Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have fish. I love them. And then I feel awesome when I think "I have pets and the only hair loose in my apartment is my own. It's great. I don't think I want a furry friend."

Then I see a puppy. Or a cute guy.
MyNameIsKir
I have fish. I love them. And then I feel awesome when I think "I have pets and the only hair loose in my apartment is my own. It's great. I don't think I want a furry friend."

Then I see a puppy. Or a cute guy.
Having a cat is almost as great as having fish. They're largely independent and won't bother you if you don't bother them.

Only difference for me is that mine will jump onto my bed and tear me to shreds if I don't get out of bed and feed her precisely at 8 AM dammit.

But otherwise, just like having fish.
Yes except my fish don't beg me for food; try sitting on my face, computer, and/or router; scratch me up whenever I try to touch them (when I put my finger in the tank two of the really weird guppies start rubbing up against it though); knock down my stuff; get hair everywhere; make me have to pay a pet deposit; cost me expensive vet trips; stink up my apartment via litterbox smell; make me have to clean up that crap and deal with toxo; etc.

I have my tank set up so I can leave it alone for a month at a time. I prefer to feed them myself but turn on the automatic feeder and leave and they're good. Come back in a month and refill the water, change the filter, and refill the food. Aquaponics and an actual filter maintain the tank a lot better than almost every other tank I've seen.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
MyNameIsKir
...stink up my apartment via litterbox smell; make me have to clean up that crap and deal with toxo; etc. ...

Yeah litterboxes are not fun to clean. We don't have too much of a problem because Ruby is mostly an outdoor cat (which does bring the problem of gifts but it's easier to deal with a dead mouse than a steaming fresh s**t).

You only really have to worry about Toxo if you're a dirty b*****d who doesn't wash their hands after cleaning the litter tray.
Lanackse-Kanvae
MyNameIsKir
...stink up my apartment via litterbox smell; make me have to clean up that crap and deal with toxo; etc. ...

Yeah litterboxes are not fun to clean. We don't have too much of a problem because Ruby is mostly an outdoor cat (which does bring the problem of gifts but it's easier to deal with a dead mouse than a steaming fresh s**t).

You only really have to worry about Toxo if you're a dirty b*****d who doesn't wash their hands after cleaning the litter tray.
It would be a lie to say that I don't passionately fear Toxo, But that little bugger has wormed its way into such a large percentage of the US population that I have a hard time believing that just keeping clean will sufficiently protect you.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

I have learned people here hate old news (Even know google is.)
Lanackse-Kanvae
MyNameIsKir

You wouldn't like our cats, almost every night they bring in a living rabbit each. Torment it then kill and half eat it smile Blood, guts and s**t everywhere
my lease says no pets allowed, I do wonder if Snacks count?
Joda01

Depends, do they move around?
Dreadpirate Chris Roberts
Lanackse-Kanvae
MyNameIsKir

You wouldn't like our cats, almost every night they bring in a living rabbit each. Torment it then kill and half eat it smile Blood, guts and s**t everywhere
They bring in rabbits? What kind of cats do you have?

Edit: I don't know if my keyboard is going downhill or if i'm really too stupid to type lately ...

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Joda01

My lease also says no pets allowed. I was kinda surprised, actually. Especially when I found boxes from some kinda dogfood dispenser, and when I turned on the AC it smelled like a dog...

Then a few days later when I signed up for renters insurance and gave the rep my address, they asked if I had a dog. I said no and asked why, and they said someone that used to live here had a dog and it bit someone.. apparently stuff went down. mrgreen

So that's why we're not allowed to have pets. It's not as if I mind, really I like seeing no pets on the lease. It means there's a low likelihood the last people living there had a pet (hopefully).. On the other hand, it can mean the landlord learned a valuable lesson.

Lol speaking of pets. One of my neighbors has the first truly domesticated dog I've ever seen. When I visit his house the dog walks by me and likes to be petted (and he'll lick if you do), but he's totally chill. I've seen the dog sit outside before on warm days just chilling. Nice dog.

Almost everyone else I've met has a dog that isn't domesticated. My other neighbors have a hilarious dog, I think it has mental problems because every time they open their front door it runs out and kinda like.. jumps all over the place. Completely crazy XD
Things I need to not be doing:

Procrastinating on Algorithms and Chinese homework by reading mlp fanfiction
Browsing /mlp/ at all. Especially in a vocaroo thread. ESPECIALLY when one of the posters also happened to have voiced Seto Kaiba in the abridged series (or at the very least sounds eerily similar).

@WWLink: Just because a dog is stupid does not mean it's not domesticated. Conversely, a cat can be feral and yet adorable.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Dreadpirate Chris Roberts
Joda01

Depends, do they move around?

I'm not a pet.

The20
The bring in rabbits? What kind of cat do you have?

I've also seen a cat bring in a baby rabbit. Guess who had to remove the poor thing that was literally shitting itself in fear? At least rabbit poop is solid enough to remove without leaving a stain. Still sprayed the carpet to make sure there wasn't any chance of infections being spread. Mixymitosis is not a nice disease and I wasn't take ANY chances not after seeing an epidemic whilst I was living in a place that had as many rabbits as humans in it.
MyNameIsKir
Lanackse-Kanvae
MyNameIsKir

It would be a lie to say that I don't passionately fear Toxo, But that little bugger has wormed its way into such a large percentage of the US population that I have a hard time believing that just keeping clean will sufficiently protect you.
Why would you want to worry about it? It makes you better at soccer.
psychic stalker
MyNameIsKir
Lanackse-Kanvae
MyNameIsKir

Why would you want to worry about it? It makes you better at soccer.

I don't play pansy sports. I'm a 'MERICAN.
User Image

- lI Roxas Il -
I have learned people here hate old news (Even know google is.)

Oh cute. Somebody else who can't figure out that this is a 122 month old thread. Welcome to page nine thousand eight hundred and sixty-six.

The real lesson to learn is that we don't like bad forum etiquette. We ask that you read what has already been posted before trying to contribute. Not to say that we want you to read ten thousand pages of a thread but be reasonable.

As for hating old news, that was me specifically. Hello!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff