Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Genius

I have to admit, I'm quite surprised that I recognize a large majority of people who are still posting. Even after being away from here for about 4 years now.

(I'm really Manhattan Project, by the way. This is just a silly placeholder until my real account is reactivated.)

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Dayton Project
I have to admit, I'm quite surprised that I recognize a large majority of people who are still posting. Even after being away from here for about 4 years now.

(I'm really Manhattan Project, by the way. This is just a silly placeholder until my real account is reactivated.)
Hi :O

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Hi MP. I remember you from when I first came here.

Yeah dairy and wheat are the two worst offenders for playing "merry turd hell" with the human digestive system.

It's just not designed for lactose (the milk proteins and sugars, which are in a surprising amount of things) and gluten (good binding agent but again in a surprising amount of things) and remains one of the evolutionary pains in the backside, much like wisdom teeth.

Yes I know people are now being born without wisdom teeth but they're still in the minority whilst the memo gets around to the rest of the human race.

Evolution may not be the fastest system but it's the best we've got until we unlock the secrets of the DNA structure.

/derailment imminent.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Hi MP. I remember you from when I first came here.

Yeah dairy and wheat are the two worst offenders for playing "merry turd hell" with the human digestive system.

It's just not designed for lactose (the milk proteins and sugars, which are in a surprising amount of things) and gluten (good binding agent but again in a surprising amount of things) and remains one of the evolutionary pains in the backside, much like wisdom teeth.

Yes I know people are now being born without wisdom teeth but they're still in the minority whilst the memo gets around to the rest of the human race.

Evolution may not be the fastest system but it's the best we've got until we unlock the secrets of the DNA structure.

/derailment imminent.
I was surprised to hear lactose tolerance was mostly a European and, trough reckless imperialism, American and Australian thing.

Not sure what you're on about with the wisdom teeth thing, though.

Edit: I have a transfer rate from DVD to HDD of 1.8 MB. The Eff.

Edit: apparently the problems i had watching this DVD were because it's damaged, so copying it to the HDD didn't work. On a related note, i'm running out of space on my HDDs again. I could use a few free weeks to sort trough all this crap and throw some stuff out.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
So many people now have problems with their wisdom teeth because their jaw lines are smaller and thus there's no room for them and they cause all sorts of s**t because of that.

I had to have 2 perfectly healthy wisdom teeth taken out this year and chances are good that the other two may follow this year.

Some people are now born without wisdom teeth because of this bullshit.

Distinct Genius

Lanackse-Kanvae
I had to have 2 perfectly healthy wisdom teeth taken out this year and chances are good that the other two may follow this year.

I know that feeling. I've been putting off getting my wisdom teeth removed. I can't help but think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." (That, and, not wanting to pay an inane amount of money, because my dental coverage is worth peanuts.)

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Dayton Project
Lanackse-Kanvae

I know that feeling. I've been putting off getting my wisdom teeth removed. I can't help but think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." (That, and, not wanting to pay an inane amount of money, because my dental coverage is worth peanuts.)

In my case it got to the point where Lidocaine Hydrochloride (strongest painkiller you can get without needing a prescription) wasn't doing s**t and I was screaming and crying in agony because of the pain they were causing. I made an emergency appointment and ponied up about £100 for this. Best £100 ever spent.

Distinct Genius

Lanackse-Kanvae
Dayton Project
Lanackse-Kanvae

In my case it got to the point where Lidocaine Hydrochloride (strongest painkiller you can get without needing a prescription) wasn't doing s**t and I was screaming and crying in agony because of the pain they were causing. I made an emergency appointment and ponied up about £100 for this. Best £100 ever spent.

Ouch. If it would only cost me $100-200, that wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, it would cost me a lot more at the moment.

EDIT: I'm also quite familiar with Lidocaine HCl. I work in a pharmacy, and see way too much of it.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Dayton Project
EDIT: I'm also quite familiar with Lidocaine HCl. I work in a pharmacy, and see way too much of it.

Can't presume that everyone reading knows what it is. I only came it across during my misadventures with the wisdom teeth and I'm pretty good with my medical and anatomical knowledge. I've probably upset/annoyed doctors by listening to them dumbing down the medical terms and then me just going "You mean {insert medical term}?"

Still got the bottle in the bathroom cabinet just in case the other 2 play silly buggers but at the moment the worst they're doing is minor pain and some inflamed gum at the top of the teeth where the gum's rubbing against the quite sharp edges of the teeth.

Distinct Genius

Lanackse-Kanvae
Still got the bottle in the bathroom cabinet just in case the other 2 play silly buggers but at the moment the worst they're doing is minor pain and some inflamed gum at the top of the teeth where the gum's rubbing against the quite sharp edges of the teeth.

Ouch. Although, I now understand why babies are so miserable while teething... it hurts. Two of my lower wisdom teeth decided they wanted to pop out and say "Hi!" last year. Quite a fun experience at the dentist's office.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

I must be extremely lucky with wisdom teeth...mine are crumbling painlessly as they come in.

Distinct Genius

I'm... not sure if that's a good thing?
Take van to shop, get entirely rewired, master power cutoff added.
Bring home, few days later starter goes out.

FML.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Dayton Project

Meh...

Christmas break at work was kind of nice...up until yesterday. All the teachers and students have been gone and I've been able to actually get a decent amount of work done without constant interference.

Then, yesterday, teachers are coming back to work. Not really a big deal, they have things they have to do and don't bother me too much...except we are transitioning to Google Apps. That means every ******** staff member is demanding Google Drive be installed on their computer...despite being told it's not necessary in order to use the service.

The next problem...they decided yesterday was the best day to test our fire and emergency alarm systems. That left me just sitting there trying to get work done with the ******** alarms going off every other minute(I wish I was kidding). Scared the ******** out of me at first too because they started when I normally enjoy my coffee and browse news and some recreational sites(Reddit, Facebook, etc)...I clicked off my e-mail and over to Reddit when the first alarm went off. The timing couldn't have been worse...
Saruwatari Kooji
Dayton Project

Meh...

Christmas break at work was kind of nice...up until yesterday. All the teachers and students have been gone and I've been able to actually get a decent amount of work done without constant interference.

Then, yesterday, teachers are coming back to work. Not really a big deal, they have things they have to do and don't bother me too much...except we are transitioning to Google Apps. That means every ******** staff member is demanding Google Drive be installed on their computer...despite being told it's not necessary in order to use the service.

The next problem...they decided yesterday was the best day to test our fire and emergency alarm systems. That left me just sitting there trying to get work done with the ******** alarms going off every other minute(I wish I was kidding). Scared the ******** out of me at first too because they started when I normally enjoy my coffee and browse news and some recreational sites(Reddit, Facebook, etc)...I clicked off my e-mail and over to Reddit when the first alarm went off. The timing couldn't have been worse...
Did you spit any coffee on the computer?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff