Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hey, y'all. So, I am rather new to this. I had been considering other outlooks on life and other philosophies for a bit before stumbling upon this particular one.
I was an atheist to begin with, though I felt this was more about what I did not believe in rather than what I did believe in, and I think Satanism sort of speaks for my beliefs and my stance on things.

So, I would like to start a thread for Satanists on Gaia to connect, share experiences, how long they've been Satanists for and so forth.
I am mainly interested in LaVeyan Satanists, though theistic Satanists are also welcome.

Please be respectful. If you're here to troll, consider yourself ignored and therefore banned from the thread.

This is a casual hang-out.
You may also come in to ask questions and hopefully get answers. I will do my best to answer, and do so in a civil manner.
For the most part I practice a lot of what LaVeyan Satanism teaches but not through conscious choice. I just try not to be a p***k to people and believe people should get what they deserve. It's only by coincidence that much of my outlook on life coincides with what LaVeyan Satanism preaches.

The other kind of Satanism... The kind with the devil worship stuff... Yea that's not cool at all.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Whiskey Grey
For the most part I practice a lot of what LaVeyan Satanism teaches but not through conscious choice. I just try not to be a p***k to people and believe people should get what they deserve. It's only by coincidence that much of my outlook on life coincides with what LaVeyan Satanism preaches.

The other kind of Satanism... The kind with the devil worship stuff... Yea that's not cool at all.

arrow Quite a few people practice what Satanism preaches without being aware of it.
arrow I am only a p***k to people when given a reason to be a p***k. One of the things I have learnt is not to turn the other cheek.
arrow I personally find belief in a literal Satan kinda ludicrous. Same with the belief in literal supernatural entities or deities as anything other than human inventions.

Friendly Friend

I have no knowledge about LaVeyan Satanism, I'd like to know more!

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
RedRobotCake
I have no knowledge about LaVeyan Satanism, I'd like to know more!

Certainly. It is pretty basic. It is a philosophy or religion which is centred around oneself. It rejects moral absolutism and places one as the one who determines what is right and what is wrong based upon one's standards of morality and ethics.

There are some statements about what Satan represents and what he stands for, according to Satanists (to some degree most agree on these). There are also some 'rules' to abide by--I see them as suggestions rather than rules.

And lastly, some of the traits we look down on. The language may be harsh and a bit insensitive and even a bit ableist, but I am with LaVey on ignorance and wilful ignorance present in our society.

TL;DR

arrow There is no higher authority to the Satanist than himself.
arrow Satan represents all those things a Satanist values.
arrow Satanists determine what is right and what is wrong, and defend that which is ours.

Tipsy Tycoon

9,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I was given the Satanic Bible by a former housemate before and after I read it, the religion just doesn't appeal to me. sweatdrop

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
FrontierBrainPalmer
I was given the Satanic Bible by a former housemate before and after I read it, the religion just doesn't appeal to me. sweatdrop

arrow To each their own.
arrow Any particular reason, however? Just out of curiosity.

Tipsy Tycoon

9,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
AngryVeganQueer
FrontierBrainPalmer

arrow To each their own.
arrow Any particular reason, however? Just out of curiosity.
It's hard to describe, but in general it's too atheist for me. sweatdrop Also I'd prefer a religion where you're encouraged to conform to the group's beliefs. It's just not for me, but it's better suited for other people.

Lamia Deloun's Husband

Guess who brought pretzels?

Blessed Cat

I ve read a little bit about them, they just have a bad name on there heads. When you hear anything devil or satan people automatically think evil. rolleyes
Hi there! ^^ I've been practicing LaVeyan Satanism for a couple years now, so I thought I'd pop in.

I bought my 'bible' back in 02' I think and it was such a breath of fresh air. I tried reading the christian bible several times but couldn't get past the first few pages. The Satanic Bible reflected so much what I already believed, it was quite surprising.

It's nice to know there's still some intelligent people left in the world.

Chatty Smoker

I actually am about to order the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVay. From what I've read online about it, it seems really interesting and makes a ton of sense. I too am an Atheist.

Sparkly Lunatic

"With some theistic tendencies."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas