Welcome to Gaia! ::

Since so many people use Winamp here, can someone ecplain something to me. When I was re-downloading it the other day, I noticed that Winamp 2.91 had a lot more downloads than 2.91 Full and 5.08 Full.

Is there something wrong with the full versions or the latter versions?

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
most people don't need the extra options that come with full and V5 is a hog for resources at times
Windows Media Player 10.

I used RealPlayer for a while when WMP wouldn't play anything. Then, one day, I upgraded to WMP 10 in a fit of boredom, and it started working again. I switched back pretty fast, having the controls on the taskbar is too good to pass up. I use it for copying music onto my mp3 player, too. 64 Kbps WMA is a decent quality and small file size. Let me get 160 songs onto 384 MB of memory. Still upgrading to a mini hard drive player soon, though.
WMP with WME to stream my own radio biggrin
winamp 2.92.
Winamp 5.08

Hilarious Businesswoman

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
I use iTunes most of the time because I have all of my albums there. Though, I have music files associated with Winamp 5.04 for when I download a clip from the Web.

Kyo Makino
I noticed that Winamp 2.91 had a lot more downloads than 2.91 Full and 5.08 Full.

Is there something wrong with the full versions or the latter versions?

This is because Winamp got really bloated and slow after version 2. My computer handles the later versions fine, but many people have a delay of a few seconds when loading files.

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I just use Windows Media Player.
I've got afew installed, but I usually use Jetaudio these days. I might check out this Foobar thing.
I use Winamp modern and classic (thank you, skins).
I only use Windows Media Player and Windows Media Player Classic for video clips and such.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff