Welcome to Gaia! ::

Captain Horsey
I've invested a lot money in DVDs, but they are already becoming obsolete. xp Technology is moving too fast for me.

Ugh, I just realized what time it was. Time for me to get back to work. gonk I really hate this time of year. Too many projects.

Same here...but I still buy VHS tapes because some movies I luff aren't out on DVD so it really doesn't matter if you have the player I guess

Aww...I don't have a job(too young for the Florida workforce)
If they make a movie out of the Odyssey, it'll probably end up like Troy. ninja I own that movie. XDD

I need another job. x.x;
I suppose I should clarify that when I said I had to get back to work, I meant I had to get back to homework. I'm currently a bum... er I mean full-time student.

I highly recommend not getting a job in food service. I held a job as a cashier/server/shift leader at a restaurant for a while and hated it.
Captain Horsey
I suppose I should clarify that when I said I had to get back to work, I meant I had to get back to homework. I'm currently a bum... er I mean full-time student.

I highly recommend not getting a job in food service. I held a job as a cashier/server/shift leader at a restaurant for a while and hated it.

I worked at the Zoo in the food industry last year since the working age in Indiana is fourteen...I hated it. I think I worked three days and I despised it. I had to work at a snowcone cart and it was hot and my hands got all sticky. It was not good times
Initially, the thought of working at a snow cone cart sounds like fun, but I can see how that would quickly become a pain. The syrup, the kids, the heat. Mmmm, snow cones. I haven't had a snow cone in years. Ugh, but they have no nutritious value whatsoever. xp
gonk I worked in food service for about a month. I was the slave of a pizza restaurant, but it only lasted a month because they didn't have enough hours for me. So I was able to get a seasonal retail job. Much nicer.
Captain Horsey
Initially, the thought of working at a snow cone cart sounds like fun, but I can see how that would quickly become a pain. The syrup, the kids, the heat. Mmmm, snow cones. I haven't had a snow cone in years. Ugh, but they have no nutritious value whatsoever. xp

Same here. I thought. Awesome! Snow cones! This is because I thought I'd be working in a nice air-conditioned booth that I worked in earlier that day which was just an average concession stand. However, the cart was out in the middle of the Plains(the name for the Savannah exhibit at the zoo with lions and rhinos and that lot) and I was with a surly woman and it was awful. The kids wanted so many different concoctions and complained when you did all three because the pumps sucked...and the heat! My god, the heat. It wasn't really hot, only eighty degrees farenheit but Indiana is famous for mind-crushing humidity. I swear, I working in a wet sponge...I'm so glad I moved states
Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. I've spent the night in Evansville, Indiana a couple times when driving to Kentucky, but that's about the extent of my exposure to that State.
Captain Horsey
Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. I've spent the night in Evansville, Indiana a couple times when driving to Kentucky, but that's about the extent of my exposure to that State.

Five years. I was stuck there for five years...although, I had awesome friends
Bleh. I've lived in Missouri most of my life, but spent the first 2 1/2 years of my life in upstate New York. All I remember about that is snow. Lots and lots of snow.
Captain Horsey
Bleh. I've lived in Missouri most of my life, but spent the first 2 1/2 years of my life in upstate New York. All I remember about that is snow. Lots and lots of snow.

I spent the first three and half years of my life in Connecticut. Then we moved to Florida for five years. Then Indiana and now Florida again...but now we're in central Florida and I am made fun of for being a 'Yank'...
xd I would have moved around a lot more except that my dad retired from the Air Force two years after I was born. My brothers lived in a whole bunch of wacky places, though, Guam being one of them.

People tend to make fun of me for being a "hillbilly."
Captain Horsey
xd I would have moved around a lot more except that my dad retired from the Air Force two years after I was born. My brothers lived in a whole bunch of wacky places, though, Guam being one of them.

People tend to make fun of me for being a "hillbilly."

Here, being a 'hillbilly' is a place of honor. If you wear the confederate flag, you get instant popularity with that lot. Me, I am despised by most of those kids for once yelling 'The Civil War is over! You lost, get over it!'
I'm glad I'm not that far south. A few people fly the Confederate flag around here, but I would see a lot more if I jumped the southern border of Missouri into Arkansas. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff