Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Lunatic

Lanackse-Kanvae
So yeah, apparently "faeces" is an offensive term now. Might as well just add all medical terms to the ever increasing "do not use in case some c**t gets butthurt" list. This is going to take a long time and I'm going to ring the tutor for an extension.

Aren't you doing IT?

Why the ******** did you put that in an assignment? Surely that kind of thing should be pretty obvious...

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
trezoid
Lanackse-Kanvae
So yeah, apparently "faeces" is an offensive term now. Might as well just add all medical terms to the ever increasing "do not use in case some c**t gets butthurt" list. This is going to take a long time and I'm going to ring the tutor for an extension.

Aren't you doing IT?

Why the ******** did you put that in an assignment? Surely that kind of thing should be pretty obvious...

It wasn't on the assignment, it was someone getting all butthurt about a medical term and the moderator seemingly ignorant about medical terms.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Lanackse-Kanvae
It depends on the context. If you're using it to describe something, without the obvious intent to be negative, use it anyway. let them be offended. It's what I do when I work when the situation comes up. When I get tattled on, my boss lols. "Dude, you said feces and they got mad? olololololol"

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Sonic Offline
Lanackse-Kanvae
It depends on the context. If you're using it to describe something, without the obvious intent to be negative, use it anyway. let them be offended. It's what I do when I work when the situation comes up. When I get tattled on, my boss lols. "Dude, you said feces and they got mad? olololololol"

I was using it to describe IE along with one of the reasons why (inability to parse a valid command). The mod actually censored the word because some said I was being vile and my response was "well if you're that offended by medical terms, feel free to go without medical facilities for a month. No more paracetamol for that headache, no visits to the doctors, and do not visit the hospital."

In fact my boyfriend agrees that it was wrong to censor a medical term. Learning Support have been informed that this may well push me away from the OU if this is what I can expect in the future.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Sonic Offline
Lanackse-Kanvae

I was using it to describe IE along with one of the reasons why (inability to parse a valid command). The mod actually censored the word because some said I was being vile and my response was "well if you're that offended by medical terms, feel free to go without medical facilities for a month. No more paracetamol for that headache, no visits to the doctors, and do not visit the hospital."

In fact my boyfriend agrees that it was wrong to censor a medical term. Learning Support have been informed that this may well push me away from the OU if this is what I can expect in the future.
If you need a doctor or medications several times a month something is wrong. Last time i saw a doctor was almost a year ago, when i had a routine appointment with the dentist. Last time i took medications ... i don't even remember (unless you count tea for colds as medication)

Edit: On a completely unrelated note, did someone else notice an increase of pink links and gift boxes floating around?
I think they "fixed" it so it go around the blocks, or maybe you are just spending more time here?
The20
Edit: On a completely unrelated note, did someone else notice an increase of pink links and gift boxes floating around?
Well, tomorrow is Singles Awareness Day.

Sparkly Lunatic

psychic stalker
The20

And then it's cheap chocolate day.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
trezoid
psychic stalker
The20

And then it's cheap chocolate day.

AKA "make like Pacman with the choccies day" emotion_omnomnom
psychic stalker
The20
I know. I have to submit my thesis tomorrow.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The20
psychic stalker
The20
I know. I have to submit my thesis tomorrow.

I'll be seeing someone from yet another Governmental quango. Happy Vivisection Day to me?
I was planning to write a documentation for my code, but it looks like i won't have the time for that anymore (1 hour and 48 minutes remaining).

Edit: And now Windows froze again for no apparent reason. I don't have time for this horseshit!

Edit 2: Ok, 3 minutes hardcore relaxation and then onwards to the future! Or something.

Edit 3: Burning CDs with Windows now. Never tried that before.

Edit 4: And now Windows ate my CD or what?

Edit 5: DONE! Finally. About ******** time. Seriously ... (Edit 6: Not Windows burning the CD, me finally finishing my BA thesis.)

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I love it when people give feedback on something that can be surmised in only two words. talk2hand

Quote:
That... is a really crappy build.

I just thanked them for the thorough advice and stated that I will put it to use.

Eh I'm probably going to get griefed for it but those people can go sit on a cactus for all I care. I really dislike people that can only slam something and not give any help as to how to make it "less crappy". I consider that a form of trolling and the people that do this are lucky to not get chewed out.

I can handle criticism when it's actually constructive and useful.

Dangerous Trader

Lanackse-Kanvae
I love it when people give feedback on something that can be surmised in only two words. talk2hand

Quote:
That... is a really crappy build.

I just thanked them for the thorough advice and stated that I will put it to use.

Eh I'm probably going to get griefed for it but those people can go sit on a cactus for all I care. I really dislike people that can only slam something and not give any help as to how to make it "less crappy". I consider that a form of trolling and the people that do this are lucky to not get chewed out.

I can handle criticism when it's actually constructive and useful.

I think this is an accurate portrayal of my opinion on the subject:
User Image
It's just that 13 year olds on the whole can't give constructive criticism. In my perfect world they would be trolled and/or flamed for their inability to convey their thoughts until they said what they meant or ran away crying.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I hear ya there Ryuke emotion_brofist

Can I join you in the trolling of these people? emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash