Welcome to Gaia! ::

The20
And now, in completely unrelated news: I'm beginning to understand why Open Office Writer has this weird feel to it.
User Image
Same word, same font, same size. Guess which one was taken from OO? Hint: both.
I don't understand why there is a difference (no, the lines were both not full, not even close), but it would explain why OO always looks like something's not right to me.
That's what's called kerning. And what you see is not precisely what will be printed. Your screen isn't capable of displaying precisely what your printer will output.

I believe that OOo is dynamically adjusting the kerning on a word-by-word basis to make each word visually fit in the same space that it would on the printed page.

TBH, I'd say if you want real WYSIWYG, you want to use a text editor, not a word processor. smile
Saruwatari Kooji
I need some help from you guys.

For this Christmas my dad has made up his mind that my mom will be getting a new camera. She is getting a new camera because she loves to take pictures of all of us but has been lacking a decent camera to do so. If it tells you anything, the best camera she has had in recent years has been the one on her phone(one of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus). Granted, they do take decent pictures...but they're not really worth printing.

I've been scouring all manner of stores for some good deals on a good camera(FYI, she is more than willing to learn to use a DSLR). I've found several that would be worth looking into, but I keep coming back to this. Is there any reason we shouldn't get her a Nikon D3000? Personally, I think it's a pretty good deal...the D3000, a second lens, free SD card, and the videos that help show her how to use it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=ty_NikonD30004Him?ie=UTF8&docId=1000858911&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_r=1Y09SKQ80SBG0N0574RY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1430133982&pf_rd_i=5550342011&tag=laptopaholic-20 is the same thing but with a free tripod and remote. (And depending on your state no sales tax.)
Finished the wiring diagrams for the MR2. Starting hacking apart the harness tonight.

If you don't hear a success story by the end of December, just assume it caught fire and I died. burning_eyes
U-235
Finished the wiring diagrams for the MR2. Starting hacking apart the harness tonight.

If you don't hear a success story by the end of December, just assume it caught fire and I died. burning_eyes

Just bring a fire extinguisher, or some napalm.
Disconsented
U-235

Just bring a fire extinguisher, or some napalm.

Fire extinguishers... Filled with napalm.

"Dear Santa..."
I just got a job at the local shell station. Full time, and they want someone long term, starting at 9.40 an hour and going up to 10 at the first of the year.

3...2...1....HAPPYDANCE
User Image
Sen Natsu
I just got a job at the local shell station. Full time, and they want someone long term, starting at 9.40 an hour and going up to 10 at the first of the year.

3...2...1....HAPPYDANCE
I give you a week till you are posting on http://notalwaysright.com/ and crying about how crazy the world is. Retail sucks.
Computers and Technology
Sen Natsu

3...2...1....HAPPYDANCE
I give you a week till you are posting on http://notalwaysright.com/ and crying about how crazy the world is. Retail sucks.
I worked retail for years. I know it sucks but you know what?
It's a job, and it starts at ten bucks/hr.
That beats laying around all day waiting for my phone to ring at 0/hr.
One of the many benefits that comes from not working retail... Is not working retail. xd

I luff my jobs. All three of them. heart

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

U-235
One of the many benefits that comes from not working retail... Is not working retail. xd

I luff my jobs. All three of them. heart

I used to work in food service and I wouldn't say I hated the job. I will never go back to that...but I'm actually doing what I love now. I'm still kind of in shock that I got this job...
/other avi

Retail ain't the best but it still pays. Plus, because I"m in a position where I can't answer my phone, I get more phone calls than i would if I just waited. Funny how that works, the watched pot effect.
Tadpole Jackson
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At least the Winchester boxs looks the same.
Damn it so trying to make me jealous.
Disconsented
Tadpole Jackson
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At least the Winchester boxs looks the same.
Damn it so trying to make me jealous.

qu'est-ce que c'est?
So many new names.....U-235 is the only one on this page I remember from back in the day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff