Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
heart

This is mostly for the Outdoor cat owners.

We've all heard about it; sometimes cats go out and bring some gifts for their owners, usually because they think we're starving, and need some food. But, sometimes, they bring back some odd things (Which is still better than them bringing back dead animals.) and I would love to hear from others about their generous cat's odd gift-giving habits.

My current cat sometimes brings in stuffed animals that others throw away, or leave outside. After a good disinfecting and washing (as well as the occasional patch-work if it's a particularly worn out plush) I adopt that stuffed animal into my home. My room is now filled with 15 of these gifts. C:

heart

6,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
When I lived in CA and our cats were outdoor cats, sometimes our cat Tommy would bring in mice, still alive. The best was when he brought in a bird xD
His "gifts" were always brought in half alive XDD

Original Lunatic

Awwww. I wish my cat would shower me with stuffed animals.
When my cat was allowed to roam freely, he'd bring me headless animals.
Mom would have a fit, but I would praise him behind mom's back.

Friendly Lunatic

10,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
User Image
Listen to Monsieur Loyal :

"My cat's favorite gifts are mice, birds, frogs, snakes and bugs (all dead or alive)."
My cats bring in birds, mice, and bugs. All of them are still half-alive when they get brought inside. I cried when my cat Maggie brought a baby bird into my room. Its eyes had pretty much been ripped out and it looked so sad. And it had a broken wing. D:

I always refuse to cuddle my cats unless they've been inside for awhile. I don't feel like being licked by a cat who has just eaten a bird. gonk

7,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
Whispers of Lavender
My cats bring in birds, mice, and bugs. All of them are still half-alive when they get brought inside. I cried when my cat Maggie brought a baby bird into my room. Its eyes had pretty much been ripped out and it looked so sad. And it had a broken wing. D:

I always refuse to cuddle my cats unless they've been inside for awhile. I don't feel like being licked by a cat who has just eaten a bird. gonk

heart

It's just the cat's nature, it probably just thought you needed a meal. Sorry about the dead baby bird though. :C

heart

Hilarious Fatcat

caught lust, tie a noose around my neck
its the unexplained that gets you when you obsess

My cat's an indoor cat and we used to let him outside on a cat run. Which is like a dog run, but more restrictive so he can't jump up too high.

He used to bring me gophers. Like he'd meow to be let in, and he'd trick me by leaving a gopher.

i believed saying the truth would change the way that i felt
lying to god aint easy, when you're already in debt.
Kirara-Chan KG
Whispers of Lavender

heart

It's just the cat's nature, it probably just thought you needed a meal. Sorry about the dead baby bird though. :C

heart
Yeah, I know. I appreciate her trying to keep me fed, but we don't exactly... like the same things. 4laugh

5,300 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
My cat is an indoor cat, but for some reason she finds mice and like to bring them to you while you're sleeping. stare One time she left a dead mouse in my aunts bed. lol She was so freaked out in the morning. I couldn't stop laughing about it. xd

Aged Member

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
My cats are nice enough to leave me mice in my shoes.

7,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
kandie kstar
My cat is an indoor cat, but for some reason she finds mice and like to bring them to you while you're sleeping. stare One time she left a dead mouse in my aunts bed. lol She was so freaked out in the morning. I couldn't stop laughing about it. xd

heart

Cat: Hey lady, I brought you breakfast! Aw, you're still sleeping. Ok, I'll leave it here so you can eat it in the morning. C:

heart
If it's such a nice day....

We're not sure if the cat did bring it in or not but e once found a dead adult squirrel at the bottom of the stairs!
Resently though we've had 3 bluetits brought in, in as many hours by the cats. while playing one of the birds fell into a glass of OJ xp

...Why ruin it for the rabbits?

2,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
dead bird in my garage. i still think its there..

Profitable Sex Symbol

7,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
My cats are free roaming, so of course they bring in dead animals, but they happen to be main coons so I get everything from racoons to possums. I usually donate it to the local wildlife center for the skeletons.

5,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
A "dead" rubber band from my indoor cat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff