Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you play it?

Yeah! Sounds like a ton of fun! 0.2 20.0% [ 2 ]
I'm on the fence; I'd have to hear what you have in mind specifically. 0.5 50.0% [ 5 ]
Nope. 0.3 30.0% [ 3 ]
Gold! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]

Beloved Fatcat

Gaia has been something that has always been giving to me, whether it be meeting great friends, drawing for random people, or giving me a place to go when I'm bored or upset. It's a community I've been apart of for awhile now, but it only recently dawned on me to give back to it and its members.

The way I could dawned on me when I was brainstorming a world for a video game. The idea I have leaves a lot of room for people to add to it in both silly and serious ways, which, I feel, would appeal to this community. I've been successfully thinking of ways that people could contribute to this world and put a little bit of themselves into it, and, as a result, feel apart of something like I have with this site.

The game would be free and playable on a PC. I would be making it with the aid of RPG Maker (the newest one), which has successfully been the base for many games (Google it, Man! There's a ton of stuff).

I would keep certain things secret when we are all creating together to keep an element of surprise, of course, but there would be things people could pick out that they helped with, and I think that's really, really cool. (Yes, people who would help out would be named! Credits page! Though, I'd want to do more than that... Like, people who help out exceptionally getting their own character or something.)

So, what do you think about this? Do I need a dose of reality? Do you think it's a cool idea? Do you have any ideas? Thoughts? Anything?

Newbie Noob

Sounds like, zOMG!

Don't just allow anyone, your going to need: sprite artists, writers (story and dialogue), and all around people with some talent. Anyone can throw around an idea, but how many people can help you.

Here is a basic thing most people overlook when making RPGs. When you are moving your character between many portals (Lets say it is a ruined city maze combo. The character moves in and out of building quite often). Well, if you don't raise the enemy encounter rate, the player will be able to go though portals to new sections of the map without facing any enemies.

Your game, even if it is free, will get massacred if you use the basic/standard sprites. Don't believe me, Steam Greenlight, nuff said.

Don't get me wrong, do what you want, but get a team that will help you do what you want. You are going to get some crazy suggestions. If you are the only person working on this game, your just going to swamp yourself when you open the flood gates and requests/suggestions start swarming in.

Beloved Fatcat

DarkSohisohi
Sounds like, zOMG!

Don't just allow anyone, your going to need: sprite artists, writers (story and dialogue), and all around people with some talent. Anyone can throw around an idea, but how many people can help you.

Here is a basic thing most people overlook when making RPGs. When you are moving your character between many portals (Lets say it is a ruined city maze combo. The character moves in and out of building quite often). Well, if you don't raise the enemy encounter rate, the player will be able to go though portals to new sections of the map without facing any enemies.

Your game, even if it is free, will get massacred if you use the basic/standard sprites. Don't believe me, Steam Greenlight, nuff said.

Don't get me wrong, do what you want, but get a team that will help you do what you want. You are going to get some crazy suggestions. If you are the only person working on this game, your just going to swamp yourself when you open the flood gates and requests/suggestions start swarming in.

First off, thank you for replying! I really appreciate your words of wisdom.

Yes! Yes! Of course. I consider myself an artist with some talent, so I'm helping out with that role. The art I need for this to work is something I can dish out. I've already spoken to a friend who is also very talented with art and she's extremely willing to help. I've got another friend, a writer, who is also pretty stoked about it. I know that two others isn't a lot, but I've got some more people I can contact I think might want to be apart of this.

Thank you! That makes perfect sense.

I believe you with all my heart! I wouldn't have thought about this seriously if I didn't have the resources for the video game to have its own, original sprites.

Yeah! For sure, Man. Thank you so much for your advice! I really appreciate it. (I hope you're having a great day when you read this! I apologize for the super late reply.)

Newbie Noob

Lacvia
Yes! Yes! Of course. I consider myself an artist with some talent, so I'm helping out with that role. The art I need for this to work is something I can dish out. I've already spoken to a friend who is also very talented with art and she's extremely willing to help. I've got another friend, a writer, who is also pretty stoked about it. I know that two others isn't a lot, but I've got some more people I can contact I think might want to be apart of this.

I wouldn't have thought about this seriously if I didn't have the resources for the video game to have its own, original sprites.
Team of three is much better than just one person, looks like you got things going for you. You also seem to have the drive to complete this project, which you will need.

If you need any help programing you can hit me up, though since you are using RPG Maker that shouldn't be a problem unless you are looking to add in a system it does not provide.
I probably wouldn't think very highly of it to be honest.

Beloved Fatcat

DarkSohisohi
Team of three is much better than just one person, looks like you got things going for you. You also seem to have the drive to complete this project, which you will need.

If you need any help programing you can hit me up, though since you are using RPG Maker that shouldn't be a problem unless you are looking to add in a system it does not provide.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate everything you've said. *salutes* I'll keep that in mind! Thank you again! (*collapses of happiness because you're awesome*)

Beloved Fatcat

shinkko

I'm curious as to why! Could you please explain your thoughts to me? I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Lacvia
shinkko

I'm curious as to why! Could you please explain your thoughts to me? I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
If made by the members chances that each member/worker can work together and or have the same ideas/professionality isn't likely. And if the game is anything like the site really, I don't see myself sitting down and playing it diligently. I'm not downing the site really just it's not the best for me.

Revered Prophet

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces