Welcome to Gaia! ::

Karmarsi Kedamoki
Old Blue Collar Joe
Double standards much? Or do you view a woman who gets an abortion as an equal piece of s**t?
User Image

no I see them as an equal being. I apologize if my response turned you the wrong way.
I have always seen men and women as equal people, regardless of how different other people may view them. I was only trying to say, let women have their choice. If they have the misfortune of a man who will walk out on them for keeping a baby, then they shouldn't dwell on it. Why? Because they'll one day find a man who will accept and raise the child with them, even if it isn't theirs.
However, I also see women who get an abortion an equal being as well. What a woman decides does not change what I think of them. It's their choice, and with such I respect them and understand if they want to, let them.
Again I apologize if I came off appearing as incompetent or anything sweatdrop

User Image

Not offended as long as you view her as just as large a sack of s**t for getting an abortion as him 'aborting' his parental rights.
While I disagree with the man being able to force the woman to give birth, in order to truly have equality, the man has to have the same right to his bodily autonomy, and right to abort. He gets X amount of time for notification, and during that time he gets to 'abort' his rights.
Of course, abortion should also be grounds for legal divorce.

Timid Member

Old Blue Collar Joe

Not offended as long as you view her as just as large a sack of s**t for getting an abortion as him 'aborting' his parental rights.
While I disagree with the man being able to force the woman to give birth, in order to truly have equality, the man has to have the same right to his bodily autonomy, and right to abort. He gets X amount of time for notification, and during that time he gets to 'abort' his rights.
User Image

I see, well we are different. I mean, who knows, part of my acceptance may because I find it hard to be mad or be against anyone or many. It's against my nature you could say. And I see where you're coming from as well. Really it'd all might be a big mess. With consent from one and not the other and such.

User Image
Karmarsi Kedamoki
Old Blue Collar Joe

User Image

I see, well we are different. I mean, who knows, part of my acceptance may because I find it hard to be mad or be against anyone or many. It's against my nature you could say. And I see where you're coming from as well. Really it'd all might be a big mess. With consent from one and not the other and such.

User Image

Note I never say he gets the right to force her to have the baby. Merely the right to 'abort' his parental rights if he so chooses within a similar time frame as she has.

Beloved Smoker

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
because it is YOUR body, first and foremost.
JazziLoveBerry
It takes two to tangle, so why does one person get the choice? Why can't the father have a say in his child's life? Is it selfish to say that men can't choose if their child dies or not? Do you think this is being sexist? Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

PLEASE, if you are going to debate, don't be childish with name calling or trying to belittle someone just because they have a difference in opinion. We can have a friendly discussion. If you don't like someone's answer, don't let it emotionally and mentally trouble you. Everyone is not always going to agree. That's something you'll have to get over.

The turn of phrase you were looking for is "It takes two to Tango"
Quote:
Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

That is not a good reason to get an abortion. Are you assuming the only people who get abortions are women who just want to ******** everything that moves? No. No no no. Getting an abortion is draining on the body, physically an emotionally, and it takes a lot for a woman to make this decision.

I think the Father SHOULD have a say in it. They should discuss this at length with one another. That being said: It is ultimately the mothers choice. This is for a variety of reasons one that weighs heavily on her is the reliability of the boy who impregnated her. Remember: This is not about carrying a fetus for 9 months, it is about giving a child a good life for 18-23 years. The mother will ALWAYS be stuck to that child, and often not able to raise it on her own. While the father is able to cut and run with no responsibility. That is why the mother should have more of a say, but I feel the father still has one.

Noob

Having a man control over a woman's own body is cruel and absurd. The only time I think when a man gets a say in what the woman is going to do is when he gets baby himself.

Fluffy Bunny

4,025 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I wanna thank those who tipped my post. heart

Then the rest of you... shame shame.

My mother had me at 17. Her father urged her to get an abortion. If she had gone with the decision to get an abortion, I wouldn't be here. &you know what? I wouldn't care, because I was a fetus, & have no memory being in the uterus. I wouldn't be here to deal with the piece of s**t humans that like to take control over other people's bodies. So, either way, I would be happy as a clam.

O.G. Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
Of course the father has the right to argue with the mother about it, but in the end I think the mother's decision holds more value. Dad doesn't have hold another person in his body for nine months, only to have to squeeze it out through a whole that it shouldn't be able to fit through (or have it cut out via C-section). In my opinion, once a woman is pregnant, all the father has the right to do is say "Now let's think about this."

Feral Knife

20,250 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Let me put it this way. Does the father have to carry the child for nine months? Does the father have to suffer nausea and vomiting, weight gain, bloating, cramps, fatigue, a sore back, and all the other (many) common problems of pregnancy? Does the father have to risk losing his job due to missed time at work? Does the father have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars in pre-natal care and for the actual hospital stay and birth? Does the father have to risk his health -- because even in today's times, carrying a baby to full term comes with its risks? Does the father have to contend with such risks as a post-delivery vaginal infection or depression, which can come even with a pregnancy that goes perfectly and a healthy baby? If the father chooses to walk out the door, does he have to spend the next eighteen years feeding and caring for and nurturing and providing for everything that child needs? If the father isn't there, is it he that's going to have to make sacrifices to make ends meet, to make sure the bills are paid, to make sure that child has food on the table? If something goes wrong, is it the father who will be blamed?

Yes, a decent man and a good father will provide many of these things. Yes, it should be the case for everyone. But it isn't -- and the first part stands regardless of the man in question, regardless of the situation.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
HDMI

Well, yes, as long as the uterus is required to grow a baby.
If the woman chooses to keep the baby, then it will be her going through all the consequences - morning sickness, getting swollen and fat, mood swings, all that jazz. No matter how good the man is, he cannot do any of those things. So why should he have final say in whether or not the woman has to go through that?

Sorry to say, there's no nice way to solve it, if the man wants it and the woman does not. Maybe they should have talked about that before the whole sex thing. She has to accept what having a baby would means, he has to accept she might choose to abort. It is still her choice, because it's not in his body.

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I'm not going to carry a baby I want for nine months while he gets to do absolutely nothing but wait.
JazziLoveBerry
It takes two to tangle, so why does one person get the choice? Why can't the father have a say in his child's life? Is it selfish to say that men can't choose if their child dies or not? Do you think this is being sexist? Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

PLEASE, if you are going to debate, don't be childish with name calling or trying to belittle someone just because they have a difference in opinion. We can have a friendly discussion. If you don't like someone's answer, don't let it emotionally and mentally trouble you. Everyone is not always going to agree. That's something you'll have to get over.

I have a very strong opinion about abortion but just to say it blunt- i don't think it should be legal.
It solves all problems. biggrin

Tipsy Sex Symbol

You disgust me.
JazziLoveBerry

Your a girl your stupid to ask this question you really don't know how this works what happens when the man takes off never to be seen again and doesn't have the money to take care of the baby do you want the baby to be in foster care till he or she turns 18? idot stressed

Questionable Borg

While I don't agree with abortion, how is it not a choice?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff