Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saruwatari Kooji
Oh how I love my job...

The end of last week and a day or so this week, I'm working on a batch script to automatically install 4 separate programs on a total of 30 netbooks. (Which by the way I did get figured out...minus a desktop shortcut to everyone's desktop).

Today, I spent my morning either simply connecting a cable from the computer to something(either the wall or a smartboard), now my afternoon has consisted of updating iTunes for a teacher(teachers aren't given enough rights to install anything) and installing a printer on an entire computer lab. For the printer install I have two choices...go up to the lab itself and log on to each computer individually and set up the printer or stay comfortably seated in my dark closet of an office(I like it in here) and remote log in and install it remotely. Guess which one I opted for.
Now all you need is your BOFH excuse calendar, and you'll be a proper sysadmin. smile

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

psychic stalker
Saruwatari Kooji
Oh how I love my job...

The end of last week and a day or so this week, I'm working on a batch script to automatically install 4 separate programs on a total of 30 netbooks. (Which by the way I did get figured out...minus a desktop shortcut to everyone's desktop).

Today, I spent my morning either simply connecting a cable from the computer to something(either the wall or a smartboard), now my afternoon has consisted of updating iTunes for a teacher(teachers aren't given enough rights to install anything) and installing a printer on an entire computer lab. For the printer install I have two choices...go up to the lab itself and log on to each computer individually and set up the printer or stay comfortably seated in my dark closet of an office(I like it in here) and remote log in and install it remotely. Guess which one I opted for.
Now all you need is your BOFH excuse calendar, and you'll be a proper sysadmin. smile

I wonder if I can get that attached to my work email client...

Shameless Enabler

My job sent me to a tropical resort for a day this week. ******** closets. lol
nouveau sereph
nice, a lot better then where some of my jobs have sent me.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Just got the "Timid" achievement... sweatdrop

In other news, got a job as a Junior PHP Developer. I get to work with Magento. Fun. Fun.

Dangerous Trader

Ashimakase

In other news, got a job as a Junior PHP Developer. I get to work with Magento. Fun. Fun.

For a minute there I thought you'd be transported to Asteroid M sometime in the near future.

User Image

Shameless Enabler

Ryuke Dragon
Ashimakase

For a minute there I thought you'd be transported to Asteroid M sometime in the near future.

User Image
Hey they could be working in the Savage Lands.
Wow. Just recovered data from a customer's almost dead drive, and it was infected with an old sample of the Michelangelo virus. ie95boot.exe name and all.

It's so old most of my tools didn't even find it. neutral
Joda01
nouveau sereph
nice, a lot better then where some of my jobs have sent me.

Ditto.
I feel like such a tool, using WIN - Remote for WMP...

Shameless Enabler

iPhone took a high dive into the toilet. Awesome. It is submerged in rice, but I don't like my chances.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Oh how I love Mondays...

My day just started(about 2 hours ago)...and when I first walk in the door I get slammed with 2 copy machines crapped out both screaming for service, district webpage is down making everyone freak out on me that the internet is down, the computer that displays the announcements in the commons area decided to crap out over the weekend, and that was just within the first 45 minutes...

Anyway, does anyone else have anything to say about Mondays? Has yours started out as wonderfully as mine or is it even better?
Saruwatari Kooji
Oh how I love Mondays...

My day just started(about 2 hours ago)...and when I first walk in the door I get slammed with 2 copy machines crapped out both screaming for service, district webpage is down making everyone freak out on me that the internet is down, the computer that displays the announcements in the commons area decided to crap out over the weekend, and that was just within the first 45 minutes...

Anyway, does anyone else have anything to say about Mondays? Has yours started out as wonderfully as mine or is it even better?
That sounds more like a friday 30 minutes before time to leave.
Saruwatari Kooji
Oh how I love Mondays...

2 guys called in sick a third left after 1-1½ hour, and I felt a bit under the weather my self.
but as it turns out 2 of them are people I am suppose to help if they get a "heavy" work load, so their bosses came a "asked" me to take their work load for the day, and the third guy, is the one the usually gives me a hand.
and it is the 1st on top of it.
(a common deals between companies where I live is this month +30 days credit, so the first starts a new credit period)
This page won't go down without me posting on it!
Only had a little stress during the last week/weekend, but most of it is over now. And we have lots of food left from the silver wedding anniversary that was the reason for most of the stress.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff