Welcome to Gaia! ::

So as I hope we all know, Daniel Radcliff is a new movie called The Woman in Black. Is it just me, or are other people way weirded out by not being able to call him Harry Potter, or wonder what's going on with Ron or Hermione, or what Voldemort is planning? Forever Harry Potter in my mind...
I don't really have any issues calling him "Daniel"...? Rupert/Ron's the one I usually don't, but I usually can't remember his real name 95% of the time. gonk

Or Alan Rickman.
But calling him Snape is so much cooler.

Hardened Warrior

I don't really have a problem with him being in something new... but he definitely always will be Harry Potter to me.
I enjoyed seeing him in something different.

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
I think it'll be a nice change. He was very brilliant as Harry & I hope that he's as brilliant playing other roles.
xAliceJae
I don't really have any issues calling him "Daniel"...? Rupert/Ron's the one I usually don't, but I usually can't remember his real name 95% of the time. gonk

Or Alan Rickman.
But calling him Snape is so much cooler.
I know what you mean I saw Wild target and loved it but I kept calling him Ron through out the whole movie I dont even remember the character's name.

Dapper Prophet

6,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I saw The Woman in Black and the people a few rows up from me made Harry Potter jokes for the first fifteen minutes of the movie. . . stare
I just saw the movie because Ciaran Hinds is in it. . .

Most people know the names of the actors but they use the characters names when talking to people who have no idea who Emma Thompson or Maggie Smith or Rupert Grint or Warwick Davis is and it becomes a habit.
It's damn awesome for him to do something new. Come on! No ones gonna be stuck on something forever!

I'll be looking forward to watching Woman in Black some time this week in theatres!

All hail Harry Potter forever.

Conservative Friend

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
It'll be awesome and good to see him as someone else besides Harry Potter! We can't get stuck on him just playing Harry and he probably wants to play someone else too! He need to play other character or people as well as still being Harry Potter or he as well as we will get tired of it! I don't mind or have any issues calling him Daniel Radcliff. I'm actually looking forward to The Woman In Black!
lol when i saw Woman In Black i expected the pictures to strt movieg or someone 2 fly in on a broom lol!!! rofl rofl rofl

Genius

I saw The woman in black because of him.
And I really hate horror movies, they make me stay awake all night thinking the monster will appear in my bed room.
But this movie was an exception, it was a first horror movie I've seen in these 3 years.

The first 2O minutes of the movie was pretty boring, but then it gets creepier and creepier.
There was something about the dolls that made the movie REALLY scary..
I couldn't relax even a second. All I screamed out loud during the movie was ''USE YOUR WAND HARRY''
lollolllol it's so funny, he's still Harry Potter. xD;
=.= gawd. harry potter ending was urrrgh...imagine the next generation going "you watched THAT?" i be like. aw hell naw. hawwypotzah fourvervah. ight. ......justkidding.

Dapper Codger

It's kind of sad that fans will forever mark Daniel Radcliffe as "that guy who played Harry Potter." He will never break out from his, well, "break-out role" as Harry. Which really sucks as an actor.

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
This is why I wouldn't want such a major role in a movie. Even if you become famous, people know you as the character, not as yourself. It's like you aren't living your own life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff