Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you use as your main system / what is your gender?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on February 7, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Linux for now, but it's likely to change to freeBSD. Windows, when needed.
I'm guy.

Generous Grabber

15,125 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Female OS X user.

These numbers are interesting as far as the girls using OS X goes. While this is not a statistically valid study, the number of female OS X users on Gaia is much higher than I expected.
I've considered installing FreeBSD just to have something else to play with.
FreeBSd is fun ... I install it on my secondary machine now and again to play with
grundal
FreeBSd is fun ... I install it on my secondary machine now and again to play with

Mostly, to be honest, to mess with the webserver aspects of it. Having installed Linux, I'm.... not really impressed with the stability versus XP.
Levilprivateer
grundal

Mostly, to be honest, to mess with the webserver aspects of it. Having installed Linux, I'm.... not really impressed with the stability versus XP.
I've never had stability problems on any operating system ... least not since I installed some bad drivers on win2k ... I'm either very lucky ... or just have been building/getting good computers
Male and don't fit. My main OS at home is a heavily modified Linux. At work Windows. Currently getting used to MacOS X and have installed Solaris X and FreeBSD 5.3 and plan to port my app I am working on in my free time (currently Linux and Windows) to all of them.
i'm a boy, and i dual boot linux and windows on my main machine.
Hm...at the moment, boys seem to be (almost) even with Mac OS and Windows, both are higher than the girls' of same systems...
I mean, I use OS X, and I'm a guy.
Mac Guy
Hm...at the moment, boys seem to be (almost) even with Mac OS and Windows, both are higher than the girls' of same systems...

OMG you are sooooo.... my heroe, I haven't met a guy who uses Mac OS X yet, do you own a mac and if so what kind?
I am female and I use Windows and Linux.

I use a Linux live CD at school but recently got caught. sweatdrop

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Jabumx
Mac Guy

OMG you are sooooo.... my heroe, I haven't met a guy who uses Mac OS X yet, do you own a mac and if so what kind?

I do too razz G4 dual 800 / cinema display here.
WWLink
Jabumx
Mac Guy

I do too razz G4 dual 800 / cinema display here.

i love macs! well I have a imac G3... not much but we're saving up for the Mac mini w/ the 16" screen wireless keyboard and mouse, do you have an ipod?
I am a guy. I curently use windows.
but I am familiar with MacOSX, GNX. And now will be testing windows 3.1 smile
ok, so most of you guys who are familiar with the Mac OS X system what version do you currently have, and does any one have the new Tiger edition? I have the OS X 10.3.7....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff