Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
obamaurmama
A. Two to tango, genius. Anyone more than ONE can tangle.

B. Her body, her v****a, her life, her business.

Seriously, you think it's just because she doesn't want to carry it for 9 months? How about support it for the rest of her life? What if it were her rapist's child? What if her birth control failed? What about potential defects in her genetic code that left her unwilling to bring a baby like that into the world? What about someone raised in a violent family or substance abuse family who doesn't want to potentially ruin her child?

What about it's her body, her v****a, her life, her business?

not her body, not her business. stare simple.

also, rape and incest aren't good enough excuses to convince me. if she has to choose between her own life and that of the child, or there is significant risk to either or both, than yes, she should also get the option. but other than that, no. right to life is more sacred than right to privacy.

Wintry Avenger

Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama

Seriously, you think it's just because she doesn't want to carry it for 9 months? How about support it for the rest of her life? What if it were her rapist's child? What if her birth control failed? What about potential defects in her genetic code that left her unwilling to bring a baby like that into the world? What about someone raised in a violent family or substance abuse family who doesn't want to potentially ruin her child?

also, rape and incest aren't good enough excuses to convince me. if she has to choose between her own life and that of the child, or there is significant risk to either or both, than yes, she should also get the option. but other than that, no. right to life is more sacred than right to privacy.

A fetus is considered a viral infection to the body. Women who are RH negative actually have to get injections in order to stop their bodies from NATURALLY killing the infection, otherwise known as the embryo. There are many reasons that a woman might have for having an abortion, and all of them are her business. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it is what it is. Abortions will continue. We can either vote to make it someone else's business, thus ensuring that not only will the infection be removed but that - most likely - the woman will die from other infections during illegal abortions, or we can realize that it's a losing battle for anti-abortionists and move on to more worthwhile causes, like proper birth control.
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama

A fetus is considered a viral infection to the body. Women who are RH negative actually have to get injections in order to stop their bodies from NATURALLY killing the infection, otherwise known as the embryo. There are many reasons that a woman might have for having an abortion, and all of them are her business. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it is what it is. Abortions will continue. We can either vote to make it someone else's business, thus ensuring that not only will the infection be removed but that - most likely - the woman will die from other infections during illegal abortions, or we can realize that it's a losing battle for anti-abortionists and move on to more worthwhile causes, like proper birth control.

And proper sex ed. Proper sex ed reduces the number of abortions drastically. We should curb abortions by introducing comprehensive sexual education not making it illegal.

Wintry Avenger

Mei tsuki7
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama

And proper sex ed. Proper sex ed reduces the number of abortions drastically. We should curb abortions by introducing comprehensive sexual education not making it illegal.

Truth. Too many American parents don't educate their children properly in regards to sexual activities and rely on schools full of teachers who don't have the right to say what needs to be said without worrying about potential lawsuits.
Because its that womans baby its in HER not the men!!!

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama

you seem so sure of victory. I'm not so certain that pro-choice will win. however I'm also not too fond of the pro-life side winning on the grounds of how opposed I am to the war against planned parenthood and women's actual equality and self-determination.

still, I cannot agree that an embryo is an infection. it makes no sense. policies and laws aren't always right or correct or even justified. I have once heard someone argue that a baby isn't alive until legal documents (birth certificate, social security I.D.) are printed. do you expect me to accept that, too?

no thankyou, I will stick to logic. talk2hand

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
littlebumkin

23 chromosomes from the woman and 23 chromosomes from the man make up each genome in that baby's body. all babies are essentially naturally-generated genetically hybridized clones of their parents.

Wintry Avenger

Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama

you seem so sure of victory. I'm not so certain that pro-choice will win. however I'm also not too fond of the pro-life side winning on the grounds of how opposed I am to the war against planned parenthood and women's actual equality and self-determination.

still, I cannot agree that an embryo is an infection. it makes no sense. policies and laws aren't always right or correct or even justified. I have once heard someone argue that a baby isn't alive until legal documents (birth certificate, social security I.D.) are printed. do you expect me to accept that, too?

There is no victory. There's only a topic full of anguish and despair. Do you think abortion is easy for any woman? People aren't pro-abortion, they're pro-life. By the same token, pro-life people aren't REALLY pro-life, because once that kid is born they wash their hands of it. They're anti-abortion. And the only reason is because they want to butt into someone's else's business. Mind your own house before peeking in someone else's windows.

You cannot agree that it's an infection? Do you not agree that the earth is round? I watched my sister deal with the RH- issue during her pregnancy and read all the books and the scientific proof is irrefutable. It's not a discussion up for agreement or disagreement. Do some research before coming back at me, because the ignorance you're spewing is giving me agita.

Wintry Avenger

Chieftain Twilight
littlebumkin

23 chromosomes from the woman and 23 chromosomes from the man make up each genome in that baby's body. all babies are essentially naturally-generated genetically hybridized clones of their parents.

And when the man can carry it and deal with the consequences of raising it instead of being able to walk away without repercussions, they have the right to give their useless opinions.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
littlebumkin

And when the man can carry it and deal with the consequences of raising it instead of being able to walk away without repercussions, they have the right to give their useless opinions.

most men I know who get a woman pregnant unplanned want to raise that child, even if they have to do it on their own. and in some of those cases, the mother says no and gets the abortion anyway. tell me how that's irresponsible on the part of the father?

Wintry Avenger

Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
littlebumkin

most men I know who get a woman pregnant unplanned want to raise that child, even if they have to do it on their own. and in some of those cases, the mother says no and gets the abortion anyway. tell me how that's irresponsible on the part of the father?

What magical fairy land do you live in? I'd like to visit.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama

There is no victory. There's only a topic full of anguish and despair. Do you think abortion is easy for any woman? People aren't pro-abortion, they're pro-life. By the same token, pro-life people aren't REALLY pro-life, because once that kid is born they wash their hands of it. They're anti-abortion. And the only reason is because they want to butt into someone's else's business. Mind your own house before peeking in someone else's windows.

You cannot agree that it's an infection? Do you not agree that the earth is round? I watched my sister deal with the RH- issue during her pregnancy and read all the books and the scientific proof is irrefutable. It's not a discussion up for agreement or disagreement. Do some research before coming back at me, because the ignorance you're spewing is giving me agita.

1.) of course not. I used to sit on teh fence about this because do understand the consequences and issues surrounding each stance. it was not even easy for me to come to the stance I have now, and I am not known to settle on issues. I base all of my decisions on logic, experience and research. this is a debate which I admit has put me in tears on both sides of the argument for almost a decade.

2.) not so many people "wash their hands of it" as you say... it will ALWAYS haunt someone.

3.) it is NOT out of a desire to butt into other people's business, it is about what people find sacred, it is about PERSONAL traumatic experiences with abortion issues, and it is about moral, social and fiscal policy.

4.) how pleasant of you to accuse me of ignorance. stare is it because I don't agree with you? is there only your side of an argument and the wrong side? is that how it works? oh, please teach me your ways, o righteous and wise one!

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
littlebumkin

it's called FLORIDA! where peopel have MORAL VALUES! where peopel believe in RESPONSIBILITY, and in ETIQUETTE! where we don't run away from the consequences of our decisions, and where we are PROUD to see little copies of ourselves running around!

so if you don't believe that there are decent men in the world, I dunno whether to pity you or tell you to ******** off. believe it or not, there are good men in the world. responsible men who care about their children.

Wintry Avenger

Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
littlebumkin

it's called FLORIDA! where peopel have MORAL VALUES! where peopel believe in RESPONSIBILITY, and in ETIQUETTE! where we don't run away from the consequences of our decisions, and where we are PROUD to see little copies of ourselves running around!

so if you don't believe that there are decent men in the world, I dunno whether to pity you or tell you to ******** off. believe it or not, there are good men in the world. responsible men who care about their children.

I know there are decent, responsible men. I'm one of them. My point is that women don't get that choice to run away once the baby is born. Well, hell, some of them do, but they're the ones who have to deal with all the consequences. For every decent man who sticks by his child and does right by that child, how many don't?

If the government went after deadbeat dads and enforced child support, do you have any idea how many fewer women would be on welfare or food stamps? THAT'S how we begin to fix that issue - and it could have been prevented given proper sexual education and the right to have an abortion.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama
Chieftain Twilight
obamaurmama

I know there are decent, responsible men. I'm one of them. My point is that women don't get that choice to run away once the baby is born. Well, hell, some of them do, but they're the ones who have to deal with all the consequences. For every decent man who sticks by his child and does right by that child, how many don't?

If the government went after deadbeat dads and enforced child support, do you have any idea how many fewer women would be on welfare or food stamps? THAT'S how we begin to fix that issue - and it could have been prevented given proper sexual education and the right to have an abortion.

I actually agree with you completely on all four of those matters. it's a sad ******** world out there, and the lack of gender equality, proper education and responsibility policy make much of this abortion talk moot... dismantling religious and political agendas may be the key to restoring a healthy culture to america.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff