Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Lunatic

I don't like it when people say they want to live like Jesus Christ. Yes, he was a (supposedly) good person, I can understand the admiration.

But why can't you be yourself and be good? You're not good enough on your own? You don't need to be something you're not.

So someone who isn't Christian is selfish and heartless? Cuz if you think that way, you're pretty heartless.

You don't need to be Christ-like or Christian to be a good person. Just treat others well.

Inwant to give blood whenever it's needed. I want to be an EMT. I'm not doing any of these things to be like Christ. I'm doing these things out of the kindness of my heart.

And don't act nice for your own eternal heaven after death, that's pretty selfish.
Livin like Larry.....

Super Spook

24,600 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Nuclear Plant 500
Living like Jesus?

Alright, have fun being followed everywhere, mocked and ridiculed, beaten, betrayed, and eventually crucified.

Tipsy Poster

Trashcan not Trashcannot
Living like Jesus?

Alright, have fun being followed everywhere, mocked and ridiculed, beaten, betrayed, and eventually crucified.
^^^^^^^^^

Interesting Citizen

Living like Jesus lived doesn't mean being a good person or productive member of society, it means to be loving and compassionate with others, and sharing the gospel with them. It means to place total trust in God.

Many churches/Christians today only cater to the rich, or they discriminate and narrow who they will reach. But Jesus wasn't like that. He reached out to the poor and the needy, the sick and the broken, the saints and the sinners, and even the crooks and the rich. It didn't matter what status a person had or who they were, Jesus never turned them away. But he didn't just reach out to them to be friendly to them when no one else was. He didn't come to say "you're fine as you are, never change." He taught the importance of Believing in and Knowing God, and confessing to Him.

Hilarious Lunatic

xXZirkannia
Living like Jesus lived doesn't mean being a good person or productive member of society, it means to be loving and compassionate with others, and sharing the gospel with them. It means to place total trust in God.

Many churches/Christians today only cater to the rich, or they discriminate and narrow who they will reach. But Jesus wasn't like that. He reached out to the poor and the needy, the sick and the broken, the saints and the sinners, and even the crooks and the rich. It didn't matter what status a person had or who they were, Jesus never turned them away. But he didn't just reach out to them to be friendly to them when no one else was. He didn't come to say "you're fine as you are, never change." He taught the importance of Believing in and Knowing God, and confessing to Him.

I see. Thank you for clearing that up. Well, then that means that Christians that cater to the rich SUCK. That's not very Christian of them.

I just hate it when people say that Christian values are good values. You don't need religion to be good.

Or people who think they're so good because they go to church. If someone said they go to synagogue or mosque, they'd be hated on. I've met plenty of Jews and Muslims who are really good people.

Same thing goes for atheists. Atheist values are labeled as "bad" and "evil." Yes, there are bad atheists out there.

But the good atheists out there don't get any love.
i live like christ because i turn household products into drugs

heyooo

Beloved Sex Symbol

again, nice topic for casual discussion

i also think it sounds a bit too radical but i'm kind of a newbie to christianity

it just means to surrender yourself to the path that god has planned for you, and for most people that path maybe doesn't even have to be that radical

but everyone has to make tough choices in life
I don't think people are implying you aren't a good person in saying that, and if they are you can slap them.

Christian theology is pretty clear that no one is good, and that's something self righteous Christians like to forget.

Christians are supposed to be Christ like though, he is the standard. If you're not Christian I don't know why they expect you to adhere to that standard, like I said, a lot of people have no idea what their theology is really(Just like people think going to Heaven or Hell depends on how many good or bad deeds you do), they're just mad that you aren't doing it. haha
xXZirkannia

Small font and a different color must be a believer thing haha.
Fullmetal Gurren Titan
I don't like it when people say they want to live like Jesus Christ. Yes, he was a (supposedly) good person, I can understand the admiration.

But why can't you be yourself and be good? You're not good enough on your own? You don't need to be something you're not.

So someone who isn't Christian is selfish and heartless? Cuz if you think that way, you're pretty heartless.

You don't need to be Christ-like or Christian to be a good person. Just treat others well.

Inwant to give blood whenever it's needed. I want to be an EMT. I'm not doing any of these things to be like Christ. I'm doing these things out of the kindness of my heart.

And don't act nice for your own eternal heaven after death, that's pretty selfish.

I agree,

I mean I'm a girl right, and sometimes when people want to bring me down they start teasing me (especially my family ok) and they go like "Be like Christ", and I'm like... how does that even make sense since I am a female and Christ was the Son of Heavenly Father.

and then that time after I recovered from getting my left organ (not naming which organ) removed people started staring me down at school at a booth when I wanted to be a blood donation volunteer and at that time I WAS LIKE I JUST WANTED TO YELL AND A WALL AND TELL GOD THAT I'M PRETTY SURE PEOPLE DON'T WANT MY CANCER CELLS IN THEIR BLOOD OKAY PRETTY SURE I NEED TO BE HEALTHY TO CONTRIBUTE WHY IS EVERYONE GIVING ME SUCH A DAMN HARD TIME FOR TRYING TO LIVE HAPPILY AND HEALTHILY OK I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SAY EVER AFTER AND I USED TO BE HAPPY IN A GREAT CHURCH OKAY rolleyes YEAH MAYBE I USED TO BELIEVE IN ETERNITY PRETTY SURE LAME a** PEOPLE NEED TO STOP GETTING JEALOUS OF ME.

Then again there was this other time I was just sitting there in this random a** church I don't even like I MEAN I LIKED MY ORIGINAL CHURCH much better ok I mean maybe people think I have a sad face there or something but I can't help the way I look when I sit there and rest my mind I mean then people just start to harrass me like WHAT IT'S MY FACE and i have to deal with all this ok i was only 19 now im 21.

you know what my life is valuable and I don't care what anyone else says this jealous of other people when you don't even know their life and journey and background and the hardships they have had to go through to get to where they are today has to stop.

STOP GETTING JEALOUS OF PEOPLE.

Blessed Cat

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas