Welcome to Gaia! ::

What does the bright side look like, LD?

Puppies and rainbows 0.26190476190476 26.2% [ 11 ]
Gold and jewels and shiny cars 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 3 ]
People who I love and care about 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 12 ]
Friends and family 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 7 ]
Jedi's. The bright side is filled with Jedi's. 0.21428571428571 21.4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 42 ]
< 1 2

Beloved Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Eisefin

• Really? No one thought of this video?
          Really? Well, ********.

I love this song so much. heart

Anxious Conversationalist

To be honest, and this might sound corny, I find the beauty of nature to be a bright side of life.
There are times when I'm just ridig the bus after a long day, and I look out the window and sun is setting and the sky is all orange and pink, and that makes me feel nice inside, even if it doesn't change anything else.
Just yesterday I had to wait half an hour to be picked up, and the sum was setting against a tree and a helicopter was just going by, black on orange. I like those kinds of things.

Dangerous Seeker

12,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Loiterer 100
I have to admit I'm not the most optimistic of persons.

But I do have a few things that help me see the bright side. Meditation, art, writing, seeing family and friends. Also, I need to have a project that I'm excited about, even when life is otherwise very hectic or stressful events are occurring.
Nature helps. Walking around a field or a mountain not surrounded by civilization is a great relaxer. Humans are strange creatures.

Girl-Crazy Gawker

I agree. Taking time out to sit quietly in nature is what helps me get by. It's time to sit and think, or not think at all and just relax. Time stops, birds sing and everything is calm.

You need to decide what is most important to you in life, and focus on that. For me, painting and being in nature. Having my dog next to me and chasing squirrels with her. Nothing else matters. Humans live such high-stress lifestyles for no good reason. I just want to live a calm life close to people I love, and as long as no one is hungry, cold or sick, then we're happy. It may sound simplistic to some, but you really can let go of stress. It's your choice to make. I accept that others want lots of money, fancy cars, lots of lovers, or mansion houses. I don't want any of that so there's no need to compete with them. I accept that others want to live fast paced lifestyles, and as such I don't slow them down. I step aside and watch them go. There's always something you can do in this world, even if you have to dig a little to find it.
My bright side is knowing that I can slow down and relax with my dog, no matter where we are or who we're with. If things get hectic I step outside, and just listen to the things I don't usually notice. Oh, we have flying squirrels in our tree outside. I always thought they were native to the jungles... now I feel silly but happy, cause I've always wanted to see one. <3

Familiar Poster

Gotta kidnap me a bunch of puppies.

Fashionable Hunter

zaptar13

That's irrefutably the best way to deal with problems. Bunches of puppies.

Familiar Poster

kakteed
zaptar13

That's irrefutably the best way to deal with problems. Bunches of puppies.
Failing school? No problem bunches of puppies. Feeling lonely? No problem! Bunches of puppies! Hungry on a deserted island? NO PROBLEM! BUNCHES OF PUPPIES!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff