Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
I joined in '04 because a few of my friends were on this site. I was never into role-playing (or anime, to be frank) but I stuck around for the entertainment forums and customization. Dress up options are like crack to me. I took a pretty long hiatus when I stopped hanging around with said friends and kind of forgot about the site.
About a year ago I logged in when I was sick one long weekend, noticed the achievements and stayed for a while. Now that my hours at work are cut significantly I use this site as a general time-waster when I'm not playing Diablo
I went in Gaia as a 12 year old and spent like 3 years on it and met a lot of good friends. Now I am 18 and I am back because I am bored and have wifi in my new apartment lol

Timid Friend

5,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
I get curious now and again, and I'm easily tempted by dress up games.

Browser

Sheer boredom. I only recently started coming back because some of the mmorpgs I play had their servers hacked and those companies have been slow to put the games back up. It's also nice to find interesting people who might have common interests.

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I deleted my tumblr and got bored so I came back here.
I actually joined back in 2004, I was here on and off until 2009 where I stayed until 2012, but I went on hiatus because I found tumblr, but came back with a new account not too long ago when I deleted my blog.
It's just a much more pleasant place to be than tumblr and keeps me busy since I can't work.
I joined... Oh hell, I think in 2004. I was on Neopets and a friend turned me onto Gaia because we were anime nerds. I was on for years, role played mostly, and when my stepdad went into the hospital, learned that the people here were wonderful folks who offered support, humor and often really inappropriate offers of slave role plays. Did not take then up on the last part.

After stepdad died a few years later (2006) I spent hours on Gaia to escape the crushing misery. But when my mom died in 2009 I moved and slowly tampered off. On a whim today I decided I missed the site. So I typed it into the App Store and was excited to find an app. Lol. But it had been so long I couldn't remember my old email. So here I am, starting all over on what seems like a whole different site, yet comfortingly the same.

O.G. Elder

I tried it in 2004 because I was convinced i was an amazing artist and needed to post my stuff on Gaia. That didn't go over well so I stayed off Gaia for a while, came back around 2006ish after getting bored with Neopets and I really enjoyed roleplaying and customizing my avatar. Didn't do a whole lot with Gaia though until my Freshman year of high school when I made friends that also went on here, so that got me consistently on here for hours and hours all through high school.
Quit after I graduated, and now I'm slowly getting back into it since I do all my college work at home now and don't have a job. Doesn't make me want to stab someone like Tumblr does half the time.
I joined Gaia like a decade ago when Nate and I got banned from Neopets for using the word 'kiss' more than once in an rp post. It wasn't even like nsfw. Our characters got married. So obviously the officiant said 'you may now kiss the bride' and then they kissed. Apparently this was shockingly inappropriate for Neopets so with both of our accounts downed we looked for someplace else to go hang. Nate stumbled across this site by some crazy odd happenstance and told me it looked pretty chill. So I followed him over and while he was being a social butterfly crawling his way up into the rp side of things, I holed up over in my corner and did puzzles.

I was super anti-social at first, and I didn't make a post here until like MONTHS after I joined. And then I lived in the forums and Nate had issues with getting me to actually read my pms because I wouldn't come out of the forums. I hit the limit once without even opening the pms that were clogging up in there. (Because I wouldn't come out of the forums).

So at first it was the games. Then the people. Then I fell out of love with Gaia for a bit and then I came back and was active for a week. And then I left for months. And then I came back and lurked and then I was like eh. Gaia. And then recently I came back for the games and remembered that I really actually like it around here XD

O.G. Elder

GeekWhistle
I joined Gaia like a decade ago when Nate and I got banned from Neopets for using the word 'kiss' more than once in an rp post. It wasn't even like nsfw. Our characters got married. So obviously the officiant said 'you may now kiss the bride' and then they kissed. Apparently this was shockingly inappropriate for Neopets so with both of our accounts downed we looked for someplace else to go hang. Nate stumbled across this site by some crazy odd happenstance and told me it looked pretty chill. So I followed him over and while he was being a social butterfly crawling his way up into the rp side of things, I holed up over in my corner and did puzzles.

I was super anti-social at first, and I didn't make a post here until like MONTHS after I joined. And then I lived in the forums and Nate had issues with getting me to actually read my pms because I wouldn't come out of the forums. I hit the limit once without even opening the pms that were clogging up in there. (Because I wouldn't come out of the forums).

So at first it was the games. Then the people. Then I fell out of love with Gaia for a bit and then I came back and was active for a week. And then I left for months. And then I came back and lurked and then I was like eh. Gaia. And then recently I came back for the games and remembered that I really actually like it around here XD

It took me forever to get the courage to post, too. Unfortunately for me the first time I posted was in the GD, and I was a 14 year old girl trying to sound all cool and grown up. It didn't work very well, haha.

Beeoshi's Boss

Timid Trickster

Joined in '04. Forgot my account info... Rejoined in '06, dealt with it for a while... Forgot about ugly after a bit... At a friend's house trying to sleep and I suddenly start posting again.

That's my history.

PV=nRT's Wife

Hygienic Loiterer

Gaia gaia. I guess I keep coming back out of nostalgia. I had a bunch of friends on here and we used to play zomg for hours and hours. I think I miss that so much that I keep coming back in hopes that some of them will be around. c: And then I stay because I join a roleplay or two. Been on and off since 03

Loyal Associate

Pretty much nostalgia
-I joined back in 08 since i seen an advertisement about a new at the time rpg ( ZOMG)
after i beat the game of that i just explored bits and pieces of the site ,forums ,holiday events, made a few freebie drawings for people stuff like that .

Dapper Gaian

6,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I joined Gaia in 2003 with the name 'r.a.y.n.i.e.' (formerly 'rayneori') but recently found out Gaia suspended my account because I didn't login for a year. Derp.

I come back for people I used to talk to, mostly. I like the forums and I find that there's usually a few cool like-minded people around.

I also really liked the donation items. But I guess now it's all these weird cash things?

I feel like an old lady trying to understand the internet, you guys. :/

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
I don't feel like a full introduction right now.

What's currently bringing me back to Gaia is a sneaky hate spiral and the craving to retreat from physical human interaction.
I personally joined because I liked a girl who used this forum and wanted to get to know her better.
Long story short, I became less interested in her and spent more and more time on this site. I RPed to practice my story telling for my DND games. I chatted about video games and life in the GD. I spoke about a lot of adult topics without the ridicule of my friends or coworkers judging me, and got to explore and learn about new ideas.

But as with you, my life became more full of careers and now a fiance, so i have little time to devote finding the diamonds in the rough on this site anymore. So I took a step away from the site and only come back when life slows down too much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff