Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
klebold
Set aside the rape cases, it's not our fault you didn't contact the authorities when it happened.

I admit, I would be pretty upset if I was married to a girl, and she went and got an abortion behind my back. I mean, my opinion doesn't matter, whether I'm okay with her doing it or not, bares no relevance, because you're right, it does take two, and those two should make an agreed choice. It isn't far for the male to come home and say "You killed our baby?".

Not even gold and silver can

First of all, don't write off rape like that. Contacting the authorities does nothing in regards to the fetus growing in the woman's body or the trauma a rape victim goes through.

Regarding the second part there, I'm assuming that if a woman's married to a man, it's pretty likely she'll want to keep the baby anyway. On the off-chance she doesn't, she'd probably want to talk it over with her partner first.

break the two of us...

Ladykiller

I believe the ultimate decision should fall to the woman, because it is she who is carrying the child.

I don't believe all motives for aborting a baby are right, but in the end it comes down to the mom to make the final decision.

Shameless Bilge rat

11,800 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
You know, this is actually a good valid point. Maybe the father should have some say.
But also, I can see this privilege being abused.
This is something to ponder, that is for sure.

Shameless Nerd

11,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
If you, as a guy, do not want a women to abort your kid, in said hypothetical situation, then do not have sex with a women who will consider having one. Simple as that.

It comes down to the fact that it is the women who will bear responsibility for the gestation, birth, and ultimately the raising of said child. And it is up to her if she wishes to keep it or not. No one elses.

This also comes down to safety of a medical procedure, women's rights, and control over one bodily autonomy. Having a abortion, a medical procedure be illegal will not stop abortions from happening. You will just be killing poor women, and rich women will leave the country for one. The desire to not be pregnant is strong as the desire for the body to stay pregnant. As long as humans have been having sex, there have been abortions, making it illegal will never stop them. It is ultimately about controlling and having a power over a sect of the population.

Dapper Millionaire

9,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm a guy obviously, and i can tell you that over anything i want the woman to be happy if she doesn't want the baby it is something we can get through maybe i can change her mind, if not don't push it.
Its not our choice for a reason.

Bashful Bloodsucker

what a woman wants to do with her own body is her choice. the same goes for men, they can do whatever they want with their bodies.

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
klebold
Probably, but unlikely. The contemplation will always be there. And I talked about going to the authorities because my idea for Abortion Laws are that we should enforce more strict sexual abuse laws, make abortion illegal, except in cases of rape, and this would work because females would be required to go to the authorities immediately after it happened or within a designated time-frame. By not doing this, the pregnancy could be legally determined as consented. For example, a female gets raped, contacts the authorities, the case is investigated and she now has the event on file in case she gets pregnant as a result of this abuse. If she does get pregnant, she'll be able to get an abortion because it will be on file that the cause of this was from unwanted penetration. That's why I mentioned the authorities, and this solves more problems than you know. Rape laws are more strict, not sure what kind of pervert would be against that aspect of the idea. Less people would fake these crimes, since all reports of rape would be investigated, therefore, husbands and wives could not premeditate a phony rape. The field of medicine would be prompted to create more advanced forms of birth control, there have been plenty of advances already, I'm sure it will continue. And from a moral standpoint, there would be less girls using abortions as a "whoops" like I said already.

Not to mention it will encourage more women to take action against such acts, rather than forgiving and forgetting, which seems to be the most common thing nowadays.
Holy ******** s**t, this may be the most disgusting post i have ever read.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
F L 0 W E R Z
what a woman wants to do with her own body is her choice. the same goes for men, they can do whatever they want with their bodies.

The 'choice' she is making does not affect her body, it affects the life created by two people.
as a great Cracked article once said, "Women are NOT after your p***s" because ironically it's the other way around "Men ARE after your v****a"

discuss
castigat ridendo mores
They can have an opinion and fight about it, yes.
They cannot, however, force a woman to hold something that she doesn't want.

If this is what we are shooting for (men forcing women to keep it), then the next action should logically be for women to have control over what a p***s can and cannot do.

Or maybe getting rid of them entirely.

It helps make the baby; it's part of the problem - so if we can't have a choice in whether or not we keep a child, they can't have a choice in whether or not they are at higher risk of prostate cancer (from no masturbation), choice in not having a compulsory vasectomy, or cutting them off altogether.

Honestly, I wouldn't be this way if this wasn't such a problem - i.e. "WOMEN HAVE TO HAVE OUR BABIES, IT'S NOT THEIR CHOICE OR THEIR BODY, WE AS MEN DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT TO TERM SO IT'S OUR CHOICE" - but if we're honestly going to say this, then women mind as well start being justified in grabbing men's pieces like bike handlebars and dragging them around by them.

Oh right, edit:
TL;DR

If abortion is banned, it is not going to stop women from getting abortions.
It will just make it even more unsafe.
I highly doubt anyone is going to get off their a** long enough to actively keep women in their houses and away from alleyway abortion clinics - and if they do, then that is one ******** future that I want nothing to do with.

Actually, if abortions were banned, it would stop women from getting abortions. Not all women of course, but it will be harder for women to get it. I know this for a fact. My grandma tried to do it illegally and failed. If it had been legal, she would have done it the legal way and succeeded.

How is that a ******** up future? In reality, they are giving the child a chance to experience life. Like me and my mother. Is it ******** up that my grandma couldn't get a legal abortion and now me and my family are living happy lives? My grandma is happy we are here and that the abortion failed. How is this ******** up?
Akasha Heartilly
If you, as a guy, do not want a women to abort your kid, in said hypothetical situation, then do not have sex with a women who will consider having one. Simple as that.

It comes down to the fact that it is the women who will bear responsibility for the gestation, birth, and ultimately the raising of said child. And it is up to her if she wishes to keep it or not. No one elses.

This also comes down to safety of a medical procedure, women's rights, and control over one bodily autonomy. Having a abortion, a medical procedure be illegal will not stop abortions from happening. You will just be killing poor women, and rich women will leave the country for one. The desire to not be pregnant is strong as the desire for the body to stay pregnant. As long as humans have been having sex, there have been abortions, making it illegal will never stop them. It is ultimately about controlling and having a power over a sect of the population.

I'm sorry, but it not as simple as that. There have been situations where women have changed their mind. People have sex recreationally, why would they discuss kids? And I feel that it's sexist to say that only the women can raise the child. If the father wants to raise it, he should get custody.
JazziLoveBerry
castigat ridendo mores
They can have an opinion and fight about it, yes.
They cannot, however, force a woman to hold something that she doesn't want.

If this is what we are shooting for (men forcing women to keep it), then the next action should logically be for women to have control over what a p***s can and cannot do.

Or maybe getting rid of them entirely.

It helps make the baby; it's part of the problem - so if we can't have a choice in whether or not we keep a child, they can't have a choice in whether or not they are at higher risk of prostate cancer (from no masturbation), choice in not having a compulsory vasectomy, or cutting them off altogether.

Honestly, I wouldn't be this way if this wasn't such a problem - i.e. "WOMEN HAVE TO HAVE OUR BABIES, IT'S NOT THEIR CHOICE OR THEIR BODY, WE AS MEN DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT TO TERM SO IT'S OUR CHOICE" - but if we're honestly going to say this, then women mind as well start being justified in grabbing men's pieces like bike handlebars and dragging them around by them.

Oh right, edit:
TL;DR

If abortion is banned, it is not going to stop women from getting abortions.
It will just make it even more unsafe.
I highly doubt anyone is going to get off their a** long enough to actively keep women in their houses and away from alleyway abortion clinics - and if they do, then that is one ******** future that I want nothing to do with.

Actually, if abortions were banned, it would stop women from getting abortions. Not all women of course, but it will be harder for women to get it. I know this for a fact. My grandma tried to do it illegally and failed. If it had been legal, she would have done it the legal way and succeeded.

How is that a ******** up future? In reality, they are giving the child a chance to experience life. Like me and my mother. Is it ******** up that my grandma couldn't get a legal abortion and now me and my family are living happy lives? My grandma is happy we are here and that the abortion failed. How is this ******** up?

It's messed up because even women who are at risk of dying as a result of their pregnancies will not have the legal option of terminating them.

Also, women who have been raped will be forced to have their rapists' children. Some women don't agree that these women should have the option of abortion, but, in truth, some of these women have never been raped and impregnated as a result, so they shouldn't be speaking on the matter. A woman can easily say that she'll keep her rapists' child before she gets raped, but she doesn't actually know how she will feel about having the child after it becomes a reality.

Dapper Millionaire

9,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
klebold
F L 0 W E R Z

The 'choice' she is making does not affect her body, it affects the life created by two people.

someone has no medical prowess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games