Welcome to Gaia! ::

Britthia Bovinia
JazziLoveBerry
It takes two to tangle, so why does one person get the choice? Why can't the father have a say in his child's life? Is it selfish to say that men can't choose if their child dies or not? Do you think this is being sexist? Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

PLEASE, if you are going to debate, don't be childish with name calling or trying to belittle someone just because they have a difference in opinion. We can have a friendly discussion. If you don't like someone's answer, don't let it emotionally and mentally trouble you. Everyone is not always going to agree. That's something you'll have to get over.

Carrying it for nine months is one thing. Giving birth for hours upon hours, hours of physical, mental, and emotional stress, just to push out a 10 pound child you DON'T WANT, is a different story.

Go get raped, see how fun it is to give birth. I wouldn't know from experience, so it'll be nice to know someone who does.

Go get raped? Petty... When did I say that rape victims shouldn't get abortions? Please stay on topic.

Not all babies are 10 pounds. And I've been around women in labor, many choose to get the "almost pain-free" option and the only hard part is the last few minutes.
some cat in a hat
JazziLoveBerry
some cat in a hat
alice will kick you

I have a very strong opinion about abortion but just to say it blunt- i don't think it should be legal.
It solves all problems. biggrin

I'm sorry but that solves no problems.

Rape?
Incest?

And even if they did outlaw it, people wouldn't stop having abortions.
There's many different ways to do it, and if they outlawed it, abortions would just be more dangerous.

For example, underage drinking isn't legal but that doesn't really stop anyone.

Well of course... Any law in general will still be broken regardless. Like murder and stealing. It's there to prevent it from happening. People will still be able to have abortions, but it will slow the rate down.

why slow the rate down though?
why not focus on slowing the rate down on something NEGATIVE such as rape, or incest, the real problems here.

They are trying to slow those rates down as well. Of course. They have laws against those, and the police and other law enforcement agencies are at work trying to prevent it. Abortion being a "real" problem is an opinion... It is a problem for some people.
Tama Ice
JazziLoveBerry
It takes two to tangle, so why does one person get the choice? Why can't the father have a say in his child's life? Is it selfish to say that men can't choose if their child dies or not? Do you think this is being sexist? Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

PLEASE, if you are going to debate, don't be childish with name calling or trying to belittle someone just because they have a difference in opinion. We can have a friendly discussion. If you don't like someone's answer, don't let it emotionally and mentally trouble you. Everyone is not always going to agree. That's something you'll have to get over.

Of course they should have a say in it, but in the end I don't think it's their decision at all.

1. Because men doesn't carry the child for nine months - and just to add to this: thus they aren't likely to permanently gain weight or perhaps getting back issues from having children either.

2. Because men doesn't give birth, thus they doesn't have to deal with all the pain and possible issues around it.

3. Because men can't breastfeed the child for the time that's "required".

That was some of the things that immediately came to mind while reading your post.

Good bye.

Hello,

Men can breastfeed.

Goodbye.
lumnata
JazziLoveBerry
some cat in a hat
alice will kick you

I have a very strong opinion about abortion but just to say it blunt- i don't think it should be legal.

Rape?
Incest?

There's many different ways to do it, and if they outlawed it, abortions would just be more dangerous.

Well of course... Any law in general will still be broken regardless. Like murder and stealing. It's there to prevent it from happening. People will still be able to have abortions, but it will slow the rate down.
No, it won't. The number of abortions do not decrease when abortion is illegal; instead, the number of unsafe abortions simply goes up.

I'll admit that the number of illegal abortions may go up, but in TOTAL it will decrease. I know from experience.
Akasha Heartilly
JazziLoveBerry
Akasha Heartilly
If you, as a guy, do not want a women to abort your kid, in said hypothetical situation, then do not have sex with a women who will consider having one. Simple as that.

It comes down to the fact that it is the women who will bear responsibility for the gestation, birth, and ultimately the raising of said child. And it is up to her if she wishes to keep it or not. No one elses.

This also comes down to safety of a medical procedure, women's rights, and control over one bodily autonomy. Having a abortion, a medical procedure be illegal will not stop abortions from happening. You will just be killing poor women, and rich women will leave the country for one. The desire to not be pregnant is strong as the desire for the body to stay pregnant. As long as humans have been having sex, there have been abortions, making it illegal will never stop them. It is ultimately about controlling and having a power over a sect of the population.

I'm sorry, but it not as simple as that. There have been situations where women have changed their mind. People have sex recreationally, why would they discuss kids? And I feel that it's sexist to say that only the women can raise the child. If the father wants to raise it, he should get custody.

No, it's not sexist, the issue still will be no matter what that the women has to carry a child for 9 months. She is the one who has to go through the bodily and hormonal changes, has to deal with her work, social, and life in general changed. The man will go through none of this. Until a fetus can be removed at any stage of the pregnancy, and placed somewhere to be able to come to full term, abortion is the women's choice, regardless of what the man wants.

And yes, people have sex recreationally, but if said guy is assuming every women he bangs will keep the child and let him be part of it, then he is in for a rude awakening.

It being sexist or not is your opinion. I still find it sexist.

"but if said guy is assuming every women he bangs will keep the child and let him be part of it, then he is in for a rude awakening" That was beside the point.
Lupina III
JazziLoveBerry
castigat ridendo mores
They can have an opinion and fight about it, yes.
They cannot, however, force a woman to hold something that she doesn't want.

If this is what we are shooting for (men forcing women to keep it), then the next action should logically be for women to have control over what a p***s can and cannot do.

Or maybe getting rid of them entirely.

It helps make the baby; it's part of the problem - so if we can't have a choice in whether or not we keep a child, they can't have a choice in whether or not they are at higher risk of prostate cancer (from no masturbation), choice in not having a compulsory vasectomy, or cutting them off altogether.

Honestly, I wouldn't be this way if this wasn't such a problem - i.e. "WOMEN HAVE TO HAVE OUR BABIES, IT'S NOT THEIR CHOICE OR THEIR BODY, WE AS MEN DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT TO TERM SO IT'S OUR CHOICE" - but if we're honestly going to say this, then women mind as well start being justified in grabbing men's pieces like bike handlebars and dragging them around by them.

Oh right, edit:
TL;DR

If abortion is banned, it is not going to stop women from getting abortions.
It will just make it even more unsafe.
I highly doubt anyone is going to get off their a** long enough to actively keep women in their houses and away from alleyway abortion clinics - and if they do, then that is one ******** future that I want nothing to do with.

Actually, if abortions were banned, it would stop women from getting abortions. Not all women of course, but it will be harder for women to get it. I know this for a fact. My grandma tried to do it illegally and failed. If it had been legal, she would have done it the legal way and succeeded.

How is that a ******** up future? In reality, they are giving the child a chance to experience life. Like me and my mother. Is it ******** up that my grandma couldn't get a legal abortion and now me and my family are living happy lives? My grandma is happy we are here and that the abortion failed. How is this ******** up?

It's messed up because even women who are at risk of dying as a result of their pregnancies will not have the legal option of terminating them.

Also, women who have been raped will be forced to have their rapists' children. Some women don't agree that these women should have the option of abortion, but, in truth, some of these women have never been raped and impregnated as a result, so they shouldn't be speaking on the matter. A woman can easily say that she'll keep her rapists' child before she gets raped, but she doesn't actually know how she will feel about having the child after it becomes a reality.

Mothers who are at risk of dying, raped, or victims of incest can legally get an abortion. Where are you getting your facts from?
pidgezero_one
JazziLoveBerry
It takes two to tangle, so why does one person get the choice?
Because there's only one uterus. Do the ******** math. You can't simultaneously abort and not abort a pregnancy in the name of compromise.

Women can't have babies on their own. Do the ******** math? What math is involved here? Pretty lame...
ChibiSheenaSakura
JazziLoveBerry

The turn of phrase you were looking for is "It takes two to Tango"
Quote:
Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

That is not a good reason to get an abortion. Are you assuming the only people who get abortions are women who just want to ******** everything that moves? No. No no no. Getting an abortion is draining on the body, physically an emotionally, and it takes a lot for a woman to make this decision.

I think the Father SHOULD have a say in it. They should discuss this at length with one another. That being said: It is ultimately the mothers choice. This is for a variety of reasons one that weighs heavily on her is the reliability of the boy who impregnated her. Remember: This is not about carrying a fetus for 9 months, it is about giving a child a good life for 18-23 years. The mother will ALWAYS be stuck to that child, and often not able to raise it on her own. While the father is able to cut and run with no responsibility. That is why the mother should have more of a say, but I feel the father still has one.

Oops. Thanks for the correction. That's what I meant...
"Are you assuming the only people who get abortions are women who just want to ******** everything that moves?" No, I never said that. Don't know why you would assume that.
kittylux
JazziLoveBerry

Your a girl your stupid to ask this question you really don't know how this works what happens when the man takes off never to be seen again and doesn't have the money to take care of the baby do you want the baby to be in foster care till he or she turns 18? idot stressed

I'm stupid for having a different opinion than you. Oh, then I guess that makes you stupid too, because I don't agree with you. I guess we are all stupid then...

You can't assume that a man will leave. Mothers leave as well. Don't be sexist. Unless if you can predict the future, assuming family situations is an invalid argument. And you called me an "idot", I'm sure you meant idiot... Idiot.

Invisible Prophet

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
JazziLoveBerry

Of course it is selfish. Selfishness is spread throughout the problem though. If the child is not treated with love then one or both of the parents are selfish for having 1)taken on a responsibility they weren't ready for and 2) not doing anything to make the outcome better, whether it be abortion or adoption. Plus, it is selfish of a man to tell a woman what to do with her body when certain implications are involved, while it is equally selfish of a woman to be a pansy and want to have sex and not carry a child for nine months at the expense of a "future fathers" greatest love and perpetuation of false logic.

Invisible Prophet

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
JazziLoveBerry
ChibiSheenaSakura
JazziLoveBerry

The turn of phrase you were looking for is "It takes two to Tango"
Quote:
Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

That is not a good reason to get an abortion. Are you assuming the only people who get abortions are women who just want to ******** everything that moves? No. No no no. Getting an abortion is draining on the body, physically an emotionally, and it takes a lot for a woman to make this decision.

I think the Father SHOULD have a say in it. They should discuss this at length with one another. That being said: It is ultimately the mothers choice. This is for a variety of reasons one that weighs heavily on her is the reliability of the boy who impregnated her. Remember: This is not about carrying a fetus for 9 months, it is about giving a child a good life for 18-23 years. The mother will ALWAYS be stuck to that child, and often not able to raise it on her own. While the father is able to cut and run with no responsibility. That is why the mother should have more of a say, but I feel the father still has one.

If it is SO draining on a woman to have an abortion then why do countless women have sex without thinking of the consequences? If they were to take that ONE thing you said:

"That is not a good reason to get an abortion. Are you assuming the only people who get abortions are women who just want to ******** everything that moves? No. No no no. Getting an abortion is draining on the body, physically an emotionally, and it takes a lot for a woman to make this decision."

Then they would only have sex with the one person they were truly in love with and would not leave or hurt them. So, I think your argument is invalid since women more or less use that to weasel their way out of the decision instead of actually realizing they were wrong for being reckless with their body with the act of sex.

Dapper Hunter

3,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
JazziLoveBerry
some cat in a hat
JazziLoveBerry
some cat in a hat
alice will kick you

Rape?
Incest?

why not focus on slowing the rate down on something NEGATIVE such as rape, or incest, the real problems here.

They are trying to slow those rates down as well. Of course. They have laws against those, and the police and other law enforcement agencies are at work trying to prevent it. Abortion being a "real" problem is an opinion... It is a problem for some people.

Abortion is NOT a problem.
If you don't like abortions, then don't have one. It's as simple as that. The fact that you want it to be outlawed, for the choice to be taken away from others because you thinks its a 'problem' is ******** up. That's their choice. Not yours. Why should you have that power over others? Why should anyone?
There's this thing called women's rights.
It's not women's choice it's just selfish, they just call it thet to make it sound nice about being baby killers.. If anything it should be the baby's choice, and I bet you anything that cute little thing wants to live, the women has no right to "choose" to end a persons life. End of story.

It's a sad world we live in now where something like this can be justified ...it's sick.
some cat in a hat
JazziLoveBerry
some cat in a hat
JazziLoveBerry
some cat in a hat
alice will kick you

Rape?
Incest?

Abortion is NOT a problem.
If you don't like abortions, then don't have one. It's as simple as that. The fact that you want it to be outlawed, for the choice to be taken away from others because you thinks its a 'problem' is ******** up. That's their choice. Not yours. Why should you have that power over others? Why should anyone?
There's this thing called women's rights.
. They use my tax money to do it, so this isn't just their problem, my money is now blood money used to kill innocent baby's because the women is too selfish to want to help a defenseless babe. Abortions shouldn't even be a option, it's a very lazy and selfish option...and. This isn't a women's right, as far as I know, murder is still wrong, and abortion is murder so calling it women's right is just a lie. Do people really think that murder is a right nowadays? Sad times...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff