Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Conversationalist

Back when I was a sophomore in college, I met this girl. We'll call her Zahra.

Zahra and I had both chosen journalism as a career path, and at the time I was still in this mode where I didn't really care about much, and I think these were the two things that really held her attraction. It took me a little while for me to notice that she existed, but I was attracted to her too.

Her smile made my knees weak. Her voice? Symphonic. Whenever I had a nappy fro going on, she told me that it looked fine. When told me that, not only did I laugh it off (because it really did look like s**t and school made me so busy, that I barely had time to see a barber), but I realized at that someone was taking a deep interest in me and it was a pretty new feeling since I was already sort of weird (read: hardly attractive or date worthy), anyway.

With her being Muslim and her parents wanting her to focus on dating Indian men, I knew that a relationship between her and I wouldn't happen. I took my chances, though. After a few flirtatious texts and a few lunch meetings together, I asked her out. All she could do was rehash some story about she had liked a white guy previously and was madly in love with him. However, her parents threw a tantrum when they found out and from that moment on, she didn't want to go through that again. So she surrendered to her parents wishes and vowed to date Indian men only.

I guess that was her way of telling me "No."

It's funny because the whole time that we were flirting and being intimate with each other, she acted like she was fine with it. She even admitted that she was into me, but would rather "date an Asian guy."

To make the extensively long story short, she and I remained as friends throughout our internship with publication together and through the rest our time in undergrad. I sort of ******** up the friendship with some drunk texts about how I was still into her and how I didn't get the motive about her decision. Some other crazy stuff too. That was about a year ago, and we haven't talked or seen each other since.

As far as a know, she now has a job in NYC.
Those parents must be pretty scary if they could convince her to resist a 'stache as badass at that.

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
theStealthHunter
Those parents must be pretty scary if they could convince her to resist a 'stache as badass at that.

This^^
theStealthHunter

I third this notion.
fool off bitches?
naaaaa

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out