Welcome to Gaia! ::

(Edit by Ryonin: sweatdrop sorry) DimSum32X .. Chop yours so you can get out of my gene pool ...

I've been using Windows 2000 Advanced Server since he came out (That's what ... 3 years now ?) I love it ... simply love it

Wierd note : from my experience ... the original English build are always more stable than the French one ... and that's worthy for every Windows since 3.11.
Which OS do you use?
WIN 2k Pro - main PC
98 SE - brother's PC hiwch I use when he hogs my PC
95 on my sister old old old compaq which I use when my sister and brother are using the toher 2 pcs

How long have you been using it?
2k = 2 years
98se = 5 years
95 = 8 years

Have you tried more than one?
other than windows yeah
DOS (command lines rules)
Linux/Unix (command line rules)
MAC OS = not bery much though

Why do you prefer one over the other?
I just like WIN 2K Pro cause its a great OS for networking, but as soon as 2003 has had a few clean SPs out I will be convering
Mac OS X Panther, I use it because... Windows blows, I got sick and tired of using Windows, so I bought a Mac, and I've never been happier... now only if my grades would go up... >.<

Toxic Hellhound

Quote:
Which OS do you use?
How long have you been using it?
Have you tried more than one?
Why do you prefer one over the other?

I'm a compyutah nerdling... Right now my two main computers are both WinXP Pro, and I simply love it. Before that I used Win 2000, Win 98, and my "first" computer (that was my own really) was 3.1 lol...

My parents though are pretty computer-illiterate though... they like things SIMPLE and easy to use... so I grew up with them getting macs. Actually my first computer was a Commodore 64, that thing rocked my pants.

When I use a Mac I feel like it was designed for retarded people (no offense). It IRRITATES me. I can deal with it when I'm doing graphics in a lab at college... and all the PC labs are full... but otherwise get it away from me. I have to get into this certain mentality when using it that irks me. I can't really explain much more than that...
Mac OS X all the way. I like Macintosh computers because they are so much easier to understand than the WIndows imitation. Windows computers would not even have a desktop if they didn't steal the idea from Apple..
Which OS do you use? winxp pro
How long have you been using it? about 2 years
Have you tried more than one? win 3.1, win95, win 98se, debian linux, I used a mac once
Why do you prefer one over the other? xp runs well enough and plays most games, and it doesn't have a fit if I leave it on for a week downloading off of emule biggrin
i use a modifide 2000
I use WinXP Pro on my laptop, WinXP Home on my desktop, and the other computers in the house have WinME whichs blows

I've never had any problems with Windows XP except when I tried messing with the kernel to change my boot screen. That ended in disaster. WinXP Pro is the best by far and i've been using XP since its release
i think i'd like to use Linux, its seems really good and windows, and when i say window i mean microsoft, is evil and makes me have a craptacular computer. so yeah, one day...just not sure which version.
I use windows XP and 2000 and SuSE Linux (just upgraded to 9) the most.

As for how long well they depend basically since they have come out.

Have I used anything else yes I am a computer tech, ex system admin and ex computer consultant aka rent a tech. Which means I have touched most everything that is around. From AS400 to Linux to Mac to Windows to Novell.

Well I prefer Linux because you can custom almost anything you want because my Linux boxes go down only when I break them. Because it's free and because I don't feel like what I'm doing is going to be sent to some big brother boy out there.

I use Windows because it's the industry standard lets face it the majority of the people are on it and the places I go usually have it. Plus some of the games I play run on it.

What I really want is to get a new Powerbook with Panther. Unix and Mac I have played with it and read about it but to actually have one would be nice. Of course I don't have the cash for it right now, damn new car.... anyway...
avid windows xp pro user, imho..i think macs are the best for production type of work (photoshop, movie making, audio). but it lacks the support for the games that i love to play.
It's Mac OSX for me. (10.2.8 - The second version)

I do a bit of 3d rendering every now and again, and the program runs a lot faster on the Mac.

Also the fact that I like *nix based systems but still like to be able to use a mouse.

Oh, yeah. And the whole stablility thing is a /big/ selling point.
Zephyr Konani
It's Mac OSX for me. (10.2.8 - The second version)

I do a bit of 3d rendering every now and again, and the program runs a lot faster on the Mac.

Also the fact that I like *nix based systems but still like to be able to use a mouse.

Oh, yeah. And the whole stablility thing is a /big/ selling point.

are you using a window manger on *nix systems? I mean mine works fine with a USB mouse.
I use the new Apple OS X "Panther" system. Like it because I never have any real serious problems and the only application on it that I have problems with is just AOL.
I use XP because it, well....came with the computer. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces