Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Yuki, this may sound harsh but I have two words that may well describe your mother's situation:

Sinking ship.

We all know what happens when you don't abandon a sinking ship until it's too late and all the lifeboats have ******** off to a safe distance.

In short, I agree with Jackson and that's admittedly about as rare as hen's teeth.
@tadpole: appropriate pic biggrin

@lk: Yeah. I have a place lined you to head off to in september. I"m trying to get a job at best buy now....hope they don't mind a guy with no certs.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Jaydi Blaze

@lk: Yeah. I have a place lined you to head off to in september. I"m trying to get a job at best buy now....hope they don't mind a guy with no certs.
They would actually prefer that. Best Buy can train you "their" way, and Geek Squad can feed you their bullshit, but because you have no certs and thus don't know what you're doing (as far as they're concerned)
Sonic Offline
Jaydi Blaze

They would actually prefer that. Best Buy can train you "their" way, and Geek Squad can feed you their bullshit, but because you have no certs and thus don't know what you're doing (as far as they're concerned)
Okay, good.
just have to pass that "let's ask the same question 40 ways" test....and hope they don't call my old manager from radioshack since about the time I was fired I was in full burnout from being there for so many years.
...though I wonder if they'd take me back. Everyone there is so new that I'm the only one with a "serving since 06" nametag, and my shirt still fits.
I guess the universe dosn't want me working at geek squad. Click on the timed test...boom, mum needs to go somewhere and I'm blocking her in.
Battery is dead, so I need to replace the battery before I can move out of the way.
three phone calls.
one house phone call.
Two customers.
Five emails.

AND THEN I GET TO START THE TEST.
I got one question gonk

Dangerous Trader

Yuki the Third
I guess the universe dosn't want me working at geek squad. Click on the timed test...boom, mum needs to go somewhere and I'm blocking her in.
Battery is dead, so I need to replace the battery before I can move out of the way.
three phone calls.
one house phone call.
Two customers.
Five emails.

I got one question gonk
Sounds like you have a cascade failure of organization. How are you expecting to hold down a job when you have so many responsibilities elsewhere? Explain: customers, e-mails. What are you being paid to be somebody's gofer?

Edit: I'd say you shouldn't even spend time talking to me about your problems, you have too much to worry about, but it seems like that hasn't been getting it done :/
Ryuke Dragon
Yuki the Third
three phone calls.
one house phone call.
Two customers.
Five emails.

I got one question gonk
Sounds like you have a cascade failure of organization. How are you expecting to hold down a job when you have so many responsibilities elsewhere? Explain: customers, e-mails. What are you being paid to be somebody's gofer?

Edit: I'd say you shouldn't even spend time talking to me about your problems, you have too much to worry about, but it seems like that hasn't been getting it done :/
They're not all business related. the emails were some newsletter from a forum I thought I unsubscribed from and a few bits of spam, the calls were one that equated to "did you try turning it off and on?" for a mac, and the other being someone needing windows 7......just venting, sorry.
Yuki the Third
Ryuke Dragon
Yuki the Third
three phone calls.
one house phone call.
Two customers.
Five emails.

I got one question gonk

They're not all business related. the emails were some newsletter from a forum I thought I unsubscribed from and a few bits of spam, the calls were one that equated to "did you try turning it off and on?" for a mac, and the other being someone needing windows 7......just venting, sorry.

Better to vent here then at a potential customer.

Dangerous Trader

Yuki the Third
*nodnod*
A number of your problems seem readily solvable with a reorganization of priorities and a trash bucket labeled "not my problem".

User Image

I'm a hard choice solution kind of guy, possible you won't even have to leave your mother behind if you reorganize the relationship.
speaking of chewing, omnomnom cajun tilapia....
so spicy <3

Shameless Enabler

Me and my mates have a philosophy, lifted from Douglas Adams - we call it the SEP Bucket, or Somebody Else's Problem Bucket. If someone approaches you with their s**t, and it doesn't directly influence your s**t, you have every right to put that in the Bucket. By definition, it is Somebody Else's Problem, so why make it your own? It just causes aggravation and complication.

Yuki, buy a ******** bucket, because the alternative is being labelled one of those sad ******** who likes being put in these situations just so they can illicite some sympathy.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

I am starting to grow very weary of the piss poor management I'm currently working under. There is a laundry list of problems but I won't waste your time with everything...just tonight's shift.

I don't know how many of you pay attention to college sports(I'm assuming not many) but tonight happened to be the championship game of NCAA men's basketball. That alone would indicate a busy night for a delivery pizza place like the Pizza Hut I work at, but not only was it the championship game, but KU(Kansas University) made it to that game. Being in this shithole of a state meant that our night was going to be a hell of a lot busier because their precious team made the championship game. Not only did our manager not take into account the fact that the game alone would mean excess business but he didn't even consider the fact that a Kansas team making it would mean even more. Immediately after clocking in and taking over the shift the trouble began...and it was nonstop all night. I finally left at 3am and still didn't get everything done that should have been done...

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Saru, I call that Pointy Haired Boss Syndrome or PHBS for short. When asked what PHBS means, I usually like to guff it with some very long winded (and probably fictional) words like Potentially Havocational Brilliant Situation if the offending boss is in earshot with a sly little wink.
GUIZE! GUIZE! HAY GUIZE3!
https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim/status/187653853339074560
I don't know if this confirms anything but, if so......hold on to your lunch, toonami 2.0 may be coming.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff