Welcome to Gaia! ::

sde369
I'm a femme lesbian, and I HATE that everyone thinks I'm straight. I feel like it's nearly impossible for me to get a girlfriend. Plus, I can't stand when men flirt with me. sad

This.
Except I don't mind it too much when men hit on me. Unless they get pushy. Men don't seem to know how to take "no".
sde369
infinite_S O N G B I R D
sde369
I'm a femme lesbian, and I HATE that everyone thinks I'm straight. I feel like it's nearly impossible for me to get a girlfriend. Plus, I can't stand when men flirt with me. sad

I wouldn't mind men hitting on me, I mean it's not their fault I'm gay... it's just they almost never want to take a "no thanks". They got to push and push and get all aggressive or insulting. It's ******** stupid. I feel for you though, so I'll hit on you.

So Sde369, So a femme like you must get all the pretty ladies hitting on you huh?

-grins-

Yeah, men can be really annoying about it. One guy even tried to convince me that I'm not really gay. Please. talk2hand

Oh yeah! I just got hit on by a sexy lady! emotion_dealwithit

Haha, Agh! Yes, I hate the whole "You're not gay"
or "I'll make you straight" or "mypenisisthemostmagicalthinginthewholeworldallLESBIANS LOVE ME!!!!!"

Or the millions of versions men have developed to not listen to a women's opinion. What's worse, is I would probably ever so slightly more attracted to a guy that could take a no gracefully. But, no, 9 out of 10 times, they make themselves look creepy and desperate.

Haha, i dunno if I'm sexy, but I'll take it because it makes me feel happy.
encouraging pink unicorn
infinite_S O N G B I R D

Okay I will tell you the secret to dealing with guys who wont leave you alone after you say no, but it's a really advanced technique so idk if you're gonna be able to handle it, it's kind of a pro move, not really obvious right away so I can see why some girls would have problems figuring out to do this.

You look at the bar's security and you say SECURITY! THIS GUY IS HARASSING ME. and security removes him from your presence.

Like I said, SUPER difficult.

And if you're not in a bar, considering I've never been in one? Should I just turn into a screaming lunitic? That'd probably work. -nod nod-
spacekitten
As a strait girl who's been hit on by lesbians and bi girls, it didn't bother me. I just let them know that I was flattered, but not interested. Same thing I'd do if a guy hit on me.

Weirdly enough, If I have to be hit on, I'd rather it was a girl than a guy? They're more understanding and back off faster. I actually had a guy continue perusing me when I told him I was ENGAGED because "it might not work out!"

OMG. What is wrong with some people? -is dying- I'm sorry that kind of stuff happens. =/ I have heard of pushy lesbians though. In a way I think I'd be twice as annoyed with a woman being pushy because they should know how obnoxious it is. Although, I know a few women who think it's okay to just touch you because OMG they're a woman to it's NO BIG DEAL!! -rolls eyes-

Romantic Lover

10,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gaian 50
Well since I am a guy, if another guy hit on me I would be like awkward XD
encouraging pink unicorn
infinite_S O N G B I R D
And if you're not in a bar, considering I've never been in one?

Clubs have security as well.
Where else are you trying to pick girls up, you strolling into Olive Garden and sitting down next to the first one you think you might enjoy eating out?

NO clubs either, but it's okay. =]

But yeah, haha, how'd you know? A sweet chick out with her her husband and kids, I just bust in, pull up a chair and say, "Hey, b***h, How about you ditch these and come get banged in my car!"

Haha, you must have had some shitty experiences with lesbians I take it, though.
Kurisu Alba
Well since I am a guy, if another guy hit on me I would be like awkward XD

Haha, I would have to say, any guy that takes that sort of a risk just hitting on a unknown man, should be applauded for his bravery. Like, slap him on the back, laugh, and say, "I'm straight, but damn you have some balls." But yeah. haha, awkward.

Chatty Smoker

I always sort of ask them in advance or look for clues. Thank goodness for Facebook, you can look at their "interested in" section.
encouraging pink unicorn
infinite_S O N G B I R D
you must have had some shitty experiences with lesbians I take it, though.

I haven't. You're not okay with guys walking up to you and assuming you're straight but I should be okay with lesbians assuming I'm a lesbian? You tell the straight guys no, I tell the lesbians no.

So if you're not meeting people at bars and you're not meeting people at clubs where are you meeting people?

Actually I don't mind that guys assume I'm straight or even that they hit on me. I mean if someone thinks I'm attractive, I can't fault them for trying. What I hate that saying 'no thanks' sometimes translates "try harder".

Like I said, I don't have game. I wasn't joking. So I'm not exactly hitting on anyone. -smiles- In general I meet people doing activities, through friends, parties, at school, etc.
It can get really annoying really fast when people assume I'm straight. I don't fit the plaid-flannel-shirt-mechanic-truck-driving-sports-loving-lumberjack-short-hair stereotype, as I'm a femme, I guess you'd call it? I don't really know how to give off the lesbian cues either, so men try to date me even when I tell them I'm not into that (because I have nothing to prove it? I dunno) .
br0wneyed-babe
I always sort of ask them in advance or look for clues. Thank goodness for Facebook, you can look at their "interested in" section.

What are the cues, or at least ones that you look for? I swear my gaydar is the worst. =/ -crycry-
ElectricWinter85
It can get really annoying really fast when people assume I'm straight. I don't fit the plaid-flannel-shirt-mechanic-truck-driving-sports-loving-lumberjack-short-hair stereotype, as I'm a femme, I guess you'd call it? I don't really know how to give off the lesbian cues either, so men try to date me even when I tell them I'm not into that (because I have nothing to prove it? I dunno) .

-nods- I've been thinking about wearing some rainbow bracelets or something to help "clue" people in. Except rainbow doesn't always look good with everything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff