Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm very, very pissed off at Time Warner cable. I cancelled my service back in May. I gave my friend my modem since I'm now on an ethernet network and don't need one. He asked me to call Time Warner and confirm that I'm no longer using the modem, and the automated system told me I owe them $300. They proceeded to tell me that I never cancelled my service. How has there not been serious riots? People riot against the government, why not cable?

Edit: After being barked at by various representatives and juggled around the lines for an hour, I finally got a very kind woman who transferred me to a very kind man who fixed my account. I've never been so anxious to submit a good review on a cable company representative before (that specific guy).

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Oh yeah, I've dealt with some phone company atrocities before. AT&T is one of the worst XD

To be honest I'm not too happy with Verizon either! I was looking forward to getting FIOS when I moved, except the prices are insane, and the speeds aren't all that great either. The pings are consistently lower than what I was getting on comcast, I'll give them that, but imgur is sooooooo slow. It's painfully slow! Like 100kbps slow! Awful! It totally ruined reddit :'(

And I got my first bill today. $91! 91 freaking bucks for this!

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
After everything I've seen about Verizon on reddit recently(such as the throttling of users with unlimited data), I've started drinking the Kool-Aid and now despise the company.

I'm stuck with AT&T right now even though I don't like them much either(although I'm not going too complain considering how lucky I am to even have a phone and plan right now.)

So far the only phone company that doesn't seem to suck is T-Mobile.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
The only alternative though is time warner here, and everyone that I tell that to freaks out and tells me to not even think about time warner. mrgreen

I'd be surprised if this house ever had internet service before though. Before the people we're renting from bought it (to rent), the previous owners had the house 50 years! The fios tech had to install a fiber drop and everything, and there's no cable service at all, just a satellite dish.

Everyday Cat

I'm such an otaku.

But a terrible chef. They turned out so bland. So very bland. I was too lazy to stuff them and regretted that too. So I made some chicken salad to at least eat on the side.
Scriptkitten
I'm such an otaku.

But a terrible chef. They turned out so bland. So very bland. I was too lazy to stuff them and regretted that too. So I made some chicken salad to at least eat on the side.

Usually I make a lot of mexican food, so I don't know what I'd call my self. I am actually latino, but not Mexican. I don't really care much for some of the food from Panama. I guess as a result of living in texas for a few years, I became addicted to the food.

Everyday Cat

Sir Leto
Scriptkitten
I'm such an otaku.

Usually I make a lot of mexican food, so I don't know what I'd call my self. I am actually latino, but not Mexican. I don't really care much for some of the food from Panama. I guess as a result of living in texas for a few years, I became addicted to the food.

This was my first serious attempt at Japanese cooking ever. I'll never make them again. Apparently my German stomach can't digest seaweed. Felt sick all day.
Also wasabi is nasty. I like spicy foods but I can't get past the taste of this crap... *sigh*

I used to eat Mexican foods allllllll the time....until I developed a horrible jalapeño allergy. And I also live in Texas. s**t's hard to avoid.
Scriptkitten
Sir Leto
Scriptkitten
I'm such an otaku.

This was my first serious attempt at Japanese cooking ever. I'll never make them again. Apparently my German stomach can't digest seaweed. Felt sick all day.
Also wasabi is nasty. I like spicy foods but I can't get past the taste of this crap... *sigh*

I used to eat Mexican foods allllllll the time....until I developed a horrible jalapeño allergy. And I also live in Texas. s**t's hard to avoid.
I live in Florida right now. I had previously lived in texas for about 3 years and moved back. I don't really like spicy food, just make the food without Jalapeños.
Scriptkitten
I'm such an otaku.

If we ever meet in person, remind me and I'll teach you how to make decent onigiri. I can also make sushi that is better than grocery store, though not as good as restaurant (I'm not spending that much time learning to make sushi rice). I'll teach you how to prepare those butterfly shrimp and make some awesome tamago. I personally don't consider myself an otaku, but I do like to cook and had easier access to Japanese ingredients than I had Chinese when I was still living in Washington. Though I haven't cooked since I moved. No need with all the restaurants everywhere, and for authentic asian Chinatown is 20 minutes away, and Japantown 30.

Edit: Started learning coffeescript. My first thought: Wait, is this ruby? Yeah. This is ruby.
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
I'm such an otaku.

If we ever meet in person, remind me and I'll teach you how to make decent onigiri. I can also make sushi that is better than grocery store, though not as good as restaurant (I'm not spending that much time learning to make sushi rice). I'll teach you how to prepare those butterfly shrimp and make some awesome tamago. I personally don't consider myself an otaku, but I do like to cook and had easier access to Japanese ingredients than I had Chinese when I was still living in Washington. Though I haven't cooked since I moved. No need with all the restaurants everywhere, and for authentic asian Chinatown is 20 minutes away, and Japantown 30.

Edit: Started learning coffeescript. My first thought: Wait, is this ruby? Yeah. This is ruby.
Are restaurants that cheap or are groceries that expensive?

Aged Lunatic

Apparently the EFF privacy badger doesn't like the SolveMedia "Post Captcha" Gaia uses, can't post without allowing it, neh.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Sir Leto
Scriptkitten
I'm such an otaku.

lol. My mom is also from central america, she was surprised at how different mexican food is. What can I say? I like chicken enchiladas but when it comes to Tamales, I want Nacatamals and won't accept any substitute!

Fried platanos are fantastic too. It's funny watching that finally catch on.
The20
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
I'm such an otaku.

Are restaurants that cheap or are groceries that expensive?

The latter.
MyNameIsKir
Started learning coffeescript. My first thought: Wait, is this ruby? Yeah. This is ruby.

It's like Ruby, but retaining Javascript's horrible typing. Still better than writing normal Javascript though.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Why am I only getting told now to check my breasts? Not even a demo on how to do it either. Oh well the internet gave me a good guide on how to do it.

Seriously apart from the whining, breasts are serious business and I want them cancer free.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff