Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Tactician

Due to a large number of duplicate threads, this subject has been created.

So...
Which OS do you use?
How long have you been using it?
Have you tried more than one?
Why do you prefer one over the other?

Redundant threads will be removed.
Ohh yes, now maybe the spawn will die off. xd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yay!!!!

I use Mac OS X 10.3. I love it to death. Been using Macs for nearly 12 years, if not longer now. I did do PC tech support work for the majority of a year, and got even more scared by them.

I prefer it because it does what I need it to do.
I use both Windows and MacOS.

Right now, I'm on my laptop (Powerbook G4) running MacOS 10.2.8 (haven't got Panther yet sad ), but my PC back at home has WinXP Professional running on it.

I use two because I use them for different things. My laptop I use for my graphic work, and it's convenient to carry to school, work or at home. Whereas my PC I use almost exclusively for gaming and I built it myself. So it's not too expensive and runs the OS that supports more games. smile

I have likes and dislikes about both OS's, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with MacOS. Mainly because of the fact it's so stable and has little to no security flaws. biggrin
I use Win 2k

basicly no reason, it's just the best for my networking stuff.

but i'm also planning to install *nix for educational purposes, and would like to have it doing everything i can do in windows, or theres no point.

I am also planing on a Mac, for convenences sake, it's gona be a laptop.

of and IT support rules sweatdrop i just love the nitty gritty of PC's and the challenge of solving thase problems that plauge most windows users sweatdrop
Ryonin
Due to a large number of duplicate threads, this subject has been created.

So...
Which OS do you use?

Use various Windows products:
Win2003Server Beta (Enterprise Ed.)
Win2000Pro/Server (for basic use)
Win98SE (for legacy applications)

I use Windows because I've had the most training on it and feel most comfortable using it thusly.

EDIT: And thank you for sticky threading this, Ryonin! You're a saint!

Dapper Tactician

sweatdrop
As you see, my name has been up top there for quite a while..
Don't thank me... I've been neglecting this section a bit too often.

Anyways...
I'm currently using WinXP
I just switched over from Win98 about a week ago...
I'm still getting used to it, and I have a lot of things that I have to organise and get rid of from my old install.
I like it, overall.
But there are some things I don't like.
For instance, I love the organization of opened windows, but I'm kinda annoyed by the grouping condensing. Some things I do require opening a lot of browser windows, and it really bogs it down when it decided they should all be chunked into one tab. sweatdrop
Ryonin
sweatdrop
As you see, my name has been up top there for quite a while..
Don't thank me... I've been neglecting this section a bit too often.

Anyways...
I'm currently using WinXP
I just switched over from Win98 about a week ago...
I'm still getting used to it, and I have a lot of things that I have to organise and get rid of from my old install.
I like it, overall.
But there are some things I don't like.
For instance, I love the organization of opened windows, but I'm kinda annoyed by the grouping condensing. Some things I do require opening a lot of browser windows, and it really bogs it down when it decided they should all be chunked into one tab. sweatdrop

Yeah, the condensing/consolidating of some of the configuration tools/options menus kinda cheeses me off too.
Which OS do you use?
Windows XP Pro on my desktop and Home on my laptop

Over a year now, I'm very satisfied with XO. It has only crashed once due to my own stupidity, and the ctrl-alt-del/close frozen program works like a charm.

95, 98, ME, XP

After ME came out I was ready to hire a hitman to take out Bill Gates.. slowly... with a rusty butter knife... but with XP, I just burned my ME cd and forgive him... for now

Aged Noob

I use Windows 2000 Server because im learning how to do home networking and i want to use my laptop for a server, the only thing is that it doesnt have a big enough hard drive and i need a job sad
woohoo! hopefully this'll kill all those threads that keep popping up....hopefully.

running Windows XP Pro at work.
running Windows 2000 Pro at home.

prefere Win2k just cause i think XP is as ugly as Joan Rivers after she wakes up.

I've been using 2k Pro for about 2 years now. XP I just started using it a few months ago. before that, it was 98SE and that was for probably atleast 2 years.

yes, I'm a M$ whore, but that's what I've grown up with so that's what I use. I'm looking into trying out Linux..probably Red Hat or Mandrake, but I hate the concept of dual booting so I gotta go get a cheapy box to play with. hrm. I think that answers all the questions.
Until I realized who made the thread I just thought someone was trying to make Kiretsu cry wink

I use XP at the moment, my list of OS's used:

Slackware 8.2, 9.0 (Considering a subscription)
Windows 3.11, 95, 98, NT, ME, XP (I haven't gotten a chance with 2K)
openBSD 3.3 (Gonna try 3.4 sometime soon)

Sadly I haven't been able to try out any of the MacOS sad

Dangerous Trader

Ryonin
Which OS do you use?

I currently use MacOS 9.2

Ryonin

about 2 years now

Ryonin

Yeah, I've messed around with all sorts of windows and MacOS. I've tried to install a version of BeOS once... didn't work.

Ryonin

I like a system that isn't designed specifically to thwart me in doing cool stuff. Thank you Apple for ResEdit.

Ryonin

My beautiful posts.... They're melting.... MELTING!!!

how long: 2 years

ohters: xp home

prefer: 64mb, more handling, more options
Pit Scorpion

how long: 2 years

ohters: xp home

prefer: 64mb, more handling, more options

64 MB?
That's not much RAM..

I think I know what you mean but I'm no expert.

That would be the architecture (if that's the correct word, I'm not into hardware) and I don't think it's MBs? Or is it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff