Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
psychic stalker

JavaScript is completely different and separate from Java. JavaScript used to be called LiveScript. Its current official name is ECMAScript. The name "JavaScript" was used by Netscape to ride on the Sun corporation's new Java technology. Please do not confuse them.

JavaScript is a good language that happens to have some very bad parts.

The Java Programming Language is a bad language full of really stupid s**t that Sun tried several times to fix, and which Oracle (who bought Sun and now "controls" Java) is now ******** up at every opportunity.

so the JPL is used to write programs for the JVM and javascript is used for something else. forgive me but if i wasn't so tired right now this would probably be a bit less confusing.

Familiar Citizen

After doing various SpringMVC projects for 1.5 years at work (and the occasional PHP disaster) my company has finally secured some Rails work for my team to do. Very happy about this. :P

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
There was a period of time I regretted not taking classes on Java. Not anymore. mrgreen

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

I finally did my taxes and got my return, so I decided it was time to upgrade my phone. I opted for the Nexus 4 partially because it seemed my cheapest upgrade path for something worth a s**t.

I'm getting two of them, one 8GB and one 16GB. The 8GB for my fiance and 16GB for me. The 8GB came in yesterday and just from the little she let me play with it I'm practically foaming at the mouth to get mine. Dealing with my dinosaur Milestone is almost unbearable after tasting that speed...
Saruwatari Kooji
I finally did my taxes and got my return, so I decided it was time to upgrade my phone. I opted for the Nexus 4 partially because it seemed my cheapest upgrade path for something worth a s**t.

I'm getting two of them, one 8GB and one 16GB. The 8GB for my fiance and 16GB for me. The 8GB came in yesterday and just from the little she let me play with it I'm practically foaming at the mouth to get mine. Dealing with my dinosaur Milestone is almost unbearable after tasting that speed...
Why is she getting the one with less memory?

Edit: Posting a reply, wanted to type "yes" and typed "sex" instead. The ********?

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

The20
Saruwatari Kooji

Why is she getting the one with less memory?

Edit: Posting a reply, wanted to type "yes" and typed "sex" instead. The ********]

She has less need for local storage than I do. Nearly everything she does with her phone is online in some form. The only thing she'll really have on her phone is pictures, of which I have shown her various ways of clearing those off her phone into some other storage medium. I'm almost the same way, but because of my job I wind up with random files of various types stored on my phone. I contemplated getting myself the 8GB, but after looking at some of the stuff I wind up storing on my phone I decided the extra storage would be beneficial.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Java exam done...... I just wanna do nothing but drink tonight but I'm out to D&D tonight and playing the bard.
Fran just can't take any criticism. She does realize she's on a discussion board, right? That she is implicitly asking for our comments and perspective?

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Minion4Hire
Fran just can't take any criticism. She does realize she's on a discussion board, right? That she is implicitly asking for our comments and perspective?
Did he ignore you?
Sonic Offline
Minion4Hire
Did he ignore you?

No, I'm just dropping it. She doesn't seem to understand how SSDs actually function and isn't interested in what I have to say.

If each 60GB drive did ~100MB/s of sequential write (which should be about correct) then the cache drive and OS drive can each only do 100MB/s. That's the best that each can do. That is not more efficient than a larger 120GB drive that can do 200MB/s sequential writes. Each individual task is done twice as fast and it wouldn't take any more time or be any less efficient if both the OS and cache partitions needed to write at the same time. Two 1 second tasks at 100MB/s completing in parallel on separate drives would be two 0.5 second tasks at 200MB/s on a single faster drive.

I just... that makes sense, right? Am I just not explaining this properly?
Minion4Hire
Sonic Offline
Minion4Hire
Did he ignore you?

No, I'm just dropping it. She doesn't seem to understand how SSDs actually function and isn't interested in what I have to say.

If each 60GB drive did ~100MB/s of sequential write (which should be about correct) then the cache drive and OS drive can each only do 100MB/s. That's the best that each can do. That is not more efficient than a larger 120GB drive that can do 200MB/s sequential writes. Each individual task is done twice as fast and it wouldn't take any more time or be any less efficient if both the OS and cache partitions needed to write at the same time. Two 1 second tasks at 100MB/s completing in parallel on separate drives would be two 0.5 second tasks at 200MB/s on a single faster drive.

No, you're explaining it just fine. Fran is just incapable of accepting anything that might demonstrate that she's wrong or made a mistake. Hence her "you're wrong and I don't care" response.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Java exam done...... I just wanna do nothing but drink tonight but I'm out to D&D tonight and playing the bard.
Play a drunk bard! Drunken Master Bard! Like he/she gets +2 on whatever the skill for singing is when drunk.

Maybe i should have posted this 3 hours earlier.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Minion4Hire
Sonic Offline
Minion4Hire
Did he ignore you?

It makes sense, yeah. She's just being her.
My app doesn't run anymore.
I finally got a device that is capable of running Android, even though some things don't fully work, like GPS, Android doesn't recognize the battery so i have to make sure it doesn't blow up (literally) when charging, making phone calls won't work, the touch sensors isn't calibrated correct so i can't use anything that's too far on the left side (like the 1 on the keyboard) ...
But aside from that it works. Now i simply tried to start my app and i get a NoClassDefFound error for android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager. It doesn't work on the emulator either. I hate this.

Edit: I'll restart this entire project from scratch in Android Studio and see if it complains at any point (I'm obviously not going to scrap all the source files, just the project settings.)

Edit 2: I want to listen to unnecessarily loud music now. The only problem is my PC with the 5.1 sound card and speakers doesn't have any RAM ...

Edit 3: I just downloaded Android Studio and the first thing it tells me after starting is that there's a new version? Why?

Edit 4: It's 2013 and Android Studio is using C:/Program Files/... for it's cache folder. I need to run it with administrator privileges or it won't start because it can't access those file. Which genius came up with that idea?

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
I haaaaaaaaaate android app development.

And I have an android phone! gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces