- Report Post
- Posted: Thu, 03 May 2012 17:45:46 +0000
I'm lucky...I don't have to check mine. They are wired in on their own separate circuit with a battery backup in case the power goes out, and if the battery in one is low...they all go off. I personally think that is how they should be put in every house...but I imagine the cost of doing that to older houses that aren't already like that can be rather prohibitive.
How many do you have?
Yes the older buildings can be a real pain to do anything with. It's triply so when you have a Grade 2 listed building. The Council love to keep adding things to the list of stuff to do before they'll sign the work off as being within the building regulations. You really have to step down on that otherwise you'll never finish.
Ours is just on battery anyway. I've never heard of one that ran on mains power.
I've got 4 smoke alarms, one in each bedroom(3) and another in the living room. On top of those there is also a carbon monoxide detector.