Welcome to Gaia! ::

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Shade7510
can't say i'm impressed with the summer event. it seems to be too confusing for most gaians to comprehend, towns is laggy as hell, and the new "promote my post' idea doesn't help at all either. it makes anything below the forum pulse look disgusting.

i'm not even going to satisfy the achievement whore within me on this one.

I rarely take part in these events. The Halloween ones I tend to do because it's my favorite holiday and I thoroughly enjoy anything related to Halloween. I've done some of the Easter and Christmas ones and now I have those items just sitting in my inventory collecting digital dust...
Shade7510
can't say i'm impressed with the summer event. it seems to be too confusing for most gaians to comprehend, towns is laggy as hell, and the new "promote my post' idea doesn't help at all either. it makes anything below the forum pulse look disgusting.

There's a summer event?

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The20
Shade7510

There's a summer event?

Think Tamagotchis in fluff form and you get the idea.

Yeah, not taking part either.

May just buy the items with the proceeds from my inventory sale. Going through equipped stuff first though I have unopened envelopes from 2007/2008 emotion_yatta

Can't believe I didn't check Tektek first as they have a tool which allows me to see what stuff is most valuable in my inventory.
Lanackse-Kanvae
The20
Shade7510

There's a summer event?

Think Tamagotchis in fluff form and you get the idea.

Yeah, not taking part either.

May just buy the items with the proceeds from my inventory sale. Going through equipped stuff first though I have unopened envelopes from 2007/2008 emotion_yatta

Can't believe I didn't check Tektek first as they have a tool which allows me to see what stuff is most valuable in my inventory.
I still have 5 letters from 2007. I started collecting them to sell them off at a profit but the whole plan fell apart due to my apathy not even half a year in. Oh well ...

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Saruwatari Kooji

I rarely take part in these events. The Halloween ones I tend to do because it's my favorite holiday and I thoroughly enjoy anything related to Halloween. I've done some of the Easter and Christmas ones and now I have those items just sitting in my inventory collecting digital dust...

agreed, i love halloween. and the halloween events tend not to suck near as much as the others do(if at all).

usually i sell, trash, or donate the leftover items if i don't like them(which tends to happen).
I was outrun by a thunderstorm and strong rain. It was like taking a shower. Outside. Fully clothed. On my bike.
It sounds worse than i actually felt, but my clothes are still in the bathtub now.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
lol, reminds me of when I went to orientation when I came to my university; It was almost 2 years ago, and this time of year is usually known for really hot temperatures! Suggestions were to dress lightly and carry water because it was HOT. And it was, that week.

Not on the day I had orientation though! mrgreen It was a surprise rainstorm, and it poured all day! None of us had so much as a sweater, nevermind anything else xD

Thing is, our campus is pretty large (for california, anyway) and there was a bit of walking from building to building every hour or so, so yea.. we got drenched, and as soon as we started to dry off, we got drenched again.

I kept the welcome books and the course catalog from orientation as momentos but I have the rare catalog that looks like it survived a flood. XD What a day! I liked the rain though!

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
It's fun to walk through warm rain and come home to a dry, fluffy towel.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Lanackse-Kanvae

Especially one fresh from the dryer...

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Saruwatari Kooji
Lanackse-Kanvae

Especially one fresh from the dryer...

ohhh yeah....... warm dry fluffy towel....... **murrs happily**

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
or you could spray yourself with neverwet and not even have to dry off.

but then again that takes away the joy of embracing a nice warm towel.
Edit2: ...and maybe give you colon cancer.

Edit:
The promote my post concept Gaia came up with doesn't really have any value at all. It's more opinion based than anything. so while one may consider their thread important most others acknowledge it to have little to no actual significance in reality. thus making the forums all the more difficult to read. i think this especially applies to C&T since the forum pulse is so slow people will wind up viewing your thread out of boredom regardless of weather it's promoted or not.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Figured someone was trying to rip me off on something I was selling. Either that or trying to ditch hot goods.

But yeah they were trying to offer me stuff that based on current average prices, is in total worth only about 60% of my item's value in the market.

They were trying to push it and that's what raised my alarm levels from "wha?" to "seriously smells of scammy scam" hence why I did those checks just now.

Told her to hold her horses since I spent most of yesterday fixing a nice network issue that we think may have been caused by Kaspersky Internet Suite being a little overzealous and thinking that sending to the printer was an attack. Then dad's Win8 netbook decided it wouldn't connect so spent time dealing with that.

Fun day yesterday. At least I got to finish off a big personal project that was winging for months. Converting nearly 130 HTML 4 files into XHTML 1.0 strict and updating them all.
There's a little program called "choice" in Windows, as far as i can tell all it does is prompt "[Y,N]?" and return as soon as either button is pressed (and use the system speaker to beep annoyingly if you press anything else). The miracles of modern technology ...
The20
There's a little program called "choice" in Windows, as far as i can tell all it does is prompt "[Y,N]?" and return as soon as either button is pressed (and use the system speaker to beep annoyingly if you press anything else). The miracles of modern technology ...
That's been around, unchanged, since DOS 3.0, if memory serves.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
sounds about as exciting as playing desert bus.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff