Welcome to Gaia! ::

There is alot of arguements on these boards about "Build your own Vs. Corperation machines."

I go with the Corps for warrenties smile
My computer just fried. Not like "the CD burner doesnt work" or "The power supply melted."

Somethng somewhere disconnected, I'm, assuming power supply related, and my whole tower was getting juice. I could feel current running through the ram. Not cool :/

So, my fried system is being replaced with a new/refurberished one. Huzzah!

Where as if I built it myself, i'd be SOL. And thats why some people go corperate.
When I was using prefab machines, I dreamed of the day I'd be able to build my own machine. I mean, just THINK ABOUT IT! None of the stuff you don't need, all of the stuff you want - no downside, right?

So about a year ago, I achieved my dream of making my system. It was awesome, it was fast, it was cheap; it was everything I dreamed of.

...sure, I couldn't install any operating system, but hey. Whatever. A replacement stick later, and I was rocking out again.

...four months later, it decided to stop turning on. I'm still not sure what happened, and I don't have enough money to fool around with it. I'm stuck back on my old Dell, and I'm really starting to appreciate the "it just works" philosophy behind most corporate machines. I think I may have been converted through my bad experiences...

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
elwin_windleaf
...four months later, it decided to stop turning on. I'm still not sure what happened, and I don't have enough money to fool around with it. I'm stuck back on my old Dell, and I'm really starting to appreciate the "it just works" philosophy behind most corporate machines. I think I may have been converted through my bad experiences...

Did you have a generic power supply? Those have a tendancy to do that. A new power supply would do, something from antec, thermaltake, or enlight should fit the bill:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153006

The easiest way to 'fix' a computer that won't turn on, btw.. is to unplug the machine first (just in case), and then unplug the power supply from the motherboard, wait a minute, and plug it back in. Plug back in the computer, and chances are it'll start again.

If you're having that sort of problem I HIGHLY recommend you replace your power supply.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff