banners or graphics for my quest. I would be honored!

The blinkies featured on the front page were made by Snugglesome at Snuggle's Blinkie Shoppe

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Fun & Games
Earn some prizes while you are here

Contests
The first person on page 100 will receive 7,000 gold! (The post cannot be a bump)

The first person to bump 100 250 times will receive 5,000 gold! [You must number your bumps and no skipping numbers!]
100 bumps won by Hotaru Imai - Invention
250 bumps won by... No one yet! Give it a try! biggrin

Generate a random number from 1 to 100. The first person to get a 13 as their result will receive a Babe the Welsh Corgi Won by Hotaru Imai - Invention

Roll 1 100-sided Die. The first person to roll a 88 will receive a Starmony! Won by D a F u k

Birthday event! - Roll 20 100-sided dice. The first person to roll a 1988 or 28 will win a Water Meat Set!

More items can be given out at random, just bump, talk, etc. and you might get something :3

exclaim Almost New Year's Event! - Roll 20 100-sided dice. The first person to roll a 11 or 800 will win a Gaia 7th Anniversary Lucky Envelope! No one won
User Image

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Auction
Earning my way through my quest, little by little

Items Up for Bid
Items here are items that are up for auction, meaning that all the proceeds from an item being sold go towards my quest or towards more contests. These items will have an allotted time in which they can be bid on. At the time an auction is up, the winner will be notified in a PM (So make sure to have those enabled if you do bid) and a trade will be sent shortly after.

More items will be added as item goes on, auctions ends, or when I have a chance to add more.

Forms will be provided for each item. If you'd like to make a bid, use the form that is given for the item you'd like to bid on. I ask this so that I don't miss your bid among other posts.

User Image
Lot #1:Mocha Lounge [set] (Both items on the avatar above are in this lot)
Starting Bid: 1k
Highest Bid: N/A
Auto-Buy: 20k
Auction Ends: Tuesday, August 31st, 2010
[size=18][b]I Would Like to Bid, Please! [color=#996600]Mocha Lounge Set[/b][/color]
Bidding Amount: [insert amount here][/size]

User Image
Lot #2: Kitty Slippers
Starting Bid: 15k
Highest Bid: N/A
Auto-Buy: 100k
Auction Ends: Tuesday, August 31st, 2010
[size=18][b]I Would Like to Bid, Please! [color=#6699CC]Kitty[/color] [color=#FF9933]Slippers[/color][/b][/color]
Bidding Amount: [insert amount here][/strike][/size]

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Shameless Grabber