Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is the best but cheapest video card out there sweatdrop
That's a tough question. You can get some good ATI and Radion graphic cards on www.ebay.com .
What's yer budget and what are you going to be doing with the card? Also, PCI-Express or AGP?
Diamond Multimedia V770 is the best, no question about that.
IMHO, ATI is a waste of money
(incomplete OpenGL implementation, horrible Drivers)

I use a GeForce FX 5700, very cheap and compatible,
but not very fast (i would need a Hi-End card, which costs a lot)
ChouchoCelia

"Diamond V770 Ultra TNT2 32MB AGP Video Card"

TNT2 is _very_ outdated, you must be kidding xp
Taka_Todo
IMHO, ATI is a waste of money
(incomplete OpenGL implementation, horrible Drivers)

I use a GeForce FX 5700, very cheap and compatible,
but not very fast (i would need a Hi-End card, which costs a lot)

You talk about ATI being a waste of money, yet you own a FX series card which has pathetic DirectX 9 performance.

Though, mind telling me in what ways ATI's OpenGL implementation is incomplete?

Also horrible drivers? ATI has a Microsoft certified driver released each month, Nvidia is lucky to have 3 or more certified drivers in a whole year.
if you don't play game, best cheapest 2d card out there is:
Diamond Stealth 64

if your after a card which has 3d capabilities + excellent 2d quality, the one and only card you should be getting --> Matrox Parhelia (its not cheap though :p)

A good and cheap 3d card:
(dx8.1) --> Ati Radeon 9100
(dx9) ---> Radeon 9600 PRO
Best performance per buck is the ATI 9800 Pro.. make sure it's 256-bit and not the crappy 128-bit.

If you're not really into games.. you can get the nv3X line.. AKA the GeForce FX 5XXX cards. They pretty much bottomed out in price since no gamer in their right mind would buy it.
Taka_Todo
ChouchoCelia

"Diamond V770 Ultra TNT2 32MB AGP Video Card"

TNT2 is _very_ outdated, you must be kidding xp

He never specified what the card was for, what his budget was, or anything else I could use for a reasonable suggestion. So I gave him the best card I had in the late 90's. It was cheap enough for me back then, and it was really great in performance. I've answered his question rather well.

Plus, I'm an a**!

=D
blazer78
if your after a card which has 3d capabilities + excellent 2d quality, the one and only card you should be getting --> Matrox Parhelia (its not cheap though

WHY IS IT SO DAMN EXPENSIVE?!?!?!! eek
Toonytony
blazer78
if your after a card which has 3d capabilities + excellent 2d quality, the one and only card you should be getting --> Matrox Parhelia (its not cheap though

Because it's for professional work, not for the consumer market.
Forget the fx range, if you are straped for cash, the gefo4 Ti range is the way to go for budge. If you have some extra green the 9x00 (6+) is what you want.
ChouchoCelia
Toonytony
blazer78

Because it's for professional work, not for the consumer market.

oh......makes sense now.

Conservative Hunter

Well i have a 5900XT and it is 128MB and 256 Bit and I can't find it at newegg.com any more. gonk but i love it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff