Welcome to Gaia! ::

I primarily use OSX (10.3) but I also run NT (for an old 4 x pentium pro IBM server) XP (laptop and pc tower) and linux. Linux limited to knoppix as I keep having to use windows on my laptop and not wanting to dual boot. I like OS X. I don't know why. I have only been using it since the summer. I even used to be a mac basher. I love the OS though. The hardware? no complaints. Software? great. Company? still not sure. Apple has some policies I don't like, but then again so does Microsoft. I'd use linux alone if I weren't lazy, had the time anyways to configure and set up everything I would need to (that means software also) and didn't have OS dependent softare. Why do I prefer OS X though? I don't know. This sounds dumb, real dumb actually, but I just felt more comfortable with it than windows, the operating system I had used from 3.1 on up to XP.
i have jaguar and i dont think that panther is such a needed thing 4 me 2 buy for my G4. im getting a G5 soon so that will have panther, but i see little difference between the 2
I use Windows XP for most of my stuff, however I have experance in Win98/Me and 2000 and several versions of Linux
I use windows XP simply because I have to share my computer with my entire family and anything else would confuse them.
I use windows xp and like it for its compatibility but hate it for its # of problems(i dont mean security because they are the most used OS and because of that script kiddies are drawn to attack it) I dont like the lack of control windows has. I have been looking into linux and even have a copy of knoppix, but i want to get a more permanent OS. I have been suggested Mandrake but would like more opinions.
Hmm... I'm kinda new... but lets get started eh?
I use windows XP home addition and I dun like it to much... it's a bit to user friendly...
I like Linux but the problem with it is it has many incompatable programs and such... even though there is the windows emulator for it and such...
I'd have to stick with windows 2000 for a good OS right now... maybe in the near future there will be something better.

Cyaz, Shima
I use Mac OS 8.6, and I don't prefer it over others. T-T;;; Linux has better compatibility than this thing does. N-not that I'm bashing Linux, or anything. >_>;
Which OS do you use?
Windows 2000

How long have you been using it?
3 years

Have you tried more than one?
I started at DOS 3.1
Ive used windows 95(abc), 98, 98SE, w2k, XP (+Pro),
win2k Advanced Server, win2k3

Why do you prefer one over the other?

Win2000 - it doesnt have the crap that XP does.
Love it or hate it - it rules my PC.
I'm currently using XP Pro on this system, and 2k server on the other.

Been using it since a bit after release, so about 2 years now.

I have used dos, 3.3, 5, 6.X, windows 3.1, 3.11, 95 (A, B, and C), Win98, win98 SE, Win ME (Gag), Win NT (3.5 and 4.0), Win 2k pro and server), XP (home and pro), Mac OS 7.5.5, 9, 10, Linux Caldera and Red Hat (prefer Caldera's Gui), so Unix and Cisco.

My favorite would have to be 2000 actually, XP has way to much pain in the butt changes for networking, and 98 didn't have enough security though it was easy to set up on everything. ME was lame.
I have win 98. I like it. UnLIKE YOU WIN ME!! DEATH TO THEE EVIL OS! blaugh Wuhahahaa!!

*Monitor falls on her head* stressed

sweatdrop Heh heh xp
id love to move to linX SuSe its the best around, but its Xp for me at the mo, the interfasc and compatablility is still the best, but i dunno about my next pc. Linx is rising up HOme of my like
also, thers no Office for Suse thats whts realy holding me back
I perfur to use win 89se for a few reasons it's the most stable of os's out there and it's easy to work with and most everything that you could run can run though win98se.
I haven't had many problems with windows XP- certainly better than millenium edition- the only real problem I had was with some log file errors caused by my HP printer which seem to be preventing me from loading my scanner stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff