Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rgoodermote
So I can now legally marry people and can be referred to as Rev. Goodermote. You guys have as much fun with that as you want.
What counts as "people"?

Liberal Nerd

The20
Rgoodermote
So I can now legally marry people and can be referred to as Rev. Goodermote. You guys have as much fun with that as you want.
What counts as "people"?

When it comes to marrying, if you can get a license to marry in the state of Mass and boy am I glad I live in Mass. I'd never live with myself if I was forced to deny same-sex couples because of idiotic and bigoted laws.

When it comes to my every day life, we're all on this dirt ball floating aimlessly through space so it's stupid to hate for (almost) anything (*****, murders, generally assholes like that are on my s**t list).

I may be a religious man, but it doesn't mean I'm close minded. wink Also I'm bisexual, so this whole "God hates gays!" thing makes me frown and feel ashamed.

Hopefully answered your question.

Edited to add some things.
Rgoodermote
The20
Rgoodermote
What counts as "people"?

When it comes to marrying, if you can get a license to marry in the state of Mass and boy am I glad I live in Mass. I'd never live with myself if I was forced to deny same-sex couples because of idiotic and bigoted laws.

When it comes to my every day life, we're all on this dirt ball floating aimlessly through space so it's stupid to hate for (almost) anything (*****, murders, generally assholes like that are on my s**t list).

I may be a religious man, but it doesn't mean I'm close minded. wink Also I'm bisexual, so this whole "God hates gays!" thing makes me frown and feel ashamed.

I wasn't thinking about same sex marriage, more along the lines of how far i can stretch the definition of "people" to include inanimate objects, corporations and other such things.

Liberal Nerd

The20
Rgoodermote
The20
Rgoodermote
What counts as "people"?

I wasn't thinking about same sex marriage, more along the lines of how far i can stretch the definition of "people" to include inanimate objects, corporations and other such things.

Be clearer in the future. gonk

As for that, uhhh, apply and see what happens? xD If you got the license, far be it from me to say no. xD
The20
Rgoodermote
The20
Rgoodermote
What counts as "people"?

I dunno about Massachusetts, but over here in Washington, apparently you can marry a building.
psychic stalker
.......but over here in Washington, apparently you can marry a building.

emotion_0A0
The20

Speaking of that, I would like to say that I support the full enforcement of the ruling in Citizens United.

If corporations want to be "people," then:
-The should pay tax at the marginal tax rate
-They should have a gender, and should only be able to marry (or merge) with a SINGLE company of the opposite gender, per the federal definition.
-When they pollute and cause people health problems, they should be tried for assault with a deadly weapon.

...And so forth.

We'll see how long they want to be people after they are treated like people, full-force. rofl
have to ship laptop to texas for service because CD drive snapped.
Fack.

Also, drunk TARDIS
User Image

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Sen Natsu
have to ship laptop to texas for service because CD drive snapped.
Fack.

Also, drunk TARDIS
http://i.imgur.com/T1C9g.jpg
When I get it I'll let you know. :P

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
So THAT'S where I parked it after my drunken shenanigans. rofl Thanks Sen.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Maybe you shouldn't admit property damage so willingly. Could become expensive.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The20
Lanackse-Kanvae
Maybe you shouldn't admit property damage so willingly. Could become expensive.

Good luck getting what isn't there. I'm a student, and the more valuable stuff is protected by the fact that it's either a disability aid or it was provided by the university to enable me with my studies. The stuff they could take would total around £200-£300 at best.

I think it costs about that to call the bailiffs in the first place.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
I am excited :3

Windows 8 will be here in the mail sometime today, and I'm going out to pick up a massive pc upgrade to compliment it.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Sonic Offline

Windows 8 will be here in the mail sometime today, and I'm going out to pick up a massive pc upgrade to compliment it.

Let me know how you get on with Win8.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
I was on my tablet earlier so I didn't give details on the upgrade (lollazytypist) but I'm going from a core2duo, 4 gigs of RAM and a radeon HD 3850 to hopefully an i5 ivy bridge, 8 gigs of RAM (I like playing with VMs and Live CDs <_<) an SSD and still not sure on the graphics card. I'll find out when I get there. Going to Frys, which is essentially NewEgg without the shipping costs; The prices are about the same.

Lanackse-Kanvae
Sonic Offline

Let me know how you get on with Win8.
Will do. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas