Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loving Wife

So this happened to me a while back but it was a note-worthy experience

So I had been going out with this one chick for almost 6 months. We had decided to break up like the day before we made 6 months. Our relationship had gone from in-person to long distance because her family moved to Florida. It was still fine up until like the 5th month. That's when the relationship started to get stressing on the both of us. She decided that we should take a break from the relationship, I was fine with this. After a few more days of thinking whether I should or shouldn't break up with her, I decided that it'd be better to end the relationship. She was fine after we had broken up and understood why I was breaking up with her. It was all good and we still talked for a couple of days. Then two weeks after we had broken up she texted me out of nowhere saying, and I quote, "I've found someone else."

Two weeks and she was already going out with someone else. I haven't talked to her since and I see no reason to talk to her again. The thing is that we both do gymnastics and she had told me before we broke up that she might come to do gymnastics over the summer at our school. Now that it's basically summer already, I'm not sure if there's a chance I'm going to see her again while at the gymnastics event. If I do see her, I'm probably not going to talk to her unless she talks to me. Either way I'd still feel awkward and uncomfortable seeing her again.

So yeah this is pretty much something that happened to me that I'd like to share with y'all.

EDIT: I probably should have put this in the first place but I'd like to know what you think of all this.
Maybe she got upset about breaking up? Hard to imagine a girl casually saying to her ex that she found someone else just as a heads up/ just because.

Loving Wife

LittleSarahKite
Maybe she got upset about breaking up? Hard to imagine a girl casually saying to her ex that she found someone else just as a heads up/ just because.

Who knows, as much as I'd like to know why she told me I've stopped caring about it.
it happens

Loving Wife

jag the ripper
it happens

They find someone else quickly after the breakup?
DarkBladeZX6
jag the ripper
it happens

yes its called rebound

Loving Wife

jag the ripper
DarkBladeZX6
jag the ripper
it happens

yes its called rebound
So that's what it's called
I knew there was a name for it but I didn't remember what it was

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
It's kindasorta sounding to me like she still wanted to be friends. Or something.
If staying friends isn't really your thing, though, definitely make that clear.

But eh, some people rebound and some take their sweet time finding someone else.

Loving Wife

Awesome McGee
It's kindasorta sounding to me like she still wanted to be friends. Or something.
If staying friends isn't really your thing, though, definitely make that clear.

But eh, some people rebound and some take their sweet time finding someone else.

I wanted to stay friends after we broke up but then she told me she was dating someone else which made me not wanna stay in contact with her anymore.

Timid Astronomer

8,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
You shouldn't feel upset or anything about it all. I mean, you both broke up on good terms, agreeing that it wasn't working out and you'd both be better apart. Sure, she found someone else, she wasn't with you so she was free to date others.

But I get it, you're nervous and you won't know how to act. I think maybe you should just talk to her. Just say hey, be friends, you were friends before so why does that have to change? If she ends up doing gymnastics at your school, you're better off just breaking the ice because there's no guarantee she'll say hey right away and it's just going to make you feel worse avoiding each other and acting like she's not there. Maybe shes just as nervous as you are. Sometimes is strange, dating someone and then breaking up, you just don't know quite how the other will act, but it's unnecessary. Just breathe, smile, and walk up with a "Hey, haven't seen you in a while! What's up?". You'll feel better and you might even get a friend back.

Good luck o v o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces