Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which OS do you use?

Mainly Windows NT 5.0 (more commonly known as Windows 2000)

How long have you been using it?

2 years

Have you tried more than one?

I have used quite a few operating system but 99.99% of the time use Windows NT 5.0

Why do you prefer one over the other?

Because it's not Falsly marketed and there is no major bias about it. It's a great operating system that works well with almost all hardware. It's also slightly faster because of slightly better memory management and memory capibilities.

It's easy to use, Plug And Play (Or pray), It's MS it was designed to be compactable with non MS things (something IBM should have thought about all those years ago =P), Virtually never crashes... actually i can not remember it EVER crashing o.O!

It does not have too many things working in background and no extra (stupid) accessories running which you rarely ever use. It's the most open version of Windows there is. It has the highly relieable windows NT 5.0 Kernal at the center of it. Also... it costs almost nothing to maintain and is not fragmented like hell. Blah blah blah....

I could go on forever why I think Windows 2K is alot better but I'm not going to.... am I o.O?

javaman20
dude i will use any OS, Mac9/X.3, win9x/2000/xp, luinx, whatever i just won't use ME and NT they can go to hell, go to hell and die

you'll use Windows 2000 and Windows XP but not windows NT... does not compute.... Windows 2000 (AKA Windows NT 5.0) And Windows XP (AKA Windows NT 5.1)... Please Explain razz .

U-235
Kiretsu

Really? I didn't know they had silicon chips in the late 1800's. I thought those were invented around the WWII era.

Thanks for the history lesson.

Silicon (TM) chips were in fact the snack of preference for Civil War soldiers out on the field. It was produced by the Industrial North, which was premise for the war to begin; they wouldn't share the chips with the South, so they seceeded to Union to go forth and produce their own chips. Unable to engineer anything better, they lost the war.

Nice to see people allways thought that all Silicon Chips were Microchips. Microchips were made because USA needed a computer small enough to fit into a spacerocket but powerful enough to calculate the required vectors and projectors to succesfully hit the moon. After all, all they need was to send an astonut aimlessly into Space now... would not be to good would it. So they invented the microchip via a useful Doping technique on Silicon.
Im currently using 2 OS's right now seeing as i have 2 compys next to eachother
Mac OSX
and Windows XP

well there well better than 98 and hell of a lot user freindly wich i like and the desktop themes are nice :L alhtough i hated xp wen it first came out but now its ok
ive used 98 for 3 years and then xp and osx for a year and a bit and i definatly wont like going back to win 98 smile
okay... In order of apperance... bold accounts for current.

DOS 5.0, 6.0, 6.2, 6.22
Windows 3.0, 3.1, 3.11, 95, 95B, 98, ME Beta, ME, 2000 Beta, 2000, XP Beta, XP

(doesn't go in the timeframs though)
Linux RedHat, Mandrake 7.0, 7.1, 8.0, 8.1, 9.0, 9.1 (webserver, standalone)

This in a timeframe of about 12 years... (feb 1991).

In server enviroments I prefer Linux over Windows Server 2003, although 2003 is a lot easier to manage.

In desktop enviroments I prefer XP over ....everything since it's a lot easier to manage and actually make do what you really intend to do with it as supposed to having to halfly know programming just to get the other OS's to stop acting funny.
windows Xp, mainly because it uses ram efficiently, and seeing as how i have an Xp processor from amd, it turns out great. i have used windows 95/98/me also. personaly...'me' sux... cant manager ram. 98 was good, 95 was like 98, but a little worse. been using xp since it came out.
I use Mac OS 10.2.8 (i have 10.3, havent installed it yet) and i've been using it for a long time and um, i use it because it's sooo much better than windows...my brother has linux and unix and mac os 10 and other things. and my OTHER brother has a PC for gaming.
R3sistance
Which OS do you use?

Mainly Windows NT 5.0 (more commonly known as Windows 2000)

2 years

I have used quite a few operating system but 99.99% of the time use Windows NT 5.0

Because it's not Falsly marketed and there is no major bias about it. It's a great operating system that works well with almost all hardware. It's also slightly faster because of slightly better memory management and memory capibilities.

It's easy to use, Plug And Play (Or pray), It's MS it was designed to be compactable with non MS things (something IBM should have thought about all those years ago =P), Virtually never crashes... actually i can not remember it EVER crashing o.O!

It does not have too many things working in background and no extra (stupid) accessories running which you rarely ever use. It's the most open version of Windows there is. It has the highly relieable windows NT 5.0 Kernal at the center of it. Also... it costs almost nothing to maintain and is not fragmented like hell. Blah blah blah....

I could go on forever why I think Windows 2K is alot better but I'm not going to.... am I o.O?

javaman20
dude i will use any OS, Mac9/X.3, win9x/2000/xp, luinx, whatever i just won't use ME and NT they can go to hell, go to hell and die

you'll use Windows 2000 and Windows XP but not windows NT... does not compute.... Windows 2000 (AKA Windows NT 5.0) And Windows XP (AKA Windows NT 5.1)... Please Explain razz .

U-235
Kiretsu

Really? I didn't know they had silicon chips in the late 1800's. I thought those were invented around the WWII era.

Thanks for the history lesson.

Silicon (TM) chips were in fact the snack of preference for Civil War soldiers out on the field. It was produced by the Industrial North, which was premise for the war to begin; they wouldn't share the chips with the South, so they seceeded to Union to go forth and produce their own chips. Unable to engineer anything better, they lost the war.

Nice to see people allways thought that all Silicon Chips were Microchips. Microchips were made because USA needed a computer small enough to fit into a spacerocket but powerful enough to calculate the required vectors and projectors to succesfully hit the moon. After all, all they need was to send an astonut aimlessly into Space now... would not be to good would it. So they invented the microchip via a useful Doping technique on Silicon.

*bows down* its about time i worship you eek mrgreen
Windows XP
3 years
Yes
Cause of the simplicity
Windows 2000 Pro ..o.o it's better (lmao) o_o jk ..I use it because the majroity of leading software for multitrack recording is designed for windows ..especially the software I prefer

Only -ONE- good audio program for the mac only.. and that's Sonic Studio >< why lord.. did they have to be mac only

on a little side note o.o if I was doing graphics.. I'd choose IRIX though.. not Mac
Ryonin

For instance, I love the organization of opened windows, but I'm kinda annoyed by the grouping condensing. Some things I do require opening a lot of browser windows, and it really bogs it down when it decided they should all be chunked into one tab.

There is an option in Windows XP as to wheter group the start bar buttons or not.
Ryonin
Which OS do you use?

Mac OS X Panther (10.3)

Ryonin

Panther, just since this weekend, but I'm a Mac user since 1998. Though I have become a fully fledge Mac user in 2001, the year that I bought my first Mac, a Power Mac G4 to be precise.

Ryonin

Windows : 3.1 / 95 / 2000 / XP
Mac OS : 8.x / 9.x

Ryonin

I really like Mac OS X because of his easy interface (not to mention is beauty blaugh ), his great stability, his Unix core (though I still haven't learn my way around the Terminal crying ). Apple have created a gem with the version 10 of their OS.

Long live Aqua 3nodding !
I use windows cause most of the games I play are not available for max or linux.

Darkshimmer's Husbando

Devoted Gaian

38,700 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Partygoer 500
I use Windows 98 on my computer and I like it fine, I know people who think its a bit outdated and that might be, but I prefer it over the other Operating systems that has been put out by Microsoft. Hey, as long as I can get on the net I am dandy.

A friend of mine had Win XP on her computer and got nailed with the blaster worm. I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't because my OS was Win 98. She put on Win 98 after that and so far so good.

I've used Win 98 second edition since 1998-1999. biggrin

3,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
Im using Windows XP right now. I have used all the windows OS since, i think, 3.1. Somewhat looking into Linux, dont know much about it tho. If anyone have some good info on it, PM me.
I use both WinXP Professional and Mac OS/X

I have used every version of windows and nearly every version of Mac OS
I have also Used Redhat Linux (Fun to play with biggrin )

As far as my prefrence its a tie between WinXP and OS/X

Eternal Prophet

hmmm i have bin using windows form years now all though i prefer linux before anything else because its so much better

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff