Welcome to Gaia! ::

From creating actors in movies to controlling Nuclear Weapson, Do you think someday the entire world will be run by computers and the average joe will be unemployed?
This is more suited to C&T Tech Talk. Please PM a mod and ask them to move this topic.
Only if you want the actors to be robots.

I don't think computers will be able to emulate human emotions, creativity, or be able to adapt like humans can.

And listen to Pepsi.
Mostly. But I think there will always be people aroun to check on the computers and ensure that they aren't going to blow up or something. Computers can do a lot, but they can't do something without us telling them to. And even if they could, they would be limited because they would lack basic creativity and ingenuity, and only go with the bare necessities.

Basically, although we may become reliant on computers and have them do just about anything, we'll still have to be around to tell them what to do in the first place.
i hope not, but more than likely they will, i think the earth is going to the dogs if the comps run everything.
Anataya
Mostly. But I think there will always be people aroun to check on the computers and ensure that they aren't going to blow up or something. Computers can do a lot, but they can't do something without us telling them to. And even if they could, they would be limited because they would lack basic creativity and ingenuity, and only go with the bare necessities.

Basically, although we may become reliant on computers and have them do just about anything, we'll still have to be around to tell them what to do in the first place.
Please don't post here as it bumps the topic to the top and more people will post, as it is in the wrong forum.
Pepsi flavoured Coke
Anataya

Please don't post here as it bumps the topic to the top and more people will post, as it is in the wrong forum.

It's in the right generic forum. When a mod comes by and moves it to Tech Talk, the whole thread will go there, including all of the replies.
Kyo Makino
Pepsi flavoured Coke
Anataya

It's in the right generic forum. When a mod comes by and moves it to Tech Talk, the whole thread will go there, including all of the replies.
I am aware everything will go there, I used to mod some phpBB boards, I'm just saying it is in the wrong place, it belongs in the C&T subforum, so that people with actual problems threads' will be noticed rather than this.

6,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
I hope so. And if the average joe is unemployed, ******** them; who wants to pay you for not doing anything worthwhile? "creating jobs" when they're not needed is like giving money away, so ******** humans, I would be glad to see them replaced.
i think by the time that computers take over the jobs of average shmoes, then i think that programming and maintainance of the systems would be the latest average joe job, so really jobs are a vicious cycle, and there will always be a want for hand made quality, it will motivates people to become masters at their trade, it will most likely increase the quality of work
i think by the time that computers take over the jobs of average shmoes, then i think that programming and maintainance of the systems would be the latest average joe job, so really jobs are a vicious cycle, and there will always be a want for hand made quality, it will motivates people to become masters at their trade, it will most likely increase the quality of work
Eh, if they do, I'll be pissed. But right now the human is in no danger of computers taking over everything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff