Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yay GOLD!

+1 1 100.0% [ 136 ]
Total Votes:[ 136 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Bootiful Lia
vocalone
Anxiety, severe depression, borderline personality disorder, insomnia, PTSD, and dissociative disorder.

The PTSD and dissociation is a result of the abuse I received as a child. When I was 9 I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. At age 14 I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I take anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, and anti-psychotic for flashbacks and to help me sleep.

It has severely impacted my life.

How old are you now? How were you diagnosed with BPD at 14? Your personality is still developing and thus it isn't possible to accurately diagnose a personality disorder that young. I would get a second or even a third opinion on that.

I'm 21 now. I was committed to a psychiatric hospital, which was one of the best for adolescence, and except for the promiscuous behavior, the definition fit me well.

Traveler

16,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
PTSD, and it hindered my social life. But I'm not going to let it anymore, it sucks to be alone out of fear!

Magical Lover

11,575 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Yep! Adult ADHD....It really put a big wrench in in my academics, social relationships, and work related ordeals.

I am currently taking medication and my symptoms have greatly improved. :3
I've been diagnosed with anxiety, depression and PMDD.
I come from an asian family, and they didn't really dig the whole psychiatric disorder thing. I think they were in denial when I mentioned I might have something. In the end they accepted it, and now I really owe my mom for how much she's helped me through my hard times.
I noticed symptoms in late elementary school and continued to worsen through high school. I saw my first psychologist when I was in 7th grade, and I didn't think she was great. I remember one session she started falling asleep~! Thankfully I met this other psychiatrist through the hospital where my mom works and she was amazing. I don't see her anymore, because I feel that I have developed the right coping skills and insight in my life. I still see a psychiatrist now, but I have recently decided to stop my meds since I felt that they altered my concentration. Definitely something that you need in your 3rd year of college.
I personally think it's a good choice to accept that you have psychiatric disorders. Denial is just not helping anyone.
ptsd and agoraphobia.

It has made life...difficult. When I was younger I was extremely awkward, I was always different personality-wise anyhow, but the events that caused the ptsd made it hard to concentrate in school, hard to connect with people. Hard to feel safe, even to feel a sense of home and belonging. I've improved a lot over the years, but I still have horrible anxiety. Over the last year I've gotten better about the panic attacks, but it's a process. The idea of learning to relax and deal with situations that cause anxiety is simple, but doing it takes time and can be frustrating and sometimes difficult.

Invisible Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
i've had more diagnosies than i can shake a stick at.

BPD, bipolar 2, chronic depression, social anxiety, DID, PTSD, panic attacks (not sure if that's a disorder, but whatever), GID.

off the top of my head.

Dapper Dabbler

Hiei the Epic

BPD, bipolar 2, chronic depression, social anxiety, DID, PTSD, panic attacks (not sure if that's a disorder, but whatever), GID.

off the top of my head.

How can one have bipolar and depression at the same time?

Invisible Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Song of the Century
Hiei the Epic

off the top of my head.

not depression. chronic depression. it's a different kind of diagnosis. if i recall correctly, it means you've had debilitating depression for an extensive amount of time. years.

Dapper Dabbler

Hiei the Epic
Song of the Century
Hiei the Epic

off the top of my head.

not depression. chronic depression. it's a different kind of diagnosis. if i recall correctly, it means you've had debilitating depression for an extensive amount of time. years.

Yeah, but doesn't bipolar sort of cover that? If you're just depressed, how can you be bipolar 2, which switches between depression and hypomania?

Invisible Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Song of the Century
Hiei the Epic
Song of the Century
Hiei the Epic

off the top of my head.

Yeah, but doesn't bipolar sort of cover that? If you're just depressed, how can you be bipolar 2, which switches between depression and hypomania?
no, bipolar 2 just means you're more depressive than manic. i believe bipolar 1 is more manic than depressive.

the chronic depression part further explains the degree of that depression. not just whether you have depression at all.

1,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
I've been diagnosed with major depression but my psychiatrist wants to test me with some neuropsychological test (or some type of psychological testing) to see what I really have I guess.. my therapist has told me that I have some symptoms of schizoid personality disorder and add. I dunno though, there's a lot going on in my head and I guess I'll find out what it is within the next month hopefully.

Distinct Gekko

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Song of the Century
Hiei the Epic
Song of the Century
Hiei the Epic

off the top of my head.

Depression can be a symptom of being Bipolar. Depression, anxiety, etc, can all be smaller symptoms leading to a larger problem like a disorder.

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Borderline Personality Disorder.
General anxiety disorder/social anxiety. I'm on meds for it. It's far from easy, but I think I'm coping all right.

Friendly Fatcat

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
Depression and manic depression (bipolar)

It used to effect me really badly, I'd be top of the world to the point of being hysterical . The next I'd be wanting to die.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff