• Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
Sonic Offline
God Emperor Akhenaton
Saruwatari Kooji
God Emperor Akhenaton
Just be aware that I never started this. The moment I say something, you guys go apeshit. If that isn't misery, then I don't know what is, but I'll keep doing it. The point is that custom builds will not go away, but even saying that gets a negative response from you.

Yeah, because I have nothing better to do with my time than to follow you around on these forums at all hours of the day to quote you and make you miserable. FYI, hyperbole goes both directions...

It should also be noted that you're the only one who seems to think we're in misery. Contrary to popular belief...things that happen on here don't affect my mood in the real world. I see you posted misinformation or something that is outright wrong...I create a post that shows how you're wrong and even provide links in an attempt to help you learn, then I go on with my day. It is honestly as simple as that. If you refuse to take our assistance(which is primarily what it is) then so be it...remain looking like an imbecile it's not our problem.

God Emperor Akhenaton
Well it's evidence that things just don't become obsolete. Why have a land line when there are cellular phones? Why sail across the Atlantic for 8 days when you can fly for 6 hours? Because things do not go obsolete. They still make swords, they still make model airplanes and they still make typewriters. The custom build is going nowhere because there is still an interest in it.

That was your original post that we're discussing. That first sentence is typically called the topic sentence. A topic sentence is the statement that defines your point for the paragraph. In your topic sentence you are arguing that obsolete implies they stop producing things. The rest of your paragraph follows that same flawed argument. You bring up several points in an attempt to prove that your argument is valid based on your assumption that obsolete implies production is stopped. I'll be honest, grammatically you did a decent job. You stated your topic and your paragraph stuck to it. The problem is your logic and reasoning is wrong.

Saruwatari Kooji
Why must you make it so painfully aware how out of touch with reality you are?

Obsolete does not imply they stop making things. It's not even in the definition

Land lines are still required for various things, such as fax. The reasons for using it are varied, but that does not imply that the technology isn't obsolete. It's old and outdated with better alternatives.

The reasons for ocean liners are varied as well, but many of them aren't exactly "obsolete". The idea of sailing may seem obsolete when compared to flying, but the same argument could be applied to bikes vs automobiles. It doesn't really make sense.

Model airplanes are a hobby item, as they always have been.

Swords are obsolete, but are, again, being made for various reasons. In many developed nations the primary reason for sword production is collectors, but there are the few ceremonial uses for them as well.

As for typewriters...click me. They are no longer being mass produced...there may be someone here or there that can still make one in their garage, but again, it's a hobbyist thing.

Obsolete simply implies there is a newer and/or more efficient technology and has nothing to do with production of said product. Your point is invalid.

That is my post(minus the markup). I never once stated that you were wrong about custom build computers. In fact, that is one thing I agree with you on. They will stick around for awhile, but the demand for them will decrease. One more time for clarification, I'm not arguing that point, I never was.

My post, in its entirety was pointing out your flawed logic and obvious lack of knowledge of the definition of the term 'obsolete'. It is not my fault you took it as a personal attack on your character. If you would stop acting like all we're doing is attacking you because we hate you, you'd see we are actually trying to teach you. We are very keen on accurate information that can be verified. We have shown you time and time again how your logic fails and your information is not accurate, while at the same time demonstrating how to correct your mistakes.

Again, carry on in your delusions if you want...it does not really affect us. I've already told you(and a moderator) that I won't stop correcting your mistakes. It is not a personal attack on you, it is nothing more than the desire to help and provide accurate information.

Than all you are doing is being a nitpicky c**t who I really would wish would leave me the ******** alone.
So it's ok for you to be flat out wrong and/or troll other users, but it's not ok for us to return the favor to /any/ degree.

Feel free to redirect your comment of him to yourself.

Is anyone else reminded of Shard?

All I did was say that custom builds will not go away and you went apeshit and tried to rip me apart. I didn't go into this thread expecting a fight, but you took it to the next level. Not me, you. If you don't want this, then don't pick a fight with me.
That's not all you did, and you damn well know it. I didn't go apeshit, either. You're just defensive.
Sonic Offline
God Emperor Akhenaton
Sonic Offline
God Emperor Akhenaton
Saruwatari Kooji

Yeah, because I have nothing better to do with my time than to follow you around on these forums at all hours of the day to quote you and make you miserable. FYI, hyperbole goes both directions...

It should also be noted that you're the only one who seems to think we're in misery. Contrary to popular belief...things that happen on here don't affect my mood in the real world. I see you posted misinformation or something that is outright wrong...I create a post that shows how you're wrong and even provide links in an attempt to help you learn, then I go on with my day. It is honestly as simple as that. If you refuse to take our assistance(which is primarily what it is) then so be it...remain looking like an imbecile it's not our problem.

That was your original post that we're discussing. That first sentence is typically called the topic sentence. A topic sentence is the statement that defines your point for the paragraph. In your topic sentence you are arguing that obsolete implies they stop producing things. The rest of your paragraph follows that same flawed argument. You bring up several points in an attempt to prove that your argument is valid based on your assumption that obsolete implies production is stopped. I'll be honest, grammatically you did a decent job. You stated your topic and your paragraph stuck to it. The problem is your logic and reasoning is wrong.

That is my post(minus the markup). I never once stated that you were wrong about custom build computers. In fact, that is one thing I agree with you on. They will stick around for awhile, but the demand for them will decrease. One more time for clarification, I'm not arguing that point, I never was.

My post, in its entirety was pointing out your flawed logic and obvious lack of knowledge of the definition of the term 'obsolete'. It is not my fault you took it as a personal attack on your character. If you would stop acting like all we're doing is attacking you because we hate you, you'd see we are actually trying to teach you. We are very keen on accurate information that can be verified. We have shown you time and time again how your logic fails and your information is not accurate, while at the same time demonstrating how to correct your mistakes.

Again, carry on in your delusions if you want...it does not really affect us. I've already told you(and a moderator) that I won't stop correcting your mistakes. It is not a personal attack on you, it is nothing more than the desire to help and provide accurate information.

Than all you are doing is being a nitpicky c**t who I really would wish would leave me the ******** alone.
So it's ok for you to be flat out wrong and/or troll other users, but it's not ok for us to return the favor to /any/ degree.

All I did was say that custom builds will not go away and you went apeshit and tried to rip me apart. I didn't go into this thread expecting a fight, but you took it to the next level. Not me, you. If you don't want this, then don't pick a fight with me.
That's not all you did, and you damn well know it. I didn't go apeshit, either. You're just defensive.

Obsolete, going away. I don't give a s**t and neither do you. You only care because I posted it.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Sonic Offline
God Emperor Akhenaton
Sonic Offline
God Emperor Akhenaton
Saruwatari Kooji

Obsolete, going away. I don't give a s**t and neither do you. You only care because I posted it.
No, we only care because we dislike misinformation. A fact you seem unwilling to consider.
Guys, please! I'm from the ED, let me handle this.

Na, just kidding. I couldn't debate myself out of a wet paper bag as i have demonstrated on more than one occasion, especially during discussions about copyright. Anyways, back to the roots:

God Emperor Akhenaton
WWLink
I like the "help me build a PC" threads as they suggest there's still quite a future in that niche. biggrin I love self-built rigs and would be disappointed if they went the way of the dodo bird.

Same with the "help me pick a PC" threads. There's too much "the iPad will replace everything ever!" type of crap going around the internet.

If we still have landlines and ocean liners, then we will continue to have custom builds.
This sentence makes absolutely no sense.

God Emperor Akhenaton
Sonic Offline
because those are totally related and all...

Well it's evidence that things just don't become obsolete. Why have a land line when there are cellular phones? Why sail across the Atlantic for 8 days when you can fly for 6 hours? Because things do not go obsolete. They still make swords, they still make model airplanes and they still make typewriters. The custom build is going nowhere because there is still an interest in it.
This is simply wrong. Landlines still carry the vast majority of traffic. The general population may use cellphones that don't need wires to connect to a cell tower nearby, but that tower is still connected to the rest of the net via landlines.
And modern ocean liners aren't the ferries they were 100 years ago, nowadays they are swimming (and occasionally sinking) hotels that people drive with for vacation.

Swords were a better comparison but they came to late to salvage your argument.
God Emperor Akhenaton
We really do just like accuracy. Especially when someone makes comparisons or correlations that are false. As The20 just pointed out again, what you had said didn't make sense.

The support of an argument or claim is just as if not more important than the legitimacy or accuracy of the claim itself. If your supporting information is incorrect or inaccurate you are undermining what might otherwise be a perfectly valid argument.

I comment on and correct plenty of people's contributions here, as do others. The simple fact of the matter is that there isn't anyone else in C&T who consistently and dramatically offers up incorrect or inaccurate information at the moment. We've had plenty of.... heated discussions with people like that Nvidia fangirl and others. This isn't some conspiracy against you. We just all, legitimately, independently don't like inaccurate information and try to correct it.

The less frequently that you make false correlations or demonstrate poor logic, the less frequently you will find people countering you.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Akhenaton.

We don't pick on people. That has been proven time and again in the forums. You make all these claims of harassment, yet I see no one getting banned. That is either because you are not filing reports or the mods/admins take a look into your claims (they don't just ban because of he said she said as that's ******** stupid) and go "well I am not seeing anything that would suggest harassment" and leave well alone.

We don't like bullshit and we prefer stuff to have verifiable evidence since anyone can make up experiences. I work for the FBI and oh look I made a complete fabrication on the internet about where I work. That was easier than breathing.

If anything, people can report the majority of your posts for calling other users foul names. I refer to Section 4 Paragraph 2 of the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you made your account. I believe calling someone a c**t is both offensive and untrue, unless I missed something and we now have evolved sentient vaginas walking around, in which case it's just plain offensive.

In short you need to learn from your mistakes and pretty damned quick it seems.

Everyday Cat

Lanackse-Kanvae
I believe calling someone a c**t is both offensive and untrue, unless I missed something and we now have evolved sentient vaginas walking around, in which case it's just plain offensive.

You just made my day lol
I think I might make a new random quote sig now. I miss my old one

Original Gaian

I hate when programs decide to use their own titlebar elements.

@Akhenaton posts:
User Image

Dangerous Trader

Gabriel Faust
@Akhenaton posts: Picture
Still fits:
User Image

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Pissed off people in guild wars asking questions that don't even concern them.

Trolling level 10,000.
Anybody seen kiretsu lately? I think she could solve our problem.

Invisible Noob

God Emperor Akhenaton

Whenever I'm wrong these guys are nice and correct me, unlike many people you will encounter in school who just let you continue in the wrong. When I'm corrected I make a note of it a week later when I actually come back and read what they said. And that's the end of it. Something that might help keep these guys off of you is for you to find reliable sources to back up everything that you post. That way you can confirm that you're correct, enhance your research skills for when you're in college, and won't have to face the humiliation of having people correct you as often.

Of course you're just going to be mad at me for not admitting that you're always correct.
@Akhenaton posts:
User Image

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Sexy Chaos Engineer
God Emperor Akhenaton

Whenever I'm wrong these guys are nice and correct me, unlike many people you will encounter in school who just let you continue in the wrong. When I'm corrected I make a note of it a week later when I actually come back and read what they said. And that's the end of it. Something that might help keep these guys off of you is for you to find reliable sources to back up everything that you post. That way you can confirm that you're correct, enhance your research skills for when you're in college, and won't have to face the humiliation of having people correct you as often.

Of course you're just going to be mad at me for not admitting that you're always correct.

Thank you for completely invalidating his argument of us singling him out.

I will mention one thing...we aren't always the nicest, and I will admit that. We quite often try to be nice to start, but as it has been mentioned, there have been numerous "heated discussions" around here with various people.

The nature of being a "geek" or "nerd" is a love of learning. With learning we have come to understand the best way to learn is to also teach what we have learned or are learning. Our desire for knowledge is what sets us apart, and (almost) without fail that knowledge and that learning brings an insatiable desire to help others learn as well. That is essentially why all of us here are so adamant about providing accurate and verifiable information. We have spent the hours doing the learning, and we strive to pass that on to others without near the effort we've put in if at all possible. I, for one, got ridiculed to no end(and still do to an extent) because of this part of my nature...but it has not stopped or slowed me. It is a price we pay, one that we are willing to pay because we understand, in the end our labors are well worth what we go through.

It is because of that, I don't care what kind of abuse or allegations Akhenaton brings against me. His information is wrong and that pains me, I want him to learn(as I'm sure the others here do as well). That is why we are doing what we are. It's not because we hate him or he has pissed us off. I will admit, when he first came around, tempers flared and people got mad...myself included. It wasn't exactly right, but that's what has happened. What is truly driving us is our passion for accurate verifiable information and the desire to teach what we have learned to others.

tl;dr
We are geeks and learning/teaching is an inherent trait. We also value accurate and verifiable information.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff