Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

Lanackse-Kanvae
It's not so much a cure, but Drinking a Human A-F potion from Skin Tyte will turn you back into a Human. They're only 100 gold and they even do potions that turn you into other things if you want.

Yeah I think I'll avoid the other things potions, lol. I was gonna throw on my jolly hat and stuff when christmas time rolls around for the hell of it, but didn't care for the vampire look in the process razz

Edit: So is this thing the reason halo's no longer seem to be all that unique? Cause there sure seem to be a lot of halo's in circulation these days.

Aged Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Apparently pink links (which are now pink glowing gift boxes?) have been largely adjusted for inflation as well...

Hallowed Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I have to admit that the hyperinflation is a bit of a worry if only because we've seen what happens to real currencies that hyperinflate (the German Mark in the 30s and the Zimbabwean Dollar are prime examples) but it can easily apply to a virtual currency as much as a real one.

When the two are tied...... this has never been seen and I hope never to see it outside of stock footage. Hey it has something in common with a ******** nuclear bomb.
Lanackse-Kanvae
I have to admit that the hyperinflation is a bit of a worry if only because we've seen what happens to real currencies that hyperinflate (the German Mark in the 30s and the Zimbabwean Dollar are prime examples) but it can easily apply to a virtual currency as much as a real one.

When the two are tied...... this has never been seen and I hope never to see it outside of stock footage. Hey it has something in common with a ******** nuclear bomb.
Gaia Gold has no influence over people's real lives. There are no mouths to feed with it. Even if Gaias economy collapses entirely i doubt anything noteworthy will happen.

Hallowed Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The20
Lanackse-Kanvae

Gaia Gold has no influence over people's real lives. There are no mouths to feed with it. Even if Gaias economy collapses entirely i doubt anything noteworthy will happen.

It would not surprise me if people sold accounts off to make money.

Aged Lunatic

Lanackse-Kanvae
It would not surprise me if people sold accounts off to make money.

Don't give me ideas, I'm sure 6 figure account ID's and below are worth a pretty penny these days razz
Gaia account trading I'm sure has existed pre Boxxy. I wonder how much her account would go for.

Benevolent Borg

13,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
What would have happened if Gaia decided to say (paraphrased), "******** no, we're not handing out any more gold, what's in the market place is what's left." and done so? I'm no economist but it seems like that would solve the underlying problems behind the marketplace right nyow.

Smitten Kitten

I'm just waiting for the GoFusion thing to become more popular. For the first couple weeks I was treating those charms like a new currency and got all sorts of stuff by trading them away. But Gaia hasn't updated it much since and it's growing stagnant.
Gold is pretty useless to me now. The art forum is the stuff of nightmares.

Newbie Noob

Shade7510
What would have happened if Gaia decided to say (paraphrased), "******** no, we're not handing out any more gold, what's in the market place is what's left." and done so? I'm no economist but it seems like that would solve the underlying problems behind the marketplace right nyow.
You'd end up with a system where the oldbies would pray on the newbies. Oldbies would have the gold, and newbies would be required to purchase cash items to please us and let them have gold.

On a side notes, I just got 20 million from the event. Is 20 million so low that they can just give it away during an event?
Slutty_Eddie
Shade7510
You'd end up with a system where the oldbies would pray on the newbies. Oldbies would have the gold, and newbies would be required to purchase cash items to please us and let them have gold.

On a side notes, I just got 20 million from the event. Is 20 million so low that they can just give it away during an event?
On a good week i can make a million by daily chance alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff