Welcome to Gaia! ::

It takes two to tango, so why does one person get the choice? Why can't the father have a say in his child's life? Is it selfish to say that men can't choose if their child dies or not? Do you think this is being sexist? Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

PLEASE, if you are going to debate, don't be childish with name calling or trying to belittle someone just because they have a difference in opinion. We can have a friendly discussion. If you don't like someone's answer, don't let it emotionally and mentally trouble you. Everyone is not always going to agree. That's something you'll have to get over.

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

They can have an opinion and fight about it, yes.
They cannot, however, force a woman to hold something that she doesn't want.

If this is what we are shooting for (men forcing women to keep it), then the next action should logically be for women to have control over what a p***s can and cannot do.

Or maybe getting rid of them entirely.

It helps make the baby; it's part of the problem - so if we can't have a choice in whether or not we keep a child, they can't have a choice in whether or not they are at higher risk of prostate cancer (from no masturbation), choice in not having a compulsory vasectomy, or cutting them off altogether.

Honestly, I wouldn't be this way if this wasn't such a problem - i.e. "WOMEN HAVE TO HAVE OUR BABIES, IT'S NOT THEIR CHOICE OR THEIR BODY, WE AS MEN DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT TO TERM SO IT'S OUR CHOICE" - but if we're honestly going to say this, then women mind as well start being justified in grabbing men's pieces like bike handlebars and dragging them around by them.

Oh right, edit:
TL;DR

If abortion is banned, it is not going to stop women from getting abortions.
It will just make it even more unsafe.
I highly doubt anyone is going to get off their a** long enough to actively keep women in their houses and away from alleyway abortion clinics - and if they do, then that is one ******** future that I want nothing to do with.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Because it's not your body.

And by "your", I don't just mean men. I mean anybody other than me. You don't have the right to make my medical decisions for me.

See? I don't hate men. You can all get your damn hands off my uterus.
castigat ridendo mores
They can have an opinion and fight about it, yes.
They cannot, however, force a woman to hold something that she doesn't want.

If this is what we are shooting for (men forcing women to keep it), then the next action should logically be for women to have control over what a p***s can and cannot do.

Or maybe getting rid of them entirely.

It helps make the baby; it's part of the problem - so if we can't have a choice in whether or not we keep a child, they can't have a choice in whether or not they are at higher risk of prostate cancer (from no masturbation), choice in not having a compulsory vasectomy, or cutting them off altogether.

Honestly, I wouldn't be this way if this wasn't such a problem - i.e. "WOMEN HAVE TO HAVE OUR BABIES, IT'S NOT THEIR CHOICE OR THEIR BODY, WE AS MEN DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT TO TERM SO IT'S OUR CHOICE" - but if we're honestly going to say this, then women mind as well start being justified in grabbing men's pieces like bike handlebars and dragging them around by them.

Oh right, edit:
TL;DR

If abortion is banned, it is not going to stop women from getting abortions.
It will just make it even more unsafe.
I highly doubt anyone is going to get off their a** long enough to actively keep women in their houses and away from alleyway abortion clinics - and if they do, then that is one ******** future that I want nothing to do with.

Agreed! So eloquently put into words. 3nodding
T3h Jinji

And by "your", I don't just mean men. I mean anybody other than me. You don't have the right to make my medical decisions for me.

Yes!
JazziLoveBerry
It takes two to tangle, so why does one person get the choice? Why can't the father have a say in his child's life? Is it selfish to say that men can't choose if their child dies or not? Do you think this is being sexist? Is it selfish for women to kill their child because they don't want to carry it for 9 months?

PLEASE, if you are going to debate, don't be childish with name calling or trying to belittle someone just because they have a difference in opinion. We can have a friendly discussion. If you don't like someone's answer, don't let it emotionally and mentally trouble you. Everyone is not always going to agree. That's something you'll have to get over.

I think its just saying since the woman is actually the one having the procedure, at the end of the day she has the final say.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Because the baby isn't coming out of a guy's p***s. It's the woman's body and she should have the right to make a decision involving her own v****a regardless of the reasons.
I have a question, what if the father doesn't want to have the kid and have anything to do with it and she does?

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
I can't force a guy to get a vesectomy or keep him from not getting one. Same thing.
It is the woman's body. Therefore, she should have control over what goes on with her body.

Dapper Dabbler

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
Not even gold and silver can

I think that ultimately, it should be the woman's choice. She's the one who has to deal with the majority of the consequences of having the baby in the first place. She's the one who shows the signs of having the baby, not the man. She's the one who has to deal with the pregnancy. A man could impregnate a woman and potentially, no one could ever know, but everyone could be able to tell that the woman got impregnated. Of course, there is the whole using protection thing, but... honestly? I don't have a lot of faith in people remembering it before they have sex.

Not to mention, it's the woman's body and she deserves the right to determine what she can or can't do with it.

break the two of us...

Timid Member

Tacopillard
I have a question, what if the father doesn't want to have the kid and have anything to do with it and she does?
User Image

Well then, he'd be mighty worthless.
Or at least that's how I would see it. I mean, use protection if you don't want a child.
However, if they were then it failed well then it's still a tidbit of bad luck. If the lady wants to have it I believe they should. If the guy walks out then he truly isn't worth the time. 3nodding

User Image

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
When the pops is carrying the kid he gets an opinion.

Dapper Tycoon

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
T3h Jinji

I agree fully and completely. Just think about rape or a forced insemination of any kind. Nobody can force somebody to have a child they don't want...
                Because the man isn't the one who gets to wear a fat suit for nine months,
                go through the pains of being pregnant and giving birth, to quite possibly a
                child that the mama might not want at all. It's her body; not his.

I understand why you're asking this, but I just don't like how the 'abortion'
                topic has been interpreted by some that are con-abortion. Sure, it goes against
                some religious morals, -- well, lots -- but wouldn't you rather see a child
                born into a family that can support it rather than, say, a fifteen year old
                that comes from a shitty family and will have a baby to support when she's
                still a baby herself. As for older women that have the supplies and what not
                to help provide for her child; what if she doesn't want it? If she was forced to
                keep it, wouldn't it affect the way she'd think about it if she had to keep it?
                Of course, there's the adoption option, but there's already many children that
                could be adopted and are waiting to have that done. (As a teenager, thinking
                about being the kiddo in an orphanage/adoption center/whatever, I'd feel
                sort of lonesome and probably would have a low self-esteem to think
                that I was not wanted by my birth mother. Wouldn't you, da? gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff