Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Prophet

UtterBits
Jacque De Molay
UtterBits
My condolences to all who have lost a precious life to them from suicide.
Is it selfish to avoid the elderly because you don't want to feel bad when they die?

You cant help what you feel after death of a person, or during a time when they are at their worst.
When it comes to this touchy subject(although its not as touchy to me these days it seems since death in inevitable) you cant carry this guilt about what you may feel but think you're suppose to feel, you know?

Old peoples destiny is to die, and ofcoarse (hopefully) make the most of their remaining days,
cause when it comes down to it were all at this point of trying to do things, be involved and feeling whole in this life, before, or coarse you know die.
I don't get closure from funerals. I really just hate being around corpses and all of that. If it is the destiny of the old to die I really think I should just avoid them. I don't feel guilty about death, I just don't like the sight of it. Do you think funerals are a waste of time?

Hilarious Seeker

4,800 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
It's perfectly fine to not be fond of the funerals or memorials for a late person, remember the times before the times we are in, and Im talking millions of years ago times, rituals were different(if they even had them for this case) and its something I assume one person suggested cause they felt it was respectful (to them) and appropriate that later has been adapted along the generations.

I dont mean to sound bleak about the whole death talk or "we're here to live till we die, thats it", but just try to percive and understand it in that way, the reality is that we live, and survive, untill we die.

I dont blame you and completely respect how ever you feel towards that situation.

For me, funerals(this has actually been a common yet new stage in my life experiencing all this death around me as I get older) is a decent gathering of the people who's lifes were touched by the one passed and a chance to share the memories you had with them and to express what they meant to you, and for some it's closure that they look forward to, to get done and be able to move on.
But dont worry, if you dont want to be near all that, theres nothing wrong with you, everyones different and should get respect for having these feelings with such a loss or change in their life....

Hilarious Seeker

4,800 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Jacque De Molay
UtterBits
Jacque De Molay
UtterBits
My condolences to all who have lost a precious life to them from suicide.
Is it selfish to avoid the elderly because you don't want to feel bad when they die?

You cant help what you feel after death of a person, or during a time when they are at their worst.
When it comes to this touchy subject(although its not as touchy to me these days it seems since death in inevitable) you cant carry this guilt about what you may feel but think you're suppose to feel, you know?

Old peoples destiny is to die, and ofcoarse (hopefully) make the most of their remaining days,
cause when it comes down to it were all at this point of trying to do things, be involved and feeling whole in this life, before, or coarse you know die.
I don't get closure from funerals. I really just hate being around corpses and all of that. If it is the destiny of the old to die I really think I should just avoid them. I don't feel guilty about death, I just don't like the sight of it. Do you think funerals are a waste of time?

And I dont feel funerals are a waste of time, but if you dont want to go, you have every right to reconsider......
So when it comes down to it, it's not like we're going to be able to convince millions of people its a waste of time, since its such a deep experience for others, and then its not for the rest.

We are all different people, its all about understanding with everything you got to really make sense of the things we do and go thru

Hilarious Prophet

Suicidesoldier#1
No, I am not. emotion_donotwant
Yes you are.

Hilarious Prophet

Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Yes you are.

Nuh-uh.
Yeah-huh!

Hilarious Prophet

Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Yes you are.

Nuh-uh.
Yeah-huh!

Nuh-uh double infinity billion!
Yeah-huh triple infinity trillion squared!

Fanatical Zealot

Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1

Nuh-uh.
Yeah-huh!

Nu-uh!

You can't go above double infinity billion. ninja
I thought numerical sets had no limits!

But it's double infinity!

You can't go higher than infinity x2. xp

Hallowed Hunter

Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1

Nu-uh!

But it's double infinity!

You can't go higher than infinity x2. xp

Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1

Nuh-uh.
Yeah-huh!

Nu-uh!

"Infinity" isn't in a numerical set.

Unforgiving Warlord

11,000 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
Well no one knows what is on the other side.

Whatever the other side is like/a nothingness/ heaven/hell/etc both will never see each other again...(unless some sort of afterlife is real and they see each other there...)

I think that people who are suicide should try cope with everything and spend more time with people like family friends etc.

The people who want to commit suicide are those who typically have a mental illness or a life problem(finances/family etc).

You only have one life (unless you believe in reincarnation) so these people shouldn't ever give up on finding happiness and or finding something they want to do with their life. I think they should reach out to more people, and they don't have to outright just say "I am suicidal." Something as simple as saying "Hi" can make another person smile, which in turn can generate dopamine when they see someone smile. They can find what inspires them and make it their passion.

(I know I went a little into "getting help" but something as simple as more human interaction can change things.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games