Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Idea to try: Take their machine. Let it sit whilst you do other (more important) things. Then say "Google Drive is on it". Then watch as they realise that it's not on there and Google Aps is still working.

Maybe I'm just highly intolerant of bullshit.
Damn it. FF requested a Java update earlier. Ever since that finished i wasn't able to use it in browsers anymore (funny how that worked out ...)
Reinstalling failed, uninstalling failed. Not having a better idea i removed it per hand - which apparently failed, too, since the installer still tries to uninstall it with a msi it can't find anymore (already couldn't before i started to delete things). Now i'm stuck without Java, which i need for several assignments in school.
Oh, and downloading the current JDK will take a mere 7 days (Edit: 25 days now. Edit 2: convinced him to increase the speed by pausing and continuing. Considering my luck that means there'll be an error at ~80kb now ...) with the current speed (pretty much zero; Edit: 100kb/s, give or take).
Everything is wrong. What the ******** is going on?!

Edit: Of course the problem persists. Still, something weird is going on. I can run all programs using Java fine (tried Netbeans, Vuze and Minecraft). Either they run on the JDK or there's a JRE out of its natural habit. Considering i saw a java.exe in the Sys32 folder i'm voting for the second possibility. Security problems ahoy. I guess i need to reinstall Windows to get this mess fixed ...

Edit: At least it still works on the VM. Not going to update that for a while.

Edit: Bloody hell, Eclipse doesn't work anymore. I want to curse in tongues not know to man right now.

Edit: Finally found the missing registry entry. Java installed again, plug-ins working.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

The20
Saruwatari Kooji
Dayton Project
I'm... not sure if that's a good thing?

Meh...

Christmas break at work was kind of nice...up until yesterday. All the teachers and students have been gone and I've been able to actually get a decent amount of work done without constant interference.

Then, yesterday, teachers are coming back to work. Not really a big deal, they have things they have to do and don't bother me too much...except we are transitioning to Google Apps. That means every ******** staff member is demanding Google Drive be installed on their computer...despite being told it's not necessary in order to use the service.

The next problem...they decided yesterday was the best day to test our fire and emergency alarm systems. That left me just sitting there trying to get work done with the ******** alarms going off every other minute(I wish I was kidding). Scared the ******** out of me at first too because they started when I normally enjoy my coffee and browse news and some recreational sites(Reddit, Facebook, etc)...I clicked off my e-mail and over to Reddit when the first alarm went off. The timing couldn't have been worse...
Did you spit any coffee on the computer?

Almost...

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Lanackse-Kanvae
Idea to try: Take their machine. Let it sit whilst you do other (more important) things. Then say "Google Drive is on it". Then watch as they realise that it's not on there and Google Aps is still working.

Maybe I'm just highly intolerant of bullshit.

Actually, Google Drive is pretty easy to deploy over the network...I've got the script ready to go already. The "hard" part is going around getting the names of all the computers that are going to get it...

They will all get Google Drive over this next week...but I won't be telling anyone. I'll just quietly close the tickets as they come in.

Newbie Noob

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Sonic Offline
Mizufusion

Only problem really is that they made a ton of food, and I can't eat most of it. I have one goddamn food restriction that I discovered recently, and now I'm realizing it's in everything. emo
Mind if I ask what that food restriction is?

Whoops, totally forgot to check on this thread again, but yeah..

Lanackse-Kanvae
I'm going to guess dairy.

That would be it. It's a pain because there is dairy in damn near everything these days, and it's not always obvious. I have lactase supplements that help a lot, but sometimes it's just not enough, and I always forget to ask if things have dairy in them before I eat them. emo

It's nice to know what's wrong with me, though. I don't eat a lot of dairy other than cheese and yogurt, which have significantly less lactose, so it took a while to realize why my stomach got so upset some days. For years I thought it was from drinking too much coffee. Now I realize it's drinking coffee with creamer that did it.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Mizufusion

That would be it. It's a pain because there is dairy in damn near everything these days, and it's not always obvious. I have lactase supplements that help a lot, but sometimes it's just not enough, and I always forget to ask if things have dairy in them before I eat them. emo

It's nice to know what's wrong with me, though. I don't eat a lot of dairy other than cheese and yogurt, which have significantly less lactose, so it took a while to realize why my stomach got so upset some days. For years I thought it was from drinking too much coffee. Now I realize it's drinking coffee with creamer that did it.

It sucks when you look at something like a packet of breaded chicken breasts only to find that it contains milk. Seriously, breaded chicken breasts are not something you expect to have milk.

On a side note, semi skimmed milk in coffee is a lot nicer and probably a lot less liable to play havoc on your system. Failing that, some soya milks are suitable for putting into hot drinks. I think goat's milk may be another viable alternative though I've never really checked that out. No idea if rice milk is available in your location either as I've heard that's a nice dairy free alternative.

OK I'm gonna shut up now before I bore everyone sweatdrop .
It seems i never learn. 4 in the morning and i'm working on a dissertation to be done today. I could have worked on it in the afternoon, but i was busy wasting time on the net then ...

Oh, and tomorrow is another dissertation i didn't do anything for yet (though at least for that i tried - unsuccessfully i might add ...)

Edit: with a bit luck that'll be 3 hours of sleep. Lovely.

Newbie Noob

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Lanackse-Kanvae
Mizufusion

It sucks when you look at something like a packet of breaded chicken breasts only to find that it contains milk. Seriously, breaded chicken breasts are not something you expect to have milk.

On a side note, semi skimmed milk in coffee is a lot nicer and probably a lot less liable to play havoc on your system. Failing that, some soya milks are suitable for putting into hot drinks. I think goat's milk may be another viable alternative though I've never really checked that out. No idea if rice milk is available in your location either as I've heard that's a nice dairy free alternative.

OK I'm gonna shut up now before I bore everyone sweatdrop .

We have pretty much everything here; soy, rice, almond, etc. I usually go with soy, or just skip the milk altogether. It's just a bummer when I want a fancy expensive coffee, and it's even more expensive because they charge extra for soy.

If you still wanna talk without boring everyone else you can pm me. sweatdrop
Guys, does this look like offsite advertising (ignoring hat they failed to actually link to the promised tutorial)?
I mean, OP has 2 posts, the responder has 4. And it does sound like one of those shows where they try to sell overpriced junk just today for half the price!

Edit: Only 300 units left. Buy now!

Edit 2: Fun day. Was awake till around 6 in the morning to finish my dissertation, slept till 11:00 or so, skipping a class, found out i don't have to do the dissertation this week at around 13:30. The original schedule (we do our dissertation in sequence of our last names) was thrown out the window with the second person.
Anyways, tomorrows the next dissertation. Unfortunately i don't think i'll get around that one.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Mizufusion

Well... They are breasts... Why wouldn't they have milk in them? pirate

I have only one known allergy: mechanical engineers. XD
U-235
Lanackse-Kanvae
Mizufusion

Chicken aren't mammals.
There's another milk that every human should be able to consume with no side effects whatsoever ...
The20
U-235
Lanackse-Kanvae
Mizufusion

Chicken aren't mammals.
There's another milk that every human should be able to consume with no side effects whatsoever ...

...Is it "man milk?" gonk
U-235
The20
U-235
Lanackse-Kanvae
Mizufusion

Chicken aren't mammals.

...Is it "man milk?" gonk
No. Why were you assuming this and not breast milk?
The20
No. Why were you assuming this and not breast milk?

Because it was funnier. mrgreen

Feline Swapper

Ohmai. I'm surprised this isn't at 10k pages yet. I'm taking a gamble, coming back here like so... What all did I miss in my time away?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff